Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Big props to Harris Speed Works

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Big props to Harris Speed Works

Just wanted to let everyone know my experience today at HSW was a very good one. The HSW crew did a great job installing the racetronix fuel pump, checking over my solenoids, and running the car on the dyno. I luckily had only one small leak from the AN line going to the nitrous solenoid, but the one thing I have to take care of is where the tach signal is picked up for the window switch. One run it kicked in at 4500rpms and when I sqeezed the splice together it hit right at 3000rpm. Minor stuff. The numbers fell a little below my goals but the car did well and no hiccups.

On another note, I will be having someone pick me up next time because I think I read every magazine they had in their office (A/C controlled with restroom thankfully). I'll post the dyno sheet tomorrow after I get some rest. The car ran fat (~10 A/F) but thats ok in my book since I rarely track the car and I just want to enjoy the little extra kick.

Previous dyno day at HSW - 380rwhp, 370rwtq
Today with juice (100 shot) - 466rwhp, 504rwtq

NA numbers were considerably off today to which there were no apparent reasons why. The correction factors were in place both days but I was down nearly 25rwhp...kinda odd but whatever. Time to hit the track!

-Brian
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Just wanted to let everyone know my experience today at HSW was a very good one. The HSW crew did a great job installing the racetronix fuel pump, checking over my solenoids, and running the car on the dyno. I luckily had only one small leak from the AN line going to the nitrous solenoid, but the one thing I have to take care of is where the tach signal is picked up for the window switch. One run it kicked in at 4500rpms and when I sqeezed the splice together it hit right at 3000rpm. Minor stuff. The numbers fell a little below my goals but the car did well and no hiccups.

On another note, I will be having someone pick me up next time because I think I read every magazine they had in their office (A/C controlled with restroom thankfully). I'll post the dyno sheet tomorrow after I get some rest. The car ran fat (~10 A/F) but thats ok in my book since I rarely track the car and I just want to enjoy the little extra kick.

Previous dyno day at HSW - 380rwhp, 370rwtq
Today with juice (100 shot) - 466rwhp, 504rwtq

NA numbers were considerably off today to which there were no apparent reasons why. The correction factors were in place both days but I was down nearly 25rwhp...kinda odd but whatever. Time to hit the track!

-Brian
ya know...i keep tryin to pursuade poppa Harris into getting a mini-bar and perhaps a wide screen with PS3 or something but he tells me its on the list of "things to do"...so we'll see...

i told you before but you've done a great job on your car...nicest LT1 ive seen. seeya around

Rick
Old 06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the compliments and Bob's SS looked sick. I love the simple and clean look but with well enough under the hood to open your eyes.

-brian
Old 06-09-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Rick,

I am looking for a good shop to do some of the work that I have planned for the car, such as suspension, bolt-ons etc. so I will probably be giving you a call. I am in South Jersey so you are a little far for me. Do you do gear upgrades in A4's?

John
Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stockerws6
Rick,

I am looking for a good shop to do some of the work that I have planned for the car, such as suspension, bolt-ons etc. so I will probably be giving you a call. I am in South Jersey so you are a little far for me. Do you do gear upgrades in A4's?

John
pm sent!!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Since PMs are going out.. nows a good opportunity. Can I get a quick price quote to put an LS7/LS2 clutch kit, LS1 pilot bearing, and replacing the master/slave on a '99 SS?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top Notch shop for sure!!. Nice job with your car also. My SS has been done for awhile and i can't wait to pick her up Monday night! I really love your car also! Nicest Lt1 TA vert I have seen!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Glad your picking up your ride soon! Thanks for the compliments. I've put a lot of work into the car and it's never ending...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Nice set of vehicles you have there btw. How do you decide which to mod next ?

-Brian
Old 06-10-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Well as for me picking the next mod I kinda have em planned out already. It's gonna come to a end soon though gotta save up for the new Camaro or C6