Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Cruisin' Virginia Beach Auto Super Show - May 5th

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife will be out of town all weekend, so I'm looking forward to the show, then watching the race later that night.....I've got off Friday so the weekend will be starting early!!!!! Hope for good weather come Saturday!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

ugh, i wish it would stop raining for a second so i could wash my ****.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I had a great time, thanks to everyone who came.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Event Organizer

JIMSCULLY@LiveNation.com
office # (757) 425-3111
cell # (757) 615-0483
Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

I hate alcohol.....

good times btw
Old 05-06-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had a great time, decent weather and lots of nice cars!!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a blast.....

Kyle
Old 05-06-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

glad we didnt have sunday's weather on saturday!

look forward to next year
Old 05-06-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

per the post on hrfbody website that i'm not registered.

i put my phone number here and i was never contacted with any further instructions. that is where my responsibility ends cuz you guys run the thing not me.

in reguards to not fair, my guys are very performance oriented, and we collectively would have voted more based on that. i understand that is not what a car 'show' is necessarily about so i don't let it get to me. it only comes natural to some to be dissapointed when a v6 best in shows over the 5 thousand combined horsepower of the 4 cars i would have rather seen picked

i would take what you heard and get in touch with whoever left you hanging or dropped the ball ect well prior to next years event (more like now would be the best time) and bother them until you have their attention. you being the representative means you have to deal with the bad too.

i will try to get everyone pre registered next year, there will always be exceptions

lastly the comment on the judging sheet is some of my guys didnt go digging through the envelope to see if maybe there was something inside there they needed to fill out additionally and turn in in order to be voted on. this should be done at the tent on sign-in (what else is sign-in for anyway?) I might have been able to go over this with some of them if i was able to park with my car club
Old 05-07-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone posted pics yet?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

i had a blast, the best part of the show isn't really the show but cutting loose with yer friends.

that said i am looking forward to next year's improvements...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Anyone posted pics yet?

I posted some in the another thread.... Ill find them and link them in here....
Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

I went and took some pic's....... these are what i took before my battery died....

This 1st guy was two cars in front of me....
Not an LS1..
427ci and Precision 101mm Turbo.

My Favorite from the Show

Me

Sean's NBM SS

Mighty Mouse

572 Z-28

Old 05-07-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Adam's Fire Hawk From RPM

Adam's Girl Friends SOM WS6

RPM's RX7 LS1 Swap

My Buddy Lee's Roush Stg II

3 Door Lifted Truck..

I decided yesterday that i really dispise old Mustangs.... really anything older then a Fox Body.... Is it just me????

Kyle
Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

I've got at least a couple hundred pictures I'll put up in the Multimedia section sometime tonight.

Had a blast too, by the way. Really lookin' forward to next year.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by amsterdamn
I've got at least a couple hundred pictures.....
www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710587

Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet........
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
per the post on hrfbody website that i'm not registered.

I put my phone number here and i was never contacted with any further instructions. that is where my responsibility ends cuz you guys run the thing not me.

in regards to not fair, my guys are very performance oriented, and we collectively would have voted more based on that. i understand that is not what a car 'show' is necessarily about so i don't let it get to me. it only comes natural to some to be dissapointed when a v6 best in shows over the 5 thousand combined horsepower of the 4 cars i would have rather seen picked

i would take what you heard and get in touch with whoever left you hanging or dropped the ball ect well prior to next years event (more like now would be the best time) and bother them until you have their attention. you being the representative means you have to deal with the bad too.

i will try to get everyone pre registered next year, there will always be exceptions

lastly the comment on the judging sheet is some of my guys didnt go digging through the envelope to see if maybe there was something inside there they needed to fill out additionally and turn in in order to be voted on. this should be done at the tent on sign-in (what else is sign-in for anyway?) I might have been able to go over this with some of them if i was able to park with my car club
Every year it has always been first come first serve when it comes to parking. I've been going since the first show. If you want to complain about not parking with your club, come show up in a lineup like most of us did. Second, send JIM and e-mail about his shoving all GM cars into the F-body section. Third, help with parking and moving people next year.

As for voting, no matter what someone would be MAD with only 2 freaking places for 4th gens and over 30 4th gens. I sent Jim a long email already about giving us more so we can have other classes next year. We needed stock, modified, etc. Heck we didn't even know what the classes where. We just counted the trophies and assumed we had to do runner up and first place. We had enough for each generation. Not to be a dick, but big shiny engines don't equal anything when your paint and presentation suck.

It is a car show. I know, I know, you're all about racing.

There were a lot of dirty cars, that I'm sure where very fast. Some people didn't even open their hoods. The girls had a list of the cars we thought should be judged for best of show. And I actually thought the Flame TA would be picked and the girls came back with the RS. I honestly think the girls were less bias then us guys. I thought we gave you a trophy anyways?

Either way, more classes would have solved that. I went to another f-body show and they had close to 6 classes just for 4th gens.

The V6 had a lot of attention to detail, the paint was perfect, even the underside of his car was clean. Travis got first place, becuase of the level of detail and attention to the parts of his car. This guy has chrome bolts on the transmission.

As for your #, Its not my job to contact you either. We didn't run anything other than volunteer to do handle registrations and judging for the f-body section of the show. And I was there at the booth the whole time. I think the only person who actually spoke with me was Mr.Rob. Everything else I've heard is second hand, minus the two emails to my webmaster account. Loved the trash talking.

If you guys are so much about racing, don't come next year. Not to be an *******. But I did try to be friendly from the start. I do recall you guys posting before the show, Who THE **** are they, we OWN that show, etc.

So I'm sorry that I'm not 100% as friendly. I honestly wouldn't of volunteered if I knew it was going to be like that. Every other year its been nice. Enough calling and emails and next year it will be better.

I've already got guys to do parking, and next year we are going to line up cars and spaces properly. So if you all come at once, you will get to be together and represent.

Overall, we had a good time, and I let Jim know, if he doesn't separate the f-bodies from everything else next year, you'll boycott the show. I am not going unless we can only worry about ourselves, and not the buick club and astro vans and other ****.

Here is his information again:

JIMSCULLY@LiveNation.com
office # (757) 425-3111
cell # (757) 615-0483

Last edited by HRFBODY; 05-08-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Teching In

www.hrfbody.com

REGISTER THERE for next year.

I can't even get back onto your rpm site, it keeps telling me there is an error or something with my password.

I had hoped the show would go better so you guys would want to come to our cruise. Oh well.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok man if you want to vent on me about your frustrations go ahead, but i (we) are giving you good feedback. if it is out of your realm to handle the problems had then let it slide off man, this weekend is supposed to be a good time. i can tell you that RPM bringing 14 f bodies 2 vettes and an lsrx-7 is not part of the problem, so you can leave that right there.

its not about me at all, like i said i know how car shows go, and i didnt expect to get a trophy. but now that Dustin and Myself won't be busy this year building entire cars, we can probably get around to sending some bolts out to get chromed.