Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

GTO...IRS...Slicks!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTurbo
hey speedy what is the PSI in your drag bags?

nice pics BTW i need to get a set of skinnies

I was running 17.5-18.5psi in the bags and 16.5psi in the tires on my fastest runs. All other runs were 20psi in the tires! I acutally have a deal to sell the stock wheels and slicks, to fund a set of 15x8 Prostars and new slicks for the rear... hopefully it will happen sooner than later!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey speedy I might be hitting the track soon too. I just ordered up a set of lower control arm relocation brackets to help with the wheel hop when launching. I really need to get a new set of M/Ts. Next time out I can almost bet that I will blow up the 10bolt. Iam gonna get real mad at the car.LOL. If it breaks oh freaking well. LOL

This 12.4 and 12.5 **** has to stop now. Along with the shitty 60' times.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Hey speedy I might be hitting the track soon too. I just ordered up a set of lower control arm relocation brackets to help with the wheel hop when launching. I really need to get a new set of M/Ts. Next time out I can almost bet that I will blow up the 10bolt. Iam gonna get real mad at the car.LOL. If it breaks oh freaking well. LOL

This 12.4 and 12.5 **** has to stop now. Along with the shitty 60' times.
Sounds good man. Go with the ET Streets and don't look back, unless you have to run them on the street. The softer sidewall will take some of the hit off the rear... or so they say!
Seat time, seat time, seat time. I am with you man, I know you only have a few passes in the SS. I have a few more, but only 10 with the new set-up! We need a track rental!!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah a rental would be great. Dont know if work or money will allow it though. Hope to get back to the track at least once this year.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Yeah a rental would be great. Dont know if work or money will allow it though. Hope to get back to the track at least once this year.
Just once more this year?? That's not nearly enough to gain seat time. Not to mention the cool weather of September and October haven't hit yet!

I have an idea.. Sell the baby bottle and just race the hell out of the car N/A for the rest of the season!! Yeah I went there...
At least that way there's less worry of exploding the 10 bolt too... so it's a win-win-win situation!