Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Lebanon Valley Dragway vs Atco?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lebanon Valley Dragway vs Atco?

Hello,

I'm about an hour closer to Lebanon than Atco.

Is there a big time difference between the two tracks?

The last time I ran my car, it was at Atco and it'd be nice to have a direct comparison. If the tracks aren't too far off, I'd rather go to Lebanon since it's closer.

Opinions?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your going to get a ton of different opinions but most are going to say Acto is better on ave by 2 tenths and at least 2mph

I say atco has "magic air", you just run faster there. On ave their DA is lower then LVD, the track prep is better and the crew s run quicker for the clean up.

But for us NJ traffic is terrible coming home.

Unless its a big race or im going for a personal best, then I go to LVD, its closer and a really nice drive.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Agreed from what I've heard about Atco. It pretty much has to be a bit better than LVD, because.....well......LVD just plain sucks . But it's the closest to us by far and that damn NY/NJ traffic kills us (CT). Since all my previous runs in my Z28 have been at LVD, I pretty much only plan on going there anytime soon so that I can compare previous track times and not have to guess at figuring in for a better/worse track.

I say give LVD a shot, but don't be disappointed when you don't do as well as you hoped, haha. That extra hour might be totally worth it. Let us know how it goes!

Wait, what about Englishtown? If LVD is one hour closer than Atco, then Etown should be about the same distance as LVD, and Etown is definitely better than LVD.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

everyone says there is a huge difference, and I can not say 100% that is the truth as I have not been to atco in a long time, nevermind with my car. If it is magicially .2 faster then lvd is, which I am not saying is the truth or not, then I'm looking foreward to a late fall trip to atco

I do know that the elevation is a good bit lower at atco, which I'm sure is probably alot of the reason it's a faster track.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd just go to Atco. With my old car I was running 2.5 tenths and 2 miles an hour faster over Maple Grove.

Quick Reply: Lebanon Valley Dragway vs Atco?