Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

SLP Dyno Days

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
What happend to that other SLP guy that was on here starting to talk to everyone and giving out great information and responding to threads? This other guy still has not responded yet!

The other guy is Hank, Director of Engineering for SLP and he has posted the info in the other SLP Dyno thread.

Thanks for feedback folks, based on what we've seen we may be filled up already - the website will be updated with the count once the callbacks are done.

-Dave
Old 02-17-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG Hell yea SLP Customer Appreciation days were the ****! Now we get high prices and that doesnt include a tour of the facility sad..
Old 02-18-2007, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
the website will be updated with the count once the callbacks are done.

-Dave
I'm sure the phones are ringing off the hook.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Holy cow! The New Jersey democratic politicians must be running SLP.
Your from texas , and you already know what its like in jersey. Its ashame how this state is run.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

To All,

This is not some hurry up get one car in one car out dyno day. Please read the dyno page carefully. It says two good pulls. This means, for anyone not familiar with dyno testing, that we will do as many pulls as it takes to get 0 knock and 2 pulls back to back that are within 2hp of each other (the dyno error). This takes time and knowledge of dyno testing. We are not in the business of doing hurry up dyno testing. All lambda reading are taken post CAT in the pipe, not a tailpipe sensor that can be very inaccurate. This also takes time as each vehicle needs to be put on a lift and have the sensor installed. We take the utmost care on all vehicles and choose not to try and "get in as many cars as possible" thus the 12 limit.

Also please read the dyno page carefully. We will be offering up tours of our engine dyno room and of course the chassis dyno room and how everything works. What you will not have access to will be the manufacturing facility, sales offices and warehouse. These things are not of much interest to many. Since this is our first dyno day we decided to keep theses areas closed.

I am so sorry so many of you see this as a negative event, instead of seeing it for what it is, a dyno day to show our facility off and show how accurate and professional our dyno testing is. We rather supply our customers with full reports, photos and videos that may cost a bit more, then a quick in and out service with limited data. Full reports go a long way when looking back at past mods and calculating gains from dyno to dyno, year to year.

I hope some of you out there can see the benefit of all stated above

Thanks
Hank

Thanks
Hank
Old 02-18-2007, 01:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
You might as well cancel it now....the price is way too high!

Wouldn't SLP want to attract customers to their facility?

From a business standpoint, this is not about the dyno. Rather, it would be about getting people in the door to buy parts!

What a strange business model you guys have!

The business model is to show our dyno facility, thus a "dyno day". Plus offering a 10% discount and free shipping to those who come. This is not a marketing ploy to get people down to SLP and have a salesmen try and sell them parts. So no this is not about getting people in the door to buy parts. We are not a new car dealership. This day will give people the opportunity to come down watch or dyno with no pressure to buy. But thank you for your business model.

We will NOT cancel it. And we plan on attracting customers by offering the 10% and free shipping for parts they have been "eyeing up" for some time.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hank
Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
Harris (dyno tuned) my car with a printout and a dvd of my car for $200. Slp must have a lot of customers, because it seems like their not trying to make new ones. . I was waiting for this new of their dyno day for a while , but i have to say that i am truly disappointed. As you can see from my sig that i am an slp customer, but that price is ridiculous.

I think all will agree on this site that a custom tune and dyno session for 200.00 is a great deal. Good Stuff.

Obviously we want to make new customers. Please stop by on March 24th, just to watch. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks
Hank
Old 02-18-2007, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
OMG Hell yea SLP Customer Appreciation days were the ****! Now we get high prices and that doesnt include a tour of the facility sad..

Please see posts from me above about tours.

Thanks
Hank
Old 02-18-2007, 02:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
What happend to that other SLP guy that was on here starting to talk to everyone and giving out great information and responding to threads? This other guy still has not responded yet!

I am here and have responded, see above. Do not get upset if it takes me one day to respond, I promise I will. I will usually respond within a day, unless I am on travel.

