Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

CT Pike crowd

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

don't worry that guy will be busy putting a motor in the car every 5000 miles, the hp/ci ratio on that is just so far out of the reliable realm it won't stay together, can't stay together for long. Another angle to look at it... with the $ he spent on that, think of what he could have built. I guarintee a solid 8 second american V8 car for sure. That car's not gonna run anywhere near an 8 second pass. I'd guess it will probably run in the high 9's, on the street too... but again, it's not gonna stay together.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a black Supra that was running down there last year, license plate "BOOST" I believe it was. someone told me that it's XX Tuning's shop car and makes 9xx wheel hp. I should be down sat. night after I get out of work, weather permitting that is.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, thats Al's supra, I have video of him and ChrisSVT when he had the while stock bottom end turbo car at the pike.net drag day, not a slow car at all.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
don't worry that guy will be busy putting a motor in the car every 5000 miles, the hp/ci ratio on that is just so far out of the reliable realm it won't stay together, can't stay together for long. Another angle to look at it... with the $ he spent on that, think of what he could have built. I guarintee a solid 8 second american V8 car for sure. That car's not gonna run anywhere near an 8 second pass. I'd guess it will probably run in the high 9's, on the street too... but again, it's not gonna stay together.
I will never understand why people try to get that much power out of small four cylinder engines. I can't imagine there is anything you could do that would enable the engine to withstand that kind of power for any length of time. Large V8s struggle to take that kind of abuse. Ever see that video of the 600hp Cobra racing a ZO6? It breaks a connecting rod and ***** half the bottom end and a gallon of oil out onto the highway. Why would anyone think a 2 liter four could handle that kind of power? Unless it's just a dyno queen and doesn't run full boost on the street.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Race your car!

I'm sure he's not running it at full steam all the time, the C16 woudl probably kill him.

There's a formula that kinda works like a universal reliability guage.. once you go past 2.5 hp/ci, you are into a realm where **** breaks on a very regular basis.. he's well into that realm with that car.

I've seen the 9xx rwhp supra, I wouldn't screw with that car it is all of 900 rw.. on the highway trying to race that with anything less then alfred's car is a waste.

But, I'd like to line up with that at the track once I have the nitrous in my car, it would be an intresting race I think
Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Formula413
I will never understand why people try to get that much power out of small four cylinder engines. I can't imagine there is anything you could do that would enable the engine to withstand that kind of power for any length of time. Large V8s struggle to take that kind of abuse. Ever see that video of the 600hp Cobra racing a ZO6? It breaks a connecting rod and ***** half the bottom end and a gallon of oil out onto the highway. Why would anyone think a 2 liter four could handle that kind of power? Unless it's just a dyno queen and doesn't run full boost on the street.

Gee if v8's have a hard time with it I guess no other engine can even consider it huh? How bout those 1000+whp supra's or skylines. The 4g63 engine in the evo's and dsms is tried and proven, ask shep who's been running 7's this season with his awd dsm, and brent who dipped into the 6's with his tube chassis rwd dsm. Also a few evo's have now dipped into the 8's this season and are only getting faster, AMS has done a nice job with a bunch of badass street evo's, nevermind their own race car, they practically have a proven formula now for 900+whp evo's they've put out so many of em but hell it's not a v8 it must all be a bad dream.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Gee if v8's have a hard time with it I guess no other engine can even consider it huh? How bout those 1000+whp supra's or skylines. The 4g63 engine in the evo's and dsms is tried and proven, ask shep who's been running 7's this season with his awd dsm, and brent who dipped into the 6's with his tube chassis rwd dsm. Also a few evo's have now dipped into the 8's this season and are only getting faster, AMS has done a nice job with a bunch of badass street evo's, nevermind their own race car, they practically have a proven formula now for 900+whp evo's they've put out so many of em but hell it's not a v8 it must all be a bad dream.
Fine, whatever, let's not derail the thread.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Formula413
Fine, whatever, let's not derail the thread.

Damn I wasn't expecting you to write that...lol...i apologize then.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

ugh I want to come down Sat. but the girl wants to do something else, may just say screw hanging out w/ you Sat., chill with her friday instead then hit the Pike Sat. as planned.

Pike is one of two things I refuse to let girls come in the way of...that & bodybuilding haha.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

I'll be down tonight in my Z w/ a buddy if anyone is going...look for me & say hey.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Race your car!

Went down last night with the BS machine and a few other guys.... not a bad crowd for this early. Cops were out, still people doing stupid stuff but that's the fun we get to watch.

I can't go tointe I have my niece and nephew over for the weekend.. I was lucky the wife let me out with them here once LOL. Plus being cinco-day-mayo there's gonna be too many drunk idiots out for this guy to want to take his car out anywhere.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

I second that, mine's staying in the garage tonight. damn, went WOT for the first time last night since the new built tranny & all I have to say is mother of God it pulls way harder. I figured 500 miles of babying her was enough for one nice pull.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Went to the pike lastnight, kind of a slow night, and holy **** too many cops,(accidents). Leaving though on 5-15, beat a supra at a 55 roll, and lost sight of my buddies Cobalt SS behind us . Other than that it kinda sucked. Where were you guys hanging out at??
Old 05-05-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be out once I get over my surgery and then get the new 12-bolt, driveshaft, and torque arm in (FINALLY ON THE WAY!!!). It figures that the nicest full week and weekend we have had in forever is the week I had to get this damn surgery done, so I can't drive for a full week or two. You know that as soon as I am better, it's going to rain for like 3 weeks straight. DAMN YOU HERNIAS!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Race your car!

I wa at d&d for a couple hours last night.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, i was there at like 11:30pm, must have missed you guys.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Race your car!

I wasn't there with my car... me and the BS machine rode down in my subarat.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Im bout to take out the slaab and put a boost controller on it.

Then something in me wants to take that extra manifold I have and buy a 50trim ebay turbo and throw that on there. I could have a very good good junk car to go very fast (for a box on wheels) for like 250$. And its still standard and fun to drive (with good mpg)

PS- JL I may need your expertise sometime this week.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Ok a few pictures.. for ya...

the supra..

I wanted to do some detailing on it as a trade but it was a no go.. too bad I would have made that B*tch look sick..

and from last night at the BK

and for the mustangs..

Old 05-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Launching!