Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Moving to virgina

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to virgina

PCSing to Ft Belvoir, VA.

hey guys out in VA. Im moving to virginia in November wondering what the f-body scene is like out there anyone please post up thanks.

any info on emissions and stuff like that will be helpful thanks.
My car is coming from Hawaii, installing MS4 cam and heads, longtubes and magnaflow.

Last edited by g-ryde1; 06-14-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Northern Virginia (NOVA)! We have a pretty active FBody community. Check out the following link for local stuff: http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/forums/forum.php We have local meets the first Saturday of every month (even in the winter).

As far as emissions goes... it depends on where you have your car registered. The Belvoir area (I think it's Prince William County) has emissions tests and so do most other NOVA counties (so does the county directly south of Belvoir (Stafford County). But... if you live in Spotsylvania County (where I live) there's no emissions testing. I only get an OBDII and visual.... which I hope I can get around since I'm installing headers and an ORY within a couple weeks.

Anyway... look us up when you get here.

Marc
GySgt, USMC (ret.)
Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cool good stuff. i will check out the site man thanks. I'm scared of the winter not used to the white stuff that falls on the ground but i look forward to meetin all you guys
Old 06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It only snowed twice last year where there was any amount of snow worth mentioning. But... traffic is a bear around here, so you'll need to watch out for other drivers whether there's snow on the ground or not.

Good luck with the move.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ft. Belvoir is in fairfax county and has a ton of dick cops. Ffx county is notorious for them. For the most part they leave me alone as they are looking more for the rice burner crowd, but I have been ticketed before for no front plate. As for passing emissions, you'll need cat's. There is no way you'll pass without them. I barely did with my high flow cat's. So, I suggest getting some welded into an ORY or buying a catted Y. Other than that, we don't have sniffer tests, just hook up to an OBDII and as long as you're not throwing codes, you're good to go. I can show you the place that passed me most recently if you want. Just let me know.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Ft. Belvoir is in fairfax county and has a ton of dick cops. Ffx county is notorious for them. For the most part they leave me alone as they are looking more for the rice burner crowd, but I have been ticketed before for no front plate. As for passing emissions, you'll need cat's. There is no way you'll pass without them. I barely did with my high flow cat's. So, I suggest getting some welded into an ORY or buying a catted Y. Other than that, we don't have sniffer tests, just hook up to an OBDII and as long as you're not throwing codes, you're good to go. I can show you the place that passed me most recently if you want. Just let me know.
cool beans man ill keep you in mind when i get there.