Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Does anyone have a cheap beater car for sale locally (North NJ)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a cheap beater car for sale locally (North NJ)?

Soon, I plan on buying a cheap beater car (how soon depends on when I find a good deal). It doesn't have to be pretty; I am just looking for a car that I can leave at the park and ride in the mornings.

My only two real criteria are:
1. Decent mechanical condition. I don't expect the car to be mint, but I also don't want to buy a money pit.
2. The car should be manual transmission. I STILL don't know how to drive a stick shift car, and this would be a good opportunity to practice.

Is anyone selling, or know someone who is selling?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im alil farther away, but I have a 01 Neon SE that I need to get rid of.... The car runs out great. Here is the info....

01 Dodge Neon SE
2.0 4cyl
5-spd Manual
Pewter Exterior
Dark Grey Interior
Manual Windows/Locks/Mirrors
AM/FM CD Player
4-Disc CD Changer

I bought this vehicle 2yrs ago from the dealership I work at, STARR MOTORS. Older man had it and traded it on a 300C, go figure. The vehicle has the **** gauges in it right now that read 49xxx miles on it. I have the original gauge cluster as well, it reads right around 119k.... I think. The body itself has 140k miles on it. 13 months ago I hydro locked the original motor and had my dealership install a new 2.0 4cyl in the car. The reason it hydro locked is because I have a cold air intake and went through some water and the intake sucked the water up into it.... The water wasnt more then about 6 or 7 inches high, but the intake is low. It right now as around 30k miles on it. I know its less, but just to be safe Im gonna say 30k. The car has not even 1 yr old tires on it. You can see in one of the pictures how much tread is left on one of them. They are all the same all the way around. The tires were rotated at every oil change. I also put the **** shift **** and dash trim in the car.... Just to change the interior alil. The only real performance mod I have is a Ebay Cold Air Intake.

The car blows cold AC. The heat works perfectly as well as the Defroster. The car comes with a factory 4-Disc CD Changer underneath the regular CD Player.... All works pefectly. Right now I am averaging anywhere from 36-38mpg and I drive from Newport News to Suffolk everyday. The best I ever saw out of it was right at 40mpg, but I was grandma driving it the whole time and it was strictly interstate at 60mph. This car gets great gas mileage.... A must, especially with the way gas prices are right now.

There are a few dings on the car, I mean it is a 01 and has over 140k miles on the body, so.... There is one minor whole in the bottom of the driver seat. I dont know how it got there, it was there when I bought it. You can see it in one of the pictures also. I clean the car practically every week. I have a car wash at my dealership so I use it all the time.

I am asking $3000 OBO....
I have title at my house so as soon as I get the money you get the title....
I live in Newport News, Virginia 23606....