Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Have you seen this car??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Have you seen this car??

Some may remember...I had my last firebird totaled around December 15th of last year. From there I got insurance money and bought my most recent one... (and yes, they totaled it out) I haven't seen it since. It was in an auto body shop in New London CT named Padgett & Sons I believe, and I have been wondering where it may be now. Or what they even do with total loss vehicles. The insurance companies own the car now obviously but what happens to them?

Any way, here's pictures I took the day after the accident, just wondering if anyone has seen her since...it's worth a shot.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump .
Old 07-12-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

They usually get sold through salvage auctions. Sometimes they get fixed up, but on a 10+ year old cars that's not very likely. It was most likely sold to a salvage yard.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zger
They usually get sold through salvage auctions. Sometimes they get fixed up, but on a 10+ year old cars that's not very likely. It was most likely sold to a salvage yard.
****...now if I can only find out which salvage yard

Thanks for the post Zger, and the information!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm originally from new london and lived about 1 mile from padgetts.they used to buy insurance cars,fix them up, and sell them on there lot(buy here pay here type stuff).i'm sure if you called them they would tell you what they did with it.they were pretty nice guys. good luck
Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know my buddies 02 ss that was totaled ended up in Richmond VA at a salvage yard, then somewhere up in VT or CT, not sure. It is kinda sleezy how salvage yards work totaled cars. I mean they always get them dirt cheap then repair and sell. Most people will be told it is salvaged, by law they have to, but you know used car dealers. Anyway, after that we lost track of the SS, no idea what happened to her but the motor was a beast and was perfectly fine so I am it got parted out at some point.

Fry