Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Big thanks to Dez Racing and Slowhawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007 | 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default Big thanks to Dez Racing and Slowhawk

I realize this might be a little late but man have I been swamped lately. I recently had Don install my new forged 347 from LME and I just have to publicly thank him and the rest of the Dez crew . It was a very quick and (for me) painless process. The car has been kind of an ongoing project since I bought it and found it to be rougher than I had thought it looked in the photos. After spinning a couple bearings on the old 147k mile block, I decided to get a new Forged H/C setup. Bought the engine from LME and thought I wanted to do it myself... But working full time and going to school full time quickly proved me wrong. So, I called Dez, and 2 weeks and a few bills later, the car is running. I realize Don ran into some issues with the car, some missing parts from me doing the engine removal myself, and some electrical problems. I really want to thank him for giving me a break and doing GREAT work. I am still on the break in tune, and will be getting a final tune once Don gets back from FLA. On the break-in and new motor the car made 414 RWHP and 380 RWTQ. The car Drives AWESOME, and I cannot wait to get the final tune done and get the final numbers. I will make sure to post an update when I do.

LME Forged 347
AFR 205's
F.A.S.T. 90 / NW 90mm TB
232 / 239 .598 / .613 on a 112 +4
Speed inc. Fuel Rails
42 Lb/hr inj.
LS7 clutch / LS2 flywheel.

Nick
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

good to hear and enjoy man. there work is Awesome. once its all dialed in youll be even happier
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Smart move to let the Pros at Dez do your install....enjoy it when the good weather arrives. WJ
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, it is running just a tad bit rich in the lower RPM range, which I realize is just to keep things safe. I am hoping to be right around your HP / TQ figures when all is said and done. I have had to add a couple of new grounds as the car had some electrical issues. It was throwing security lights and VATS bypass codes since I got it back. With the new grounds, those have vanished and the car is running a little better. I can't wait to get it all dialed in.

Nick
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Nice to see the props Nick. We'll set something up soon to go over the car and finish tuning it.Hopefully the weather will get allittle warmer
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Trust me Don, you deserve it. Give me a call anytime you are ready to set something up. I have not even thought about driving the car for the past 2 days because it has been soo cold and we had some snow squals yesterday. Looks like we got a warm front coming next week though!

Nick
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Viperguynick
Trust me Don, you deserve it. Give me a call anytime you are ready to set something up. I have not even thought about driving the car for the past 2 days because it has been soo cold and we had some snow squals yesterday. Looks like we got a warm front coming next week though!

Nick
Next week or the week after won't be a problem.We'll go by the weather,free time ect..