Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex, that is great. Very nicely done.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

I don't see a problem with what Alex did, someone couldn't mind their own buisiness, so he didn't mind his. Its even more amusing when its a holier-than-thou hypocritical "follower".
i dont agree with what the girl did at all, but don't think every christian is as self-righteous and nosey as she was, she is a religious hipocrit and is sending the wrong image of christianity. just being the voice on the other side of this fence...... .........and she probably deserved what she got........
Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by z28convert
i dont agree with what the girl did at all, but don't think every christian is as self-righteous and nosey as she was, she is a religious hipocrit and is sending the wrong image of christianity. just being the voice on the other side of this fence...... .........and she probably deserved what she got........
Absolutely, I certainly know enough Christians (hell I was raised Catholic for 18 years) to know they're not all like that. Just like all Muslims aren't terrorists. But its always satisfying to point out the logical flaws of a loudmouth.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People should be able to believe whatever they want and just let it be..
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Alex,

I agree- she had no right to ask what you were reading with a pissy attitude- especially since her "moral compass" doesn't point to "true north"!

Gotta be careful.. she'll pull out a razor and give you "a buck fitty" (150 stitches when she slices your face open) and you will have a lifelong "kool-aid smile".

Best approach- ignore.
that is true, of she could have gotten her baby's daddy to do it...
Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

people should definatley mind their own damn business. she got what was coming to her. i'm glad you put her in her place.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Launching!

She didn't get what I think should be coming to her... a friggin hysterectomy.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
People should be able to believe whatever they want and just let it be..
I agree, and that includes whether to believe or even not to believe as well...faith is a very personal thing.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nicely done sir.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
that is true, of she could have gotten her baby's daddy to do it...
baby's daddy.. what an assinine term.. baby momma too.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. B
baby's daddy.. what an assinine term.. baby momma too.
dont hatez the playaz honkey!

Church is very big down here in NC and while I believe in God I do not goto Church. I don't think that makes me a bad person. I choose to live an honest life and I think I live a more honest life then many people who choose to sit in Church for two hours twice a week. I don't think that makes them any better then me, in fact I know it doesn't.

Having children out of wedlock is getting worse and worse, and its even more common down here....
Old 06-28-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

haha awesome!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kenny H
Church is very big down here in NC and while I believe in God I do not goto Church. I don't think that makes me a bad person. I choose to live an honest life and I think I live a more honest life then many people who choose to sit in Church for two hours twice a week. I don't think that makes them any better then me, in fact I know it doesn't.
And yet another twisted display of hypocrisy/contradiction that I'll never understand:

A murdering child molester in prison suddenly recognizes Jesus as his lord and savior, reads the bible, attends services in jail every chance he gets and he will now automatically be accepted into heaven and even more disturbingly, might even be accepted by other Christians as a good man.

A kind, generous atheist/agnostic can go his ENTIRE life without breaking one law (be it legal, ethical/moral or otherwise), not even jaywalking across the freakin' street, yet he's the real sinner that's going straight to hell?

This is now turning into a religious discussion and that is clearly frowned upon on this (and most other) boards so maybe we should just refrain from any further dialogue on the topic?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
This is now turning into a religious discussion and that is clearly frowned upon on this (and most other) boards so maybe we should just refrain from any further dialogue on the topic?
Agreed! This thread should have ended after my response on the first page.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DD966
That was fun??? Time to get a life my friend.
You have NO clue what it's like down there. I went to Rutgers Newark...a crack head will praise the lord and ask you for change and when you tell them no they tell you to go **** yourself etc. Oh and by the way it's pretty much a daily occurrence.

Last edited by ynkssws6; 06-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
You have NO clue what it's like down there. I went to Rutgers Newark...a crack head will praise the lord and ask you for change and when you tell them no they tell you to go **** yourself etc. Oh and by the way it's pretty much a daily occurrence.
I was in the navy for 10 years... I've seen the world. I've also lived in six different states and in 8 different cities (not to mention the countless cities I've visited). Believe me when I tell you that life is tough all over. I've learned to show compassion for those less fortunate than myself. Life is short my friend, there simply isn't enough time to spend it pissed off. Ignore the insults and move on... you'll be glad you did
Old 06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by DD966
Agreed! This thread should have ended after my response on the first page.
you mean the one where you told me to get a life, ie; that clearly showed you as a douche?

I think that was the least interesting comment on this entire thread.

10 years in the Navy, that is awesome, and I commend you for your years of service to this country and great sacrifice, I truly do. I was accepted to the USNA in 2001, but by my own stupidity, and because of a girl [who later dumped me] chose not to go, I am still debating going to Navy OCS. Having said that, your military service or residency record in no way gives your statements credence. You want to live and let live? Go right ahead.

I on the other hand have no compassion for those "less fortunate" ie; those siting on welfare or other forms of governmental subsidies, having children out of wedlock simply because they don't know what a prophylactic is or because Jesus opposes it. Or perhaps it is done consciously, to increase the amount of checks coming in every month? If she decided to poke her nose into my business, I decided to force her nose out of my business in my own way.

Marc,
People are to sensitive when it comes to religion, so as much as I love to argue the merits or lack there-of of theology, I will agree with you that keeping to the original posts satire should be the only way to continue this thread.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Marc,
People are to sensitive when it comes to religion, so as much as I love to argue the merits or lack there-of of theology, I will agree with you that keeping to the original posts satire should be the only way to continue this thread.
Agreed.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Haha nicely done.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Launching!

First of all, I put you around the same maturity level as the kid in the stroller. Now that that's out of the way, I may have skipped over it when I was reading my Bible, but I'm not totally sure where it says not to have sex before marriage. It tells us over and again not to practice "Sexual Immorality" which it kind of open ended. If someone can point out to me where it says not to have sex before marriage, I'll retract my statement.
Third, if a little kid can look at you and move you that much emotionally, then you may have other issues that need addressing.
I am trying to become a better Christian, it's a big deal to me. However, you have the right in this wonderful country to practice (or not to practice) whatever religion you wish. Had I seen you reading such a book, I might have asked for a minute of your time and attempted to have an educated conversation with you seeing from both sides. I'm not a door knocker that tries to change people's views. I have a hard enough time changing my own.
As for the murderer being saved and the Athiest dying, the murderer may go to Heaven, but his or her sins will still have to be accounted for. In our faith, it's the Athiests DENIAL of God that gets him or her in trouble.
Just my .02. You seem kind of an ***, but I'm sure you're a cool guy.