Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

(Feeler) TransAm WW Front Lip/After Market WS6 hood..

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Feeler) TransAm WW Front Lip/After Market WS6 hood..

I've decided to put the Stock TA hood back for a more Sleeper-ish look.. Seems people tend to ask less questions with it on, so i'm thinking about selling the WS9 hood i got from Roger(US Exotics).

Hood has never been painted, drove around with the black gel coat for a bit, but it's starting to wear away so it will need to be Painted. It's a WS6 style hood, with the firehawk heat extractors. Everyone seems to love it, but i forgot how clean the stock TA hood looks...

Pic I took over the winter.... The Hood IS NOT PAINTED!

600? (OBO)

I also have a WW Front Lip off a White TA. The car was wrecked and the paint suffered some damage, but the item itself has no cracks or rips. It will need to be painted, but again if i was going to add any body parts it'd go to the paint booth. There is no radiator air dam to go with it. I've talked to a few people, and they don't end up using them anyway due to the fact it catches everything. I'll have to take a pic of it but it's raining so it'll have to wait. I haven't seen one of these for sale in a while. 220 (OBO!)

I'm in no rush to move either one, so no lowball offers plz. I'm posting Local cause i really don't want to ship either one. However, if your willing to flip the bill, shipping may be arranged.

Last edited by Mssingkid; 07-05-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

FYI- WingsWest did not go out of business - you can still buy all of their kits, including the T/A Kit, and the individual pieces seperately, many places on the net...

And yes, the larger air deflector that comes with the front spoiler will catch on some items such as high speed bumps, but they include it with the spoiler for a reason - the car will run 10-20 degrees hotter without it. I have personal experience with this.

The old air dam will no longer extend far enough down below the front of the car to catch air and direct into radiator with the lower front spoiler installed (the air dam in the T/A is really only avenue of directing air over rad since there is no grille).

I tried getting away without installing and car ran too hot - and that was in PA where it's normally only in 70's or 80's...

Last edited by 1QUIKWS6; 07-05-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
FYI- WingsWest did not go out of business - you can still buy all of their kits, including the T/A Kit, and the individual pieces seperately, many places on the net...

And yes, the larger air deflector that comes with the front spoiler will catch on some items such as high speed bumps, but they include it with the spoiler for a reason - the car will run 10-20 degrees hotter without it. I have personal experience with this.

The old air dam will no longer extend far enough down below the front of the car to catch air and direct into radiator with the lower front spolier installed (the air dam in the T/A is really only avenue of directing sir over rad since there is no grille).

I tried getting away without installing and car ran too hot - and that was in PA where it's normally only in 70's or 80's...
Thanks for the info, last time i checked their page, they were restructuring after being purchased. I see that you can pick up the lip in certain spots, so i'm going to adjust the price.

I've got a few friends in the area that run the lip, and surprised you've ran into issues without using the lower dam, cause none of them run it. I was told with only a 160 thermo i'd be ok. I do see how without it, it could be an issue.

Quick Reply: (Feeler) TransAm WW Front Lip/After Market WS6 hood..