Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

GTO...IRS...Slicks!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy0009
Thanks. I was wondering if you were on this board as well. The ET Streets kick *** man. Get a Spec 3 or 3+ in your car and you'll be hard hooking! Ha Ha I was hoping someone would say that about the driver mod, but the videos will hopefully tell a better story! I really need to go up with someone that can log my runs and have a better looksee at what's going on.

Don- if you see this, any interest with that??

yea after the cam im putting a spec 3+ in i think, hopefully that'll put me well into the 11's once some cold weather gets here. after looking at the video's id say the shifting could be a little better for sure, your leaving a few 10ths on the table without a doubt. the GMM really helps with shifting fast as it takes all the guess work out of the shifter, that and a repeat of that 1.6 short time and 11's are no problem for you.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ExTurbo
yea after the cam im putting a spec 3+ in i think, hopefully that'll put me well into the 11's once some cold weather gets here. after looking at the video's id say the shifting could be a little better for sure, your leaving a few 10ths on the table without a doubt. the GMM really helps with shifting fast as it takes all the guess work out of the shifter, that and a repeat of that 1.6 short time and 11's are no problem for you.
Yeah, right now I am shifting with the Billet Pro! I have awesome precise shifts Saturday with it! If it turns out that I don't like it, the GMM will be on order!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will run the car at the track if you waver any broken parts I know the car can run low to mid 11's.

Your just in the Brent class. I ran a 10.2 in his car and the fastest he went so far is 11.4 I think. Get mad at the car,never lift on the gas and hammer the clutch/shifter.That will be worth .5 and probly 8-10mph. I wouldn't blame the car yet.

As for gas,it can run almost anything since the 02's are not used.At the track I would recommend a couple of gallons of C-16 since I heard you were hot lapping the car.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Not really a fan of powershifts, I'd rather get the speed shifts down first! So in the end if I "need" to powershift I'll be able to do it quickly!
you kinda have to if ya want the best possible times
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Not totally blaming the car but I figured maybe the cat-back was choking it or maybe not enough air getting to the inner fender to keep the blower happy. I know I need the seat time and no I'd rather not have broken parts!

I did hot lap it once though within 6 minutes... unless 20-30 minutes is still considered hot lapping, then I did that too! LoL

I do drive it hard, I do drive it like it owes me money, but I guess I am just not "there" yet... more seat time it is!!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Not totally blaming the car but I figured maybe the cat-back was choking it or maybe not enough air getting to the inner fender to keep the blower happy. I know I need the seat time and no I'd rather not have broken parts!

I did hot lap it once though within 6 minutes... unless 20-30 minutes is still considered hot lapping, then I did that too! LoL

I do drive it hard, I do drive it like it owes me money, but I guess I am just not "there" yet... more seat time it is!!
thats it man more seat time as your getting better every pass as it is . thinking of hitting up a rental soon if your interested . so much easier to practice and get the seat time/pratice/feel for everyhting w/o being rushed or distracted by the car next to you
Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
thats it man more seat time as your getting better every pass as it is . thinking of hitting up a rental soon if your interested . so much easier to practice and get the seat time/pratice/feel for everyhting w/o being rushed or distracted by the car next to you
That would be the best thing Speedy could do Then we'll make with powershift that car
Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Yes I would be interested in a rental for sure! I have tried to sign up for two already at LVD with some GTO guys, but they were rained out and rescheduled for other days that I couldn't go and I haven't seen another one since!

I'd be sure to need a trailer and race fuel for that though, cause I'd surely be hot lapping it a few times!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Just remember this

DON'T LET OFF THE GAS
Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Speedy, you don't hot lap blower cars If you do,start saving for a motor now.

Sign up to a NED wed. track rental. Forget the GTG. You need practise with no one beside you.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw that you don't have a shift light either. That will deffinitely help with consistency as well as maximizing your et and mph. You might be shifting earlier than you think and leaving a lot of power on the table. I didn't realize this until I got my shiftlight. As an experiment, I set it to 6200 and ran, and then set it to 6700 and gained 0.4 and 4mph.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Speedy, you don't hot lap blower cars If you do,start saving for a motor now.

Sign up to a NED wed. track rental. Forget the GTG. You need practise with no one beside you.

Wed. is a tough day for a rental because of work, Friday would be better. What do you consider hot lapping a blower car, how long should I wait in between runs?

Alchemist- I was looking into shift lights last night so I will probably have one on order before I hit the track again!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

wed is the only rental day at NED
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Track rentals are youre best bet. Thats when you get your best times and you wont anyway because this time of the year it's too hot anyway so just go out there and have fun. Only on Wed as above post said. They were going to do fridays if it rained on Wed but not enough interest so they called it off. Ist rule of advise listen to Don.And thats the second and the third. Don ran a 10.2 I ran a 11.3. My best time as Don said was when I get mad at the car and dont give a s it about breaking anything. Keith right about seat time too, remember youve got another 150-200 HP to get used to. It takes me a long time to reach my goals and plenty of seat time but I always make it. One last thing Don's right about too dont hot lap. Let it rest for 30-60 mins, not just because of the motor but hot cars dont run as fast. Watch the rooks hotlap while youre waiting it out. You'll see em . they consistently run slower times each pass. Good luch and see ya out there.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Brent. I don't intend nor plan to hot lap it anymore, I figured the Methanol was keeping everything safe as long as the coolant and oil temps weren't crazy! Wed. track rentals would really depend on what time they are at. I can "finagle" some time at work, so it is a possibility depending on what times they run! Let me know fellas!

I am looking into under bumper air scoops right now to get better air to the blower intake. Cheap mod to eliminate the thought from my brain!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Teching In

1-5 on wed. track opens at 11. $103 for the privledge. I think if I remember correctly C16 is about $ 7 a gallon. If you come in at about 1/4 tank 3 gallons should do it. Cant wait for that first cool day in Sept.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brentc5R
1-5 on wed. track opens at 11. $103 for the privledge. I think if I remember correctly C16 is about $ 7 a gallon. If you come in at about 1/4 tank 3 gallons should do it. Cant wait for that first cool day in Sept.

Hmm on that note I can probably make one! Get out of work in the morning, take a nap, drive up early, race and get home... if possible take a nap and head back to work!! It would be a long *** day/night but certainly worth it! So let me know guys when these rentals are happening. Do you have to pre-register or is it just show up, pay and race type thing?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

will do!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:44 AM
11 Second Club

Default Launch and Burnout pics:

Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

hey speedy what is the PSI in your drag bags?

nice pics BTW i need to get a set of skinnies