Thanks
Hank
Old 02-18-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, I was like finally when I read the title and I was looking forward to this too, I woulda payed $75 but damn almost $200 just to dyno my intake/exhaust car, no thanks. I will be waiting till it's full bolt-on and will be taking my business to TTP.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$200 is def not bad for a dyno tune. i recall paying $500 and I still have 4 degrees of false knock laying around, some surging and other minor issues that could have been worked out if the tuner took a little more seat time.

-Brian

edit....yea read it more carefully and was informed by a member that its not a dyno tune. yea thats expensive lol

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 02-18-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLPPower
To All,

This is not some hurry up get one car in one car out dyno day. Please read the dyno page carefully. It says two good pulls. This means, for anyone not familiar with dyno testing, that we will do as many pulls as it takes to get 0 knock and 2 pulls back to back that are within 2hp of each other (the dyno error). This takes time and knowledge of dyno testing. We are not in the business of doing hurry up dyno testing. All lambda reading are taken post CAT in the pipe, not a tailpipe sensor that can be very inaccurate. This also takes time as each vehicle needs to be put on a lift and have the sensor installed. We take the utmost care on all vehicles and choose not to try and "get in as many cars as possible" thus the 12 limit.

Also please read the dyno page carefully. We will be offering up tours of our engine dyno room and of course the chassis dyno room and how everything works. What you will not have access to will be the manufacturing facility, sales offices and warehouse. These things are not of much interest to many. Since this is our first dyno day we decided to keep theses areas closed.

I am so sorry so many of you see this as a negative event, instead of seeing it for what it is, a dyno day to show our facility off and show how accurate and professional our dyno testing is. We rather supply our customers with full reports, photos and videos that may cost a bit more, then a quick in and out service with limited data. Full reports go a long way when looking back at past mods and calculating gains from dyno to dyno, year to year.

I hope some of you out there can see the benefit of all stated above

Thanks
Hank

Thanks
Hank
Sadly not many people seemed to click the link for it, I don't mean to nit pick as looks like you've got enough already but for the deal you offer it's not bad at all!

If you maybe put the "good pulls" and reasoning you did in this post to the first post, you'd not spark quite as large an uproar.

Much luck with your dyno day, I'd love to go but I just booked my self a vaction so i'm a little short.

Best of luck and hopfully i'll be at the next, the tour is quite tempting

Max
Old 02-18-2007, 08:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Sadly not many people seemed to click the link for it
Max - the page does not auto update. Our web staff will manually update the page once all of the callbacks are done.

Regards,

David
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

SLPPOWER

All lambda reading are taken post CAT
Did you mean to say pre cat?

I don't think $200 is too much, especially if it is hung next to the birth certificate from SLP on the wall.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ace68
SLPPOWER

Did you mean to say pre cat?

I don't think $200 is too much, especially if it is hung next to the birth certificate from SLP on the wall.

Ace68,

We take all of our measurements POST CAT, as we have our lambda sensors calibrated for Post Cat measurement.

Thanks
Hank
Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I gotta be honest here,if SLP is tuning via WB your car for 200 and u get to spend the day there thats not a bad deal......Dave's a nice guy and all of the crew at SLP are very polite,friendly......I'd have no problem with that price personally....
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

If that's for a tune, thats a pretty damn excellent deal. Even if not for a tune, I'm sure they'd fill up anyway since its SLP. I'm not saying I would sign up because of the name brand, but I'm sure many people would.

EDIT: This actually doesn't look too bad. You do get a video and photos taken by SLP burned on a DVD with a nice flashy report thing from what it says. I know photos aren't that cheap so dvd videos probably arent either. So with the dyno runs + multimedia stuff + getting to say you dyno'd at SLP, I can see where the price comes from and I'm sure they won't have any problem filling up.

Last edited by z28bryan; 02-19-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

It certainly doesn't make sense that this includes tuning as it seems a bit difficult to accurately tune the car with no wideband readings.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 213 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm in for 8am, hopefully the extra 3k break-in miles will help my little LS1 get above 500hp
Old 02-19-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

how does one eliminate knock without tuning? only thing i can think of is to reduce the load imposed by the dyno, which would lead to wildly inaccurate numbers.

is there another method to reduce knock during/between pulls that i am not aware of?