Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

10.32 @ 132.35 Cartek Stock Bottom End Heads+cam

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Alex. Congrats on the new best man!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Way to go you ROWING ****
Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 AM
9 Second Club

Alex , Hit Atco tomorrow , 10.2's for you .
Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by STEALTH TURBO C5
Alex , Hit Atco tomorrow , 10.2's for you .
Still thinking about it, but with highs in the low 30's they might not even open.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:21 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Motor to motor bud! I can always put gas on my car too...
Go ahead!

Run what you brung and hope you brung enough!

You got too much motor for NA to NA.
I also weigh more, me and the car too.
Besides you know I am set up for the Juice!

So bring it!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Go ahead!

Run what you brung and hope you brung enough!

You got too much motor for NA to NA.
I also weigh more, me and the car too.
Besides you know I am set up for the Juice!

So bring it!
You can pill it till you kill it, you still won't beat me!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

You can pill it till you kill it, you still won't beat me!
Umm, my money is on the Z28 if he's shootin' it, especially in a best out of 3 type race.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

OOOP's I just started reading through and realized I didnt say Congratulations on the new best. Dont worry though you'll do better next time
Old 12-15-2007, 10:22 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Umm, my money is on the Z28 if he's shootin' it, especially in a best out of 3 type race.
Yea Thats Right...Us Z28 Hard Top Boyz stick together...uh hu....

Listen maybe when you becaome a loyal CARTEK customer like us, you will be able to hang with the Z's and get closer to the
Inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alex,

You aren't trying to pass your car as a head/cam car running those times are you?
If you are them u are full of it....It's on Cartek's site that strokers with the heads you have run 10.30's...And trying to say you are stock cubes? Come on cut the bull already. This BS is was done back when everyone was new to LS1's. But anyone that knows better knows you aren't telling the whole story, especially at that race weight!! What r u spinning your motor over 7,300 rpm? Thats about what u would have to do to get a stage 4 intake runner on stock cubes to turn on. This is exactlly why i would never buy Cartek heads...Even though they do good work..Cause too many of their customers lie and Cartek must condone it. BTW, you also claim u make 507 rwhp. and again on Carteks site quote STROKERS make 500+ rwhp.

Last edited by BlackNiteWS6; 01-10-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Alex,

You aren't trying to pass your car as a head/cam car running those times are you?
If you are them u are full of it....It's on Cartek's site that strokers with the heads you have run 10.30's...And trying to say you are stock cubes? Come on cut the bull already. This BS is was done back when everyone was new to LS1's. But anyone that knows better knows you aren't telling the whole story, especially at that race weight!! What r u spinning your motor over 7,300 rpm? Thats about what u would have to do to get a stage 4 intake runner on stock cubes to turn on. This is exactlly why i would never buy Cartek heads...Even though they do good work..Cause too many of their customers lie and Cartek must condone it.
I'd really be surprised if Alex is bullshitting about his current set-up, he's a good M6 driver.. Cartek Vette's have been ultra-competitive, and other cars have gone similar times from Cartek.. and TTP.. and Eastside.. and DEZ.

Nowadays high 10's are ho-hum and mid 9's are obtainable.

I'm sure others will chime in.. and I'm no Cartek cheerleader, but when they are due kudo's, you can't deny that.

My 2c.. 3c in Euro's
Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well... I can't believe I'm doing this Alex but here goes. First I'm not a fan of Cartek for personal reasons from over 5years ago only. I think every shop has its controversy and cars that run and cars that dont just like one car from the factory runs better then another. Driver is the biggest mod and Alex is definitely that. With safety equip and stiffening items on the car and the mild interior parts missing for the pass I believe the race weight Alex posts up. I did think that Alex had a LS6 bottom end re-ringed but i was surprised to realize its a LS1 not even a LS6. The dyno I believe would show a considerable amount of torque increase to be a stroker. The times are tough to believe even for me sometimes. