Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

F*** New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Thanks for the info. I'm going to a different place tomorrow. Today I went to the one in Mt Holly and apparently they don't know the laws. I couldn't believe that bs, I was pissed.
Glad I could help
Old 03-26-2007 | 09:36 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
the education thing is actually used pretty much every where. higher educated people drive better according to the stats, just like rich people, and those with high paying jobs :roll:
Credit scores/ratings can affect insurance premiums as well.
Old 03-26-2007 | 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

what about how often i take a dump? The insurance companies could possibly conclude that if i took dumps more often id be inclined to speed home.
Old 03-26-2007 | 11:57 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ping King
what about how often i take a dump? The insurance companies could possibly conclude that if i took dumps more often id be inclined to speed home.
They do factor dump taking in as well actually but it works the other way...insurance companies figure if you're home taking a dumps more often that you're not out driving as much.
So when shopping for insurance be sure that you tell them you a lot.
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

summers here are fun but it costs too much to live here and winters suck. at least its going to be over 70 tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2007 | 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
Glad I could help
Hey, what place did you go to for your registration?
Old 03-27-2007 | 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

New Jersey DMV blows that is a fact, Just keep trying different places and I bet you'll get what you want. Besides that, crazy expensive insurance and property (among other things) NJ is great. And I don't think basing the insurance around graduating is such a bad thing, we need to be educated, and if you can't even get your high school education (which isn't that great to begin with) there’s a problem.
Old 03-27-2007 | 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01pewterbird
New Jersey DMV blows that is a fact, Just keep trying different places and I bet you'll get what you want. Besides that, crazy expensive insurance and property (among other things) NJ is great. And I don't think basing the insurance around graduating is such a bad thing, we need to be educated, and if you can't even get your high school education (which isn't that great to begin with) there’s a problem.
so you dont think that someone whos probably makin $150k a year,b/c they are educated and have a good job, is paying $1200 less a year than yourself and you both have a clean driving record, isnt a bad thing???

i think its wrong...and ive been driving for 11 years now and lived in philly all my life, not once have i been asked what my level of education was when i got a quote. closest thing they asked me was where i worked and for how long but i have been with the same company now for the last 5 years so maybe its changed in that time, i dunno.

basing what you pay for insurance on your level of education and occupation is wrong in my opinion...they have nothing to do with the way you drive...i dont care what "statistics" show. But again, this is just my personal feeling
Old 03-27-2007 | 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

My insurance at geico didn't raise much when I had it switched to NJ. But I haven't had a ticket since 1989, never had a wreck and I have a degree in basketweaving. BTW, I just called another number and was told I can use my NC drivers license. What sucks is that the registration on my DD expires on the 31st, but since it's not paid off I have to snail mail a forum to my leinholder, have them snail mail it back to NJ MVC and then wait for a telephone call from them to tell me I can come and register it. When I moved to other states I never had to do that. So my TA is about to become my DD for awhile until I get this phone call god knows when lol
Old 03-27-2007 | 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

My insurance at geico didn't raise much when I had it switched to NJ. But I haven't had a ticket since 1989, never had a wreck and I have a degree in basketweaving. BTW, I just called another number and was told I can use my NC drivers license. What sucks is that the registration on my DD expires on the 31st, but since it's not paid off I have to snail mail a forum to my leinholder, have them snail mail it back to NJ MVC and then wait for a telephone call from them to tell me I can come and register it. When I moved to other states I never had to do that. So my TA is about to become my DD for awhile until I get this phone call god knows when lol
I know what happened...you probably walked in there with your Cowboy cap on and they had to stick it to you....

glad you got it worked out.
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

yea lol..they got nervouse because they thought one of the village people were in the DMV.
Old 03-27-2007 | 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

yea lol..they got nervouse because they thought one of the village people were in the DMV.
Y-M-C-A
Old 03-27-2007 | 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Naw, I was in uniform and I have a southern accent and told her I had a Texas license. She was probably a Bush hater lol
Old 03-27-2007 | 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Naw, I was in uniform and I have a southern accent and told her I had a Texas license. She was probably a Bush hater lol
wouldnt suprise me
Old 03-27-2007 | 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Hey, what place did you go to for your registration?
I bought the vette from classic chevrolet on 38 so they took care of the temp tags/registration.
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Ahh, gotta love NJ. I've lived here my whole life and i take a little pride in the state as a whole. I think we have a lot more to offer than most states do. But when it comes to anything vehicle related, we might as well be CA part II. I once pitched a bitch at NJ Motor Vehicle for an inspection station failing me because of the SLP loud mouth exhaust. The guys working were complete ******** and i hope i got them fired. They had it coming. Apprently though, i wasn't the only one complaining. Anywho, I contacted the head of Motor Vehicle and i got a written apology and a phone call apology from the Head of NJ MV. I took it to a public inspection station under special circumstances and they passed me. The point is, anything to make your life a miserable hell with something so easy. Thats NJ for you. The same can be said about Rutgers University, but thats a different story.
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

NJ sucks *****, Im so glad i left there at the age of 18, I hate it there. I even hate visiting my family there.
Old 03-28-2007 | 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
I bought the vette from classic chevrolet on 38 so they took care of the temp tags/registration.
Ah, the Corvette Corner. I try not to look at it when I drive by cause I want a C5 so bad. Thought about selling my TA to get one, but I would get raped hard with all the money I have in it. I'm still thinking about it, though.
Old 03-28-2007 | 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ah, the Corvette Corner. I try not to look at it when I drive by cause I want a C5 so bad. Thought about selling my TA to get one, but I would get raped hard with all the money I have in it. I'm still thinking about it, though.
My mom bought all her vettes from there, she could never resist stopping there just about everytime she drove by, lol.
Old 03-28-2007 | 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
The same can be said about Rutgers University, but thats a different story.
Yea you ain't kidding...