Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Just got my dental implants put in

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
hey man, good for you. dumping money into cars is ******* stupid anyway. your mental well being is WAY more important. best wishes
for you maybe
Old 05-25-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Wanna talk about being confident, i didn't ask any girl out in high school because I figured they were all set right, so this hot chick i had a crush on in high school, she was the captain of the cheerleaders, i told her i had a crush on her the other day on my space lol but i never told her in high school, and i said i didnt ask you out because i knew you wouldn't of gone out with me anyways,

her reply

"Are you kidding! Not only are you adorable but you were one of the most popular guys in school. I definately would've gone out with you. "

Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

ok so now you have to say, "so seriously, when am i going down on you?"

lol, chicks dig that.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

cars are important to me because their fun but my teeth are more important. money well spent man.

thats why im at my dentist twice a yr.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you waiting for go lay the wood to that.
Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Wanna talk about being confident, i didn't ask any girl out in high school because I figured they were all set right, so this hot chick i had a crush on in high school, she was the captain of the cheerleaders, i told her i had a crush on her the other day on my space lol but i never told her in high school, and i said i didnt ask you out because i knew you wouldn't of gone out with me anyways,

her reply

"Are you kidding! Not only are you adorable but you were one of the most popular guys in school. I definately would've gone out with you. "

Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DropTopBird
Ah I feel your pain man. I had two implants put in and it sucked bad. MIne only cost a little over $2500 a tooth if I remember correctly. Theyll be in there for the rest of your life though so you never have to worry about them again. Feel better soon.
Actually, you have to clean around the implant posts like you do flossing with your regular teeth to avoid getting the new bone infected. Also, you must use soft brushes or soft plastic toothpics to avoid scratching the post & breaking the light seal the gums have on the metal.

I know this because this is what I was told by my dentist - and my own implant was done 6 years ago. Same story - fake tooth, 6 months, all out-of-pocket, and #8 tooth (upper front, right of center)

Anyhow, all of my procedures were straight local - no gas, no drugs. I remember feeling the drilling in my skull when they put the post in - felt kinda weird how I could "hear" the bit through my skull. They showed me an x-ray afterwards, and the post just missed entering my nose.

All in all, still worth it, and I can eat apples again.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are nuts. All things considering just pay the extra cash and be put under. Its a no brainer. I think it was like an extra 150/200 to go under money well spent.
Novacaine works great for cavities but, when somebody is drilling into bone and then having to stitch everything up at the end just go under.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mikep2002
What are you waiting for go lay the wood to that.

so i asked her "so why didnt any girl ever ask me out???? "

her reply

"I don't know about the other girls but I would've never even considered asking out a guy with your "status" as far as popularity went."

unfucking real, who knew that being popular could get you laid
Old 05-26-2007, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

ok listen, fine me on myspace, send me her profile, let me talk to her for you, hahahaha
Old 05-26-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
ok listen, fine me on myspace, send me her profile, let me talk to her for you, hahahaha

That's the fucked up part, she had a kid with my boy. So she's off limits. Can't break the code
Old 05-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikep2002
You guys are nuts. All things considering just pay the extra cash and be put under. Its a no brainer. I think it was like an extra 150/200 to go under money well spent.
Novacaine works great for cavities but, when somebody is drilling into bone and then having to stitch everything up at the end just go under.
The funny thing was, it didn't hurt much. Either I have a high pain threshhold, or it really isn't that bad. It's just the thought of it that was bad - and I had a TV over my head to distract me.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

You think you have confidence now?????? Try getting a ***** implant and see how much confidence you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Hey Bitch, I make John Holmes look like a school boy. Suck it. NOW!"