Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

the infamous " saturn " vs lidded ls1 ws6, and 99 bolt on cobra programmed

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007 | 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
You definitely have the driver mod... very nice shifting.

You have a very quick car my friend. Ignore people like this other dude. You did more then hang with that LS1. Being neck and neck isn't hanging.

But saying that this is a Lid only LS1. A full bolton LS1 will probably put a hurten on you.
thanks alot sir appreciate that. i knew that 1/2 of this forum would go digging into the bag of excuses saying that it was in its weak spot :-/, 4th gear it would have beat me blah blah blah blah. IT HAD 2 LONG GEARS TO PULL ME AND DIDN'T. that roll was up to 105ish mph. we would have went faster but traffic was coming up. thanks again ill have a vid with a ls1 car with exhaust asap.
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

good race but exhaust ls1 will probably put a hurting on you but who cares,its just for fun
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nasty99SS
good race but exhaust ls1 will probably put a hurting on you but who cares,its just for fun
well see im pretty curious, i mean alot of people said that i would get beat up by a stock ls1 car bad. i confronted a kid last night with a full exhausted, lidded, cammed ls1 last night and he wouldn't do a pull with me, he wanted to only go from a dig with his auto 3500 stalled, drag radialed car lol. i admitted defeat. but ill have the video of a car with exhaust hopefully soon sir.
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

dAwG ThAt ViDeO wAs FoR sHnIzEl YoU bE BalLiNg MaYbE wE cAn HaNgOuT aNd WaTcH sOmE gAy **** AnD jErK eAcH oThEr OfF dAt WoUlD bE dOpeR dEn DrIvInG oUr SaTuRnS aNd I nEvEr CaN fInD aNy GuYs WhO cAn SuCk My ***** lIkE yOu CaN mAn JuSt CaLl Me AnD i WiLl *** oVeR aNd We CaN 69 wHiLe WoRkInG oN oUr CaRs DoNt WoRrY aBoUt ThE hAtErS tHeY jUsT bE jEaLoUs CaUsE yOu CaN sUcK mY dIcK bEtTeR tHeN tHeY cAn AnD yOu HaVe To SwAlLoW tHiS tImE rEmEmBeR yOu PrOmIsEd AnD wOrD uP iT aInT eAsY bEiNg A g So **** ThE hAtErS aNd LeTs SuCk SoMe MaN **** HeLlZ yEaH mY dIcK iS tHrEe InCheS hArD rIgHt NoW *** AnD pUt It In YoUr AnUs NoW.
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kenny H
dAwG ThAt ViDeO wAs FoR sHnIzEl YoU bE BalLiNg MaYbE wE cAn HaNgOuT aNd WaTcH sOmE gAy **** AnD jErK eAcH oThEr OfF dAt WoUlD bE dOpeR dEn DrIvInG oUr SaTuRnS aNd I nEvEr CaN fInD aNy GuYs WhO cAn SuCk My ***** lIkE yOu CaN mAn JuSt CaLl Me AnD i WiLl *** oVeR aNd We CaN 69 wHiLe WoRkInG oN oUr CaRs DoNt WoRrY aBoUt ThE hAtErS tHeY jUsT bE jEaLoUs CaUsE yOu CaN sUcK mY dIcK bEtTeR tHeN tHeY cAn AnD yOu HaVe To SwAlLoW tHiS tImE rEmEmBeR yOu PrOmIsEd AnD wOrD uP iT aInT eAsY bEiNg A g So **** ThE hAtErS aNd LeTs SuCk SoMe MaN **** HeLlZ yEaH mY dIcK iS tHrEe InCheS hArD rIgHt NoW *** AnD pUt It In YoUr AnUs NoW.
i would have just enjoyed if u told me my car sucks, or that i would get beat by a exhausted ls1....u make gay guys look straight.....not to mention how much time you probably spent making every other letter capital...loser
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

any car can be made to go fast. Ive seen a 4dr saturn with a turbo kit that was quick as hell............from a roll. Props for pulling the cobra but he was starting to comeback on you as the video ended. I could race you from a dig with my Banshee 4wheeler and leave you in the dust then shut it down as you start to catch up me and call that a race .What does it prove? Anyone can race to there advantage. A no BS race is to go from a dead stop to the top of 4th.When you can do that you won't get so much slack from people on here. I'm sure there are more mods you can do to squeeze more power out of your car so you can run with a lidded LS1 from a dig to the top of 4th
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
any car can be made to go fast. Ive seen a 4dr saturn with a turbo kit that was quick as hell............from a roll. Props for pulling the cobra but he was starting to comeback on you as the video ended. I could race you from a dig with my Banshee 4wheeler and leave you in the dust then shut it down as you start to catch up me and call that a race .What does it prove? Anyone can race to there advantage. A no BS race is to go from a dead stop to the top of 4th.When you can do that you won't get so much slack from people on here. I'm sure there are more mods you can do to squeeze more power out of your car so you can run with a lidded LS1 from a dig to the top of 4th
we shut down because of traffic, i just might have slammed on my breaks earlier, its not an excuse, its just wat might have happened. i can't really recall. and jeez i race from 40-105ish as well as the race with the ls1 car. thats a descent amount of time for a car to pass and or catch up to you.
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

your car seems to move out pretty good and those 2nd gear to 3rd gear races may impress the people at the local midnight to 3am hangout spot but you have a hard crew to impress on this forum. I would keep modding your car to win some respect. I'm sure if you did every different bolt on you could along with a meth kit and maybe some nos you could win over some people. I'm a fan of anything thats quick no matter what the car is. Keep modding your car and you will get there
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StAgE5rEdLiNe
we shut down because of traffic, i just might have slammed on my breaks earlier, its not an excuse, its just wat might have happened. i can't really recall. and jeez i race from 40-105ish as well as the race with the ls1 car. thats a descent amount of time for a car to pass and or catch up to you.
you race from 40-105 so thats a 0-65 mph pull. You wanna race my 4wheeler from a dig to 65mph? Do you see what I'm getting at?
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:04 AM
Teching In

your car seems to move out pretty good and those 2nd gear to 3rd gear races may impress the people at the local midnight to 3am hangout spot but you have a hard crew to impress on this forum. I would keep modding your car to win some respect. I'm sure if you did every different bolt on you could along with a meth kit and maybe some nos you could win over some people. I'm a fan of anything thats quick no matter what the car is. Keep modding your car and you will get there
well i had all the **** for it: cooling mist meth kit, weapon r 4-2-1 long tube SS header, HPTuners, aem wideband, fluidyne cobra h/e. the car would have been pretty nasty man. i just don;t wanna mod this car anymore. this car has a really weak transmission in it, and there is NO aftermarket tranny performance builders. the car is in the autotrader right now to be sold...im looking to buy an EVO.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StAgE5rEdLiNe
well i had all the **** for it: cooling mist meth kit, weapon r 4-2-1 long tube SS header, HPTuners, aem wideband, fluidyne cobra h/e. the car would have been pretty nasty man. i just don;t wanna mod this car anymore. this car has a really weak transmission in it, and there is NO aftermarket tranny performance builders. the car is in the autotrader right now to be sold...im looking to buy an EVO.
my buddy just brought a EVO MR for his 16yr son. It's a fun toy
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:06 AM
Teching In

you race from 40-105 so thats a 0-65 mph pull. You wanna race my 4wheeler from a dig to 65mph? Do you see what I'm getting at?
i see wat ur getting at...nonetheless, thats the race we did, thats the video u saw, nothing more we could do.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:08 AM
Teching In

my buddy just brought a EVO MR for his 16yr son. It's a fun toy
yea man, to me there the ultimate driving experience. then can do it all. my friends got a really badass 460awhp evo the hes selling im looking to pick that up. he rolled deat heat from 80mph roll lol with a c6 z06 on a lucky highway find, and the Z played with me. so hopefully ill be trolling these boards again looking to run aliwantSS =) cause she has made my stay at ls1tech, such a pleasureable 1 lol.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

youve got mods yes? run a car with mods (equal to yours) and be done with it. and also do at least one from a dig. blower whine sounds good. gotta get me some of that...
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00SS!
youve got mods yes? run a car with mods (equal to yours) and be done with it. and also do at least one from a dig. blower whine sounds good. gotta get me some of that...

You're saying he should run a supercharged LS1 just because his ION is supercharged????? BWAHAHH
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00SS!
yes ive got mods, but normally since my " mods " are bolted on to a " saturn " i normally get the " benefit of the doubt " when it comes to running either a evo with just intake, exhaust, flash or even a ls1 with a lid. no1 has ever came back towards me saying, "**** man u got all that ****, and im only this and that etc", know wat i mean.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

How about he just races a single power added fbody and be done with it. fbody sprays 50shot, he runs w/e he's got, he gets left in the dust /thread.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by apex1
You're saying he should run a supercharged LS1 just because his ION is supercharged????? BWAHAHH
theres something wrong with this guys thinking, my charger came STOCK. running a charged ls1 because my car is charged, is a poor way to compare " mods vs mods "
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Specialized
How about he just races a single power added fbody and be done with it. fbody sprays 50shot, he runs w/e he's got, he gets left in the dust /thread.
damn, comes off like some of these people are like worried that they couldn't bring out there mildly modded ls1 and not destroy me like they thought they would. now you gotta get all crazy telling me that maybe the ls1 car should use a shot against me hahah cmon man r u kidding me !!!
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

You're "stage 5" you've got all these mods. My car had like 4 things: QTP headers/SLP LID/LCAs/Ported TB. I would have raped your car.