Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

CT Pike crowd

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the parking lot behind BK was huge, and we could have kept a lot of cars there if people did not start being ******** and doing burn outs & doughnuts in the parking lot.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We need to find ourselves a place on the pike of our own, and make it a GM only lot, with mopars anf fords in the back.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Actually the parking lot behind BK was huge, and we could have kept a lot of cars there if people did not start being ******** and doing burn outs & doughnuts in the parking lot.
That parking lot would be great. But, there's always been a few people that like to ruin things on the Pike and it's not always the Ricers either.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Yeah, last time I was there it was an ******* in a big Deilse truck doing burnouts that brought unwanted police attention to the parking lot.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since there seems to be a good amount of people interested, why don’t a couple guys find a spot on the pike, talk to the manager/owner of the place and set up a LS1TECH.com meet there for Saturday nights. Have it welcome to any LSX powered vehicle, any year F body, or just any type of vehicle we support here on LS1TECH.com Make general rules and guidelines, a few people can volunteer to control the cars as to where they can park and make it a controlled environment, we can present that to the manager/owner and see if we can get the ball rolling...

I live about 35 min from the Pike, and I love going there. The only problem is I don’t know anyone down there nor does anyone in my town have an F Body I can go with so I only go a few times a year. I would love to start a meet so I can go up there every other weekend and meet some people. If anyone wants to really get something started then I’m down.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:39 AM

We went up with a group of 5 Camaro ss/z28's last time. Just from around here. It's about an hour drive for us. I would still like to see a once a month or something. I ran into lilsteph & cheff last time I was there.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 AM

all of you should really check out the CTFBA events (Conn F Body Association) we do shows, poker runs, picnics etc its a great group of people and ya will find large groups of f fbodies
Old 04-08-2007, 10:24 AM

Chef, you should try to set up a CTFBA event on the pike on a Saturday nite. Also, I can't log on to the CTFBA web site? My log in does not work for some reason. Can you help me out with that?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Chef, you should try to set up a CTFBA event on the pike on a Saturday nite. Also, I can't log on to the CTFBA web site? My log in does not work for some reason. Can you help me out with that?

Dave the site got hacked awhile ago and had to be totally redone you will need to re registar, you can still use your name and password ya just need to sign up new again
Old 04-08-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks, I'll try that.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there last night, mostly dead, BK was bout 1/3-1/2 full of cars, I came up and it was blocked off, no one I recognized and It was fuggin cold. I went home. Mostly I just wanted to drive the car

As for a take over, its stupid, just gonna cause trouble, there is plently to do there.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

the lot was blocked off LOL... I would ahve pulled in from the other side.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I live practically just down the road from the pike in Rocky Hill so I might head out there this weekend. So the BK thing is more of a car show? Is there a good spot we can just hang out and talk cars for a while then cruise around a bit. At car shows it seems like you are always blocked in and cant get out for a cruise when you want to.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Hit up BK sat. night, felt like fresh meat in a packed prison house there were so many mustangs.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

We went up Friday night, it was sorta dead, some cars were out. I got a couple of races, nothing huge. Waiting to go to the track this Saturday
Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Make sure you ya let me know about this saturday soon... I have one blank CD for my camcorder, but I'll get another one so I knwo I don't run out of time. ( not that I think you'll all make enough runs to fill a 30 monute CD.... but I'll get one anyway )

Who's gonna drive the camera guy up anyway? I'll bring a cooler with soda and stuff for whoever gives me a ride..... make it worth someone's time.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

I will be at the pike any weekend I don't have a show and the weather holds up. I would be interested to see if anyone could get an F-body or LSX show going. I tend to think LSX would get us more participants, but the idea of basing a car show around a type of engine instead of a type of car might turn off most managers to working with you / taking you seriously. Just a thought. Keep us posted and good luck.

Jay,
I am bringing my girlfriend with me Saturday, so I don't have an open seat. Aaron doesn't have anyone going that I know of, but don't quote me. Ron will probably bring his girlfriend if he goes and my mom and dad are definitely going (probably in the 04 GTO). Unfortunately, Craig's car is broken, so he will probably either have to find a ride or not go. I don't know of anyone else that knows we are all going. Do you know of anyone else that you can convince to join us?

Joe
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

JL, I'll give ya a ride up one weekend. Right now I wanna address that SES light first & finish up my interior. Also have about 300 more miles left of break in on the tranny. 500 miles should be good right? I've done like 250 so far since I got her back.
I was up their Fri. night as well, only action was a giant pepsi bin at Citgo got blown by the wind into my car (w/ custom paint mind you) & scuffed it. It's going through Citgo's insurance now I believe & it may get passed on to Pepsi. W/e they're paying for the damages so I'm not too too concerned but I think I scared the girl I brought down w/ me when she saw my "Something/somebody messed w/ my car" mood.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ya there should be a warning on our cars about that mood, to inform the passengers.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

I was very close to losing it at Citgo. They should have those bins better anchored so they don't slide like that with a gust of wind. It hit another car as well but he was just so pissed he drove off. There was no way I was gonna do the same so now I'm just waiting for Citgo to get the paperwork done. Then I'm gonna have my bodyshop write me up an estimate. It's prolly gonna be expensive 'cause to match the color w/ the metallic flake will be difficult.