Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Best and Worst Mechanic Shops in Southern PA / Northern MD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best and Worst Mechanic Shops in Southern PA / Northern MD

After having bad experiences with some shops locally just thought why not make a post.

So far for worst:

Faulkner Hanover, for claiming to replacer things they never did or that weren't even the real issue with the car (This has happened multiple timesw over the years)

Grandview Motors in Hanover - If you want your POS beater to pass inspection when it should fail, go to these guys. They care nothing for the work they do. Tried saying I need 3 new tires when I just bought new ones last month! Could't tell the difference between brakes that needed replaced ands brakes that didn't.

Now since those are some of the worst where are good places to take our cars? What are your experiences with local shops?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

If you are a car guy...I would strongly recommend Mark Knott@Champion chevrolet for anything Dealer related. They are "mod" friendly. Tell him Dennis Wheet w/ Air Flow Development sent you.

Thanks
Dennis
Old 10-27-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good topic, i often wondered the same thing...
Old 10-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont know how far you are from me but feel free to give me a call or stop bye if you ever need anything...
Old 11-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Tuner Shop in Westminster, MD.. Purchased my 02 WRX (Daily Driver) Had no oil in the car off the lot, battery flopped around not strapped, a/c didn't work, Lighting issues, headlight issues, tube from the turbo to the intercooler came loose & lost boost, Cuirse control worked until I took it back to have the lighting issues solved & now it doesn't. Best part check engine light was on when I purchased it, took it back twice for the same issue, they told me it could possibly aftermarket parts or a O2 sensor. Well, after having them work on it and not solve the issue I believed it was some kind of after market deal. Checked it out for myself about two weeks ago(a year later), wires were snapped to the O2 sensor! They couldn't figure that out at a performace shop! Took me 20 minutes to fix the problem! wow. what a shame. Lucky me they did work on most of the problems for free. But they never solved most of them.

Quick Reply: Best and Worst Mechanic Shops in Southern PA / Northern MD