Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

An Interesting Social Experiment

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TATER
You seem kind of an ***, but I'm sure you're a cool guy.
Actually- Alex can be a thorny *****.. but he's intelligent and pretty cool once you get to know him a bit.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:04 AM
CARTEK Racing

First of all, I put you around the same maturity level as the kid in the stroller. Now that that's out of the way, I may have skipped over it when I was reading my Bible, but I'm not totally sure where it says not to have sex before marriage. It tells us over and again not to practice "Sexual Immorality" which it kind of open ended. If someone can point out to me where it says not to have sex before marriage, I'll retract my statement.
Third, if a little kid can look at you and move you that much emotionally, then you may have other issues that need addressing.
I am trying to become a better Christian, it's a big deal to me. However, you have the right in this wonderful country to practice (or not to practice) whatever religion you wish. Had I seen you reading such a book, I might have asked for a minute of your time and attempted to have an educated conversation with you seeing from both sides. I'm not a door knocker that tries to change people's views. I have a hard enough time changing my own.
As for the murderer being saved and the Athiest dying, the murderer may go to Heaven, but his or her sins will still have to be accounted for. In our faith, it's the Athiests DENIAL of God that gets him or her in trouble.
Just my .02. You seem kind of an ***, but I'm sure you're a cool guy.

A little kid? What is a little kid doing having little kids? This girl must have been about 25 or so.

You might have asked for a minute of my time and I would have graciously given it to you since you asked in a polite and educated manner. She on the other hand said that i was "going to hell" Something not very intelligent or very polite.

Thirdly, what if you are in DENIAL of the one true god as well? What if the one true god is Krishna, what if you are wrong in believing in Jesus [I'm guessing]. What if Allah is the one true god? What if Jesus was wrong and Yahweh is still the one and only god, and "though shalt have no other gods before" him? What is Buddah was the real messiah and we should all believe in him? Hell dude, what if all of those are wrong and we should still be bowing down to Zarathustra?

How do you know you are right and are not in denial of the one true god? Because your faith and a book written more then 200 years after the death of a man [of whom there is no archaeological record of] was thought to have existed. All I am saying, that that blind faith without proof is just that. But its not my job to convince you, you seem to be happy as a sheep looking for the staff of your shepherd to tell you where to go.

What if we are all wrong and we should still be worshiping Rah and Osiris?

Then we are all in denial and we are all going to hell.

See the paradox?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Actually- Alex can be a thorny *****.. but he's intelligent and pretty cool once you get to know him a bit.
I have been called a "vicious *****" by one of my closest friends...

LOL
Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

As for the murderer being saved and the Athiest dying, the murderer may go to Heaven, but his or her sins will still have to be accounted for. In our faith, it's the Athiests DENIAL of God that gets him or her in trouble.
Wow, that's convenient LOL.

And exactly what kind of trouble will the honest, law abiding citizen be in?
I take it you've been there and can justify your response with proof?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Thirdly, what if you are in DENIAL of the one true god as well? What if the one true god is Krishna, what if you are wrong in believing in Jesus [I'm guessing]. What if Allah is the one true god? What if Jesus was wrong and Yahweh is still the one and only god, and "though shalt have no other gods before" him? What is Buddah was the real messiah and we should all believe in him? Hell dude, what if all of those are wrong and we should still be bowing down to Zarathustra?
How do you know you are right and are not in denial of the one true god? Because your faith and a book written more then 200 years after the death of a man [of whom there is no archaeological record of] was thought to have existed.
A book now being read (and now quoted as factual evidence) by many in ENGLISH by the way.
Umm, as far as I know they didn't have English 2000 years ago LOL.
My point, though apparently wrong in the eyes of very many, is that this book (which I also do agree is very likely NOT all fiction or mythology) has been rewritten, reinterpreted, altered and reissued BY MAN in as many forms as those MEN who rewrote, reinterpreted, altered and reissued chose over the last two milleniums.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
A little kid? What is a little kid doing having little kids? This girl must have been about 25 or so.

You might have asked for a minute of my time and I would have graciously given it to you since you asked in a polite and educated manner. She on the other hand said that i was "going to hell" Something not very intelligent or very polite.
I guess I misread your post, I thought it was the kid that was staring at you. My bad.

I am of the opinion that God is God, and anyone who practices a faith is, in a sort, worshipping the same God.
I do not KNOW that I am right, and at times, I do feel in denial. Cold hard evidence is, in fact, hard to find and I myself at times wonder how a book such as the Bible can flow from book to book, chapter to chapter as easily as it does. Many Christians believe that every word in the Bible was dictated by God. I don't. I believe the Bible was written by man who needed to fill in some gaps, thereby making things up that sounded as if God WOULD HAVE said it.

How do you know you are right and are not in denial of the one true god? Because your faith and a book written more then 200 years after the death of a man [of whom there is no archaeological record of] was thought to have existed. All I am saying, that that blind faith without proof is just that.
But therein lies the beauty of religion: Faith.

But its not my job to convince you, you seem to be happy as a sheep looking for the staff of your shepherd to tell you where to go.
Sometimes I am happy, sometimes I am not. But I can assure you that I once felt the same way you do, and I am a better person now, I feel, because I no longer do. Humans are gifted with free will. The Shepherd does not point with his staff, He simply watches over me with it, as a shephard does his sheep.

What if we are all wrong and we should still be worshiping Rah and Osiris?
It's a chance I'm happy to take.

Then we are all in denial and we are all going to hell.
Guess we're screwed! lol
Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Wow, that's convenient LOL.

And exactly what kind of trouble will the honest, law abiding citizen be in?
I take it you've been there and can justify your response with proof?
First of all, Christianity, or any religion for that matter, is not convenient. Not believing in something is...

What kind of trouble? Well, God says we go to hell in that sense. To me, that's the bottom line. Although I do find it unfair, that's the way it is.
Proof? No, no poof. A preacher will throw the Bible at you and call it proof, but they are just words. A doctrine to live by, if you will. I'll prove to you that God exists when you prove the me He doesn't. Or... that the Illuminate exists... because that would be pretty cool lol.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

What kind of trouble? Well, God says we go to hell in that sense. To me, that's the bottom line. Although I do find it unfair, that's the way it is.
I guess that could just be the way it is...then again it could not be as well.

I'll prove to you that God exists when you prove the me He doesn't.
Exactly...and that's all I ask from people of all faiths (or from people of no faith), please extend to me the same courtesy about doubt, question and simply not believing as you would want extended back to you about believing.
It's true, one really cannot prove that God, absolute truth to the contents/origins of the bible or that even Jesus did not/do not exist, but on the flipside one cannot really prove otherwise either.
I have witnessed what appeared to be a few miracles in my day though so maybe.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Launching!

I appreiciate your thoughts, and I think you might see that I can appreciate your doubt as well. Please don't confuse me defending my stance with trying to change people. An ex girlfriend changed me, and I'm glad she did. If you are happy with the way your life is, then I applaud you and say no more. Isn't America great?