Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Dan's truck part II

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, i brought it to a local shop 1mile down the road cause i simply mentally couldn't handle working on it anymore. they took the kit off, made new gaskets cause the ones on their were ****, pulled the valve covers just for the hell of it and UH OH, rockers were hitting the ******* valve covers.

so, they put it back together and the bitch is in my driveway again. no power whatsoever. totaly god damn dog. somehow the kit is just not lining up right. big leak between the turbo and downpipe. im taking a ******* sledge hammer to it tomorrow. That should fix it. lol

I ordered a new Vband clamp for the turbo/dp connection cause the one that is there has never seemed to fit right(and i broke it). I also just ordered some 1/2" valve cover spacers. hope to christ they'll work.

i'm possibly taking it to my local transmision guy to have the rear main seal fixed because oh yeah, not sure if i mentioned it, but it ******* leaks.

that's about all i've got for updates incase anyone is interested. 1 year and 3 days. that's how long it's been since i dropped the truck off in RI at SDCE.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

this site really sucks tonight.

anyway, truck is still fucked. newest problem is the rockers are smashing into the ******* valve covers. can't believe nobody noticed that. anywho, ordered valve cover spacers today. probably will have them next week.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, that's where the rockers were smashing into the valve covers.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why dont ya get a set of taller valve covers?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You actually don't need taller valve covers or spacers.That is the baffle which you just cut out.We just clearanced them on Matts truck with no problems.

Funny though.We had the valve covers off and there was no marks.Of course that was before running it hard.Looks like we might be seeing some serious valve float problems to do that.

So,all in all -send the spacers back because I won't use them.Because #1- they always fit like crap ,#2-there is already limited clearance on the driver side and the spacer will push the coils into the turbo, #3 custom wires will have to be made for all the plugs.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Damn this truck just won't give it up! It's living up to it's name, that's for sure.... HD!!

Good luck with once again Dan....
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

i think it's ******* sweet that i tried to post up that pic 3 times and it didn't show up at all. but now all 3 posts are here, lol. gotta love it.

this ******* truck is gonna be the death of me. really wish i hadn't ordered those spacers today.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DanaliHD

So, the truck will be down for a few weeks. I'm gonna order up some new valve covers too cause mine look like someone whiped their *** with them.
Are these the new covers? I'm thinkin' you didn't order the right ones! Dude, at this point, I think you need to sell this truck as a work in progress.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Im with Whip on this one. Cut your loses and RUN!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Sell it for whatever you can get or torch it, take the insurance money, and buy an srt-10 ram truck quad cab. Saw some rediculous deals locally on some. One 2 door 05 with 2K miles for 33K and an 05 quad cab with 693 miles for 36K. Take it to Don, have him toss on a single turbo kit, and be done with it lol.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Damn Dan!! I have to admit, you do have the most interesting posts in the Eastern Section.

The truck is trying to kill you slowly, like a wife!! Looks like your buddy was trying to help you out of spending more money, by leaving the light in your truck. But NOOOO! You had to go and remove it!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tracer X
Damn Dan!! I have to admit, you do have the most interesting posts in the Eastern Section.

The truck is trying to kill you slowly, like a wife!! Looks like your buddy was trying to help you out of spending more money, by leaving the light in your truck. But NOOOO! You had to go and remove it!
lol, i know right. the valve covers are the stock ones. i never did get new ones. i forgot to mention that the guys at the local shop each smoke 8-9 packs a day so now my truck smells too. awesome, lol. this is almost funny.

i keep wondering who's girlfriend did i bang to get all this bad kharma. my god!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say keep plugging away till you beat it! Never surrender lol I would have a reputable person tear it all apart and recheck/redo it all and be done with it once and for all. Or have someone build a whole new set up and part out yours.

Of course I recommend Don
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

old news, old news. i'm still amazed that people like that are allowed to exist. and people like me are stupid enough to fall for their bullshit.
I tried to warn you that Cafolla was a scum bag... I really hate to see people get dicked over.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM
CT Hotness

Wow that truck never gives up. I feel bad. Hopefully some day it will have mercy and give up
Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

something definately happened to the kit while getting rewelded. It just won't line up right at the downpipe/turbo flange. i persuaded it into place, lol, but it's off by "a C hair" as my neighbor said, lol. that's the only friggin spot it's leaking. it idle's great so it's got that going for it, lol.

some day the truck will run right. but it's gonna friggin cost me. i'm figuring on spending at least another $10,000 first. that will put me at $45,000.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Can you say shop #4? Don/Dez tried and man I can't express how much I appreciate the effort, but it's time I get it fixed once and for all. I think my problems are just too big and I don't want to burden them anymore with my issues.

So where is it going you ask?

well, it's in Madison Heights, MI. Figure it out!!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You are the most emotional unstable person I've ever met
Old 05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
You are the most emotional unstable person I've ever met
That's what the truck being down for over 1 year will do to a guy.

but, wifey made me do it.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

That's what the truck being down for over 1 year will do to a guy.

but, wifey made me do it.
If she pushed ya I would of just thrown that setup away and mimic Matts setup but $$ was a big issue everytime we talked

I just hope that check made it to the mail

Either way,I hope they can take care of it once and for all