Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Trans swap [a4 -> m6] anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans swap [a4 -> m6] anyone?

Hey i'm looking for someone in the tristate area (NJ, DE, PA) that is interested in swapping tranny setups. I am currently an A4 and wanting to go to M6. i have alll build paperwork on the trans as it was rebuilt to handle power and i have a 3000 stall with documentation and B&m trans cooler. i'm looking for a straight up swap, + a clutch that wouldnt need replacing anytime soon or else swap + $ to buy a new clutch. trans has seen track once and dropped my times from 12.3 to a 12.01. since then i have built a new engine, installed it, and now i am working on swapping to an M6 to complete my car.

if you're interested please contact me asap.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandmasterCow
Hey i'm looking for someone in the tristate area (NJ, DE, PA) that is interested in swapping tranny setups. I am currently an A4 and wanting to go to M6. i have alll build paperwork on the trans as it was rebuilt to handle power and i have a 3000 stall with documentation and B&m trans cooler. i'm looking for a straight up swap, + a clutch that wouldnt need replacing anytime soon or else swap + $ to buy a new clutch. trans has seen track once and dropped my times from 12.3 to a 12.01. since then i have built a new engine, installed it, and now i am working on swapping to an M6 to complete my car.

if you're interested please contact me asap.
If your looking to drop track times you should keep it auto and do more mods to the engine.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
If your looking to drop track times you should keep it auto and do more mods to the engine.
true. i'm debating what i want to do. i had the car off road for 9 months while i built a new engine, got to drive it for three days now i think my tranny is having problems. its a stage 2 all built, track only once, yet its having some slipping and not shifting problems, even though tuning is properly done.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your building a car for the track stick w/ the auto. A built 4l60E is fine for low 11's high 10's. Any more than that a TH400 would be good. M6 is great for a street car, I guess it depends on your goals.

BTW GMHTP has an article this month on doing the A4-M6 swap.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info. i'm still deciding what i want to dio. i have a stg 2 4l60e but i just found out the vaccuum line for the modulator kit has melted so tomorrow im gonna fix it and see if it fixes the tranny.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

if you decide to do the swap give us a call, we are open mon-fri. 585-865-1832