Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

car show in Ocean City, MD

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its actually starting to look good this afternoon and evening. I want to get a group from here and met around 10 or 11 and take off for lunch from dover. i prob can get a couple cars. just give me a call.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Its supposed to rain there all weekend, but the weather is just cold and off and on raining. Not hard raining, just lightly.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

im not going to even bother then
Old 05-19-2007, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Weather is supposed to be great today/tomorrow...Its sunny now and is very nice outside...We are doing 45th again at 1 if anyone is interested...This time with sun and no rain!

--Alan
Old 05-19-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

It was cold and drizzled half the day yesterday none the less it was crazy out there. Just woke up and its sunny and calling for 67* today and no rain.

and jesus christ are there some fast cars down here...

So if anyone is thinking about coming you probably should its gonna get crazy tonight.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Yeah weather is looking great. least we get one good day. I will try to meet you down there on 45th street with few other cars this time. we might be a little late like 130 at the latest.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

hahaha that figures soon as all my buddies decide were not gonna go because it was going to rain it turns out to be nice...well have fun guys
Old 05-19-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Whens everyone going to be out later tonight? Lots of stuff out lastnight for sure!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

my buddy says is been pretty good down there. hes raced a decent amount of cars. won every race so far! got some good video too. if you're down there, look for a 86 porsche 944T and a charged silver c5.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Jeff, clean out your damn pm box!

Well i just got back from oc. halfway home im noticing some vibration, find out my lugs are loose, no tools with me and its after midnight so nothing is open, ****. So im hand tightening these bitches, driving a few miles, re-tightening them, pain in the ***! So i make it home ok, get out a socket, tighten those things up and SNAP, broke off a wheel stud. so i give up, im going to bed

OC was good, raced one mustang, Trip home, F'ing sucked
Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that sucks about your lugs..yea was overall a fun weekend. Dont know how anyone did much racing with the traffic and cops, could only get on it for about 10 feet at a time lol...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

yeah I went yesturday,there was soo many people out there it was nuts, You know when you get to the end near the inlet on 1st and you make the U-turn .. well at night when I went down aways, TONS of people on the sidewalk in this one spot, they were getting people to clean the tires off a bit, I'm talking like 60+ people in one spot taunting. Everyone was getting the tires loose then getting off of it, it was nuts. Then some cop on a bike was going to each car giving warnings but being a gigantic dick about it.. I doubt they'll ever be able to control these cruise ins. Other then the little showers here and there was a good time. I think next year I'm getting a hotel there though.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Restricted User

Well I got some good cruises in on thurs and saturday afternoon. Retarded weather. last night really pissed me off...so much so that we packed up and headed home around 11. My car was already a mess so I figured what the hell, at least i'll get to sleep in tomorrow.

There were indeed some insane rides down there. I dunno how many of you guys I saw...hard to tell. I come across a pack of LS1 camaros on thurs evening...one was primered between the driver's side front wheel well and door. Dunno if that was anyone from here, but I thought it might be. I wasn't on the strip too much though because of the shitty weather.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

yeah I saw that one also, had a primered hood on it too
Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Teching In

it was a good weekend. Lots of cars...i loved it. The weather was weird a lot of times, I'm glad thursday and friday night turned out to be pretty decent. I dont know how many of you all i saw...probably most of you. Steveo- i remember seeing your car quite a bit, i think i was riding around by you for a while one night. There were def. too many cops to do anything crazy..i made sure i never spun my wheels...even though all the drunks on the side of the road tried to pressure me into it. good weekend overall
Old 05-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by bk04cobra
it was a good weekend. Lots of cars...i loved it. The weather was weird a lot of times, I'm glad thursday and friday night turned out to be pretty decent. I dont know how many of you all i saw...probably most of you. Steveo- i remember seeing your car quite a bit, i think i was riding around by you for a while one night. There were def. too many cops to do anything crazy..i made sure i never spun my wheels...even though all the drunks on the side of the road tried to pressure me into it. good weekend overall
HA I can't get on it at all without my wheels spinning!! I found that as long as I didn't overdo it (like spinning hard through 1 and 2) the cops didn't bother. My brother ran me 4 times in his '69 and we both spun hard every time...but we shut down as soon as I hit second...yeah sucks I know...but it's better than nothing.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never seen so many nice cars in one place! I have some pics from the 45st meet on saturday that my wifey took. Alot of very clean cars. I'll get em up as soon as I figure out how to resize them. Hopefully later tonight.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Teching In

yeah i cant stomp into it either without spinning..it was hard to not punch it to the floor at all down there. I pulled down some side street and punched it for about half a second until i saw a state trooper car sitting down the road a little, i think he was even trying to wave me down but it was dark so i couldnt tell but i know he staring me down..i turned very quick and kept making turns so he couldnt find me...oops.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:51 PM
12 Second Club

hey smg297, I remember seeing your car ! awesome. I kind of regret not going to the meet guys... I had to work untill lunch time sat then prep the car. Next time i will take off the weekend so I can hang with you guys, Anyone know the guy in the black cobra? I was messing around with him a bit, ( wishing I kept my other rims on the the m/t's but oh well. So lets see, How many people here had an encouter with a cop? I recieved a warning, just spun first and got off it like all the other 20+ people that went before me, these tires are horrible , get all slimy.

Is the guy with the som color ( i think it was ) ws6 with a nice front mount IC on here?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya i also left around 11pm last night. Fed up with the car and the crap weather. Was thinking the same thing, got to sleep in this mornin and work on the car. My brand new muffler is falling apart, my car was going super rich at idle and kept stalling out, and my reverse blows. So ya i still did quite a bit of cruising but saturday was just terrible with the traffic and i didnt feel like being there anymore once the rain picked up.

I did have a great time, some awesome cars down there i enjoyed it all. I did a couple burnouts, lots of clutch dumping...my car was so abused...

Kinda raced a diesel pick up from roll and my car was going sideways in the 2 the right lanes next to his truck and then an undercover cop in a green impala came flying up to the side of me and was like " are you ok" i was like "ya" he said "are you SURE YOUR OK" i said "yes" he says "just take it easy alright i dont want to waste my time pulling you over and giving you a citation, take it easy bud" i said "yes sir" and he then sped off and pulled over another third gen up the road! I was pretty lucky...

bk04cobra - ya i remember your cobra amazingly from the rest, there were tons of stangs...but ya i think we cruised by each other for a few blocks.

crazy3rdgen - what happened sean?! We missed each other again this year...lol

Quick Reply: car show in Ocean City, MD