Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Beautiful day to get a couple tickets. Love my fairfax county!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nycab
I've never had much respect for most cops. Too many of them buy into the police-state philosophy. The role of the government (and hence, cops) is to protect our rights and freedoms. That's why their motto is "to serve and protect." That's why we have cops pulling people over for speeding, license plate, etc, etc. instead of actually protecting people. I suppose that's the price our society pays for creating a profession that draws primarily from the lower-educated segment of the population, giving them guns, "power," LOTS of free time, and a commision to make money for the state.

All that being said, there are of course cops that actually do represent the people. Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

What a jerk off statement.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Specialized
Thanks officer Joe.

Ill remember to take your advice the next time a ******** cop pulls me over for something idiotic. Ill just sit there (my 20 year old ***) and let him write me up for no real reason, just because he's jealous he's driving a Crown Vic, and Im driving my Camaro on a nice summer day.

Then, Ill get pulled over for driving my dads car home (from bringing him to the airport) and some other kid in a TT A6 tries to race me, I slow way down- both of us get pulled over. The cop asked me why I was racing, I said I wasnt- Im driving my dads car home from the airport because he's going to Miami. He said bullshit, I know kids- you all race on this road.

I really hate ******** cops, I wish they would all get off their high horse and sit with the rest of us. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ArcticZ28... so, what kind of exhaust do you have?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

hey nytmare if I see you on base Im pulling you over. Lights out. Just playing man. I see your car almost daily. Hopefully you can see mine one day. If its ever running again. You dont by chance know Dan who drive the blue gto do you?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Too lazy to read this whole thread......

But, just because the ticket is wrong doesn't mean it will get thrown out of court. I have brought this up multiple times and the judge just says it doesn't matter.

It really depends on the judge on whether or not he cares if the ticket is correct.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGo
Too lazy to read this whole thread......

But, just because the ticket is wrong doesn't mean it will get thrown out of court. I have brought this up multiple times and the judge just says it doesn't matter.

It really depends on the judge on whether or not he cares if the ticket is correct.
Exactly. It is all based on the judge.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nytmare1
ArcticZ28... so, what kind of exhaust do you have?
It's completely stock.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ss1129
hey nytmare if I see you on base Im pulling you over. Lights out. Just playing man. I see your car almost daily. Hopefully you can see mine one day. If its ever running again. You dont by chance know Dan who drive the blue gto do you?
Yeah, I'd like to see it. Looks like you've done some work. BTW, I'll be at the Auto Hobby Shop tomorrow after work. My girdle's leaking 'cause of a broken lower bolt. I have to see if I can back it out and get everything bolted back up without screwing up. Stop by if you have a chance.

No, don't know a Dan with a GTO. I know a Lt named Kyle who had a GTO. He's PCS'd though.

Marc
Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

damn man... I knew that one was going to happen sooner or later...

I'm just standing by to become a member of the "I got a BS loud exhaust ticket" club...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nytmare1
Yeah, I'd like to see it. Looks like you've done some work. BTW, I'll be at the Auto Hobby Shop tomorrow after work. My girdle's leaking 'cause of a broken lower bolt. I have to see if I can back it out and get everything bolted back up without screwing up. Stop by if you have a chance.

No, don't know a Dan with a GTO. I know a Lt named Kyle who had a GTO. He's PCS'd though.

Marc

Ill be up there for a while tomorrow. I hang out with Dave who works up there. They are good peeps and hook you up if you go there enough.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

hey dean leave nytmare1 alone, he is good people, i used to cruise with him to meets when i was in the hideout up thier! U would have met him sooner but ur so damn impatiant! Just playin guys. so whats up mark, how ya ben?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'd be suprised about the fairfax county judges, the cops try and get you with everything but judges normally let you off. I had a speeding ticket, loud exhaust ticket, and illegal tints ticket and the judge took them all away because no radar, no decibel (sp??) reading, and didn't have a tint meter to check that either. He tried to match his speed to mine because i was going over 120 but when he caught up to me I was down at 65 which was the speed limit and had no proof of anything. It was an argument without true evidence.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Read the first page but stopped after that; hope I didn't miss anything. That sucks Jon, I feel you on this issue. I know how you are, very calm and respectful. I don't know if you went to court yet, but I would fight it. I don't see how anyone could prove your car is loud without a decibel meter. I always thought to myself, if I get pulled over I would mention that police bikes are way louder than my car. Even at idle, those bikes are loud as ****!

For the first time in my life, I got pulled over last night. I was turning right on Braddock road and saw an Impala police car go by. I turned so I was behind it maybe 5 cars back. This green lt1 camaro passes me. It had long chrome exhaust tips but I never heard his exhaust. The camaro gets in a left turning lane and I see the Impala flip it's lights without siren and crosses over 2 lanes to get behind him. So she (it was a woman) gets out the car with her flash light and goes to the door, while at the same time I'm coming up on their right side. I let off the throttle and just cruise by, I'm looking in my rear view mirror and see she is looking at me and flashing her flash light. I started freaking out cause she must be pulling people over left and right for exhaust noise. I kept looking back and noticed the cop car was moving forward. I go through an intersection and try to pull a u-turn to get away. She flies up on my *** then eventually flippled the lights when I'm in the turn lane. I let the car idle across the road into the residential area then shut the car off while it's still moving. She asked me how I was doing and wanted my drivers license. I first gave her my Debit card cause I was so scared . She said she thought I was the camaro, which made me realize why the camaro got pulled over. But I'm confused on when she saw my front end. She looks at my front bumper and says I don't have a front license plate. I responded with, "I know, I need a special mounting bracket that the plate goes on. I'm trying to find one but I don't know where to get it." She agrees with me and says, "It looks like your tint is dark too." I said, "Yes, it is tinted, but the legal limit." So she go's to her car and does the routine check. Comes back and says to get the plate on soon. Got off clean, but I still had jitter's for the next hour.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Haha, you lucky bastard. I just had a cop with an itching to give out tickets. Such is my luck, though. I'll be calling the lawyer this week and will report back with what he thinks.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

hope it all works out for ya man, but just so ya know, it aint much better down in southern Va. I lived up in ur area for about 2 years and hated the cops but down hear they like to get u just as much!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
hope it all works out for ya man, but just so ya know, it aint much better down in southern Va. I lived up in ur area for about 2 years and hated the cops but down hear they like to get u just as much!
i agree, i swear all the hampton roads police have my car on a "Wanted" poster in their stations. found a va beach cop just posting up by my car at work for a good two hours, who knows what he was doing, but he wasnt sleep because i went over and checked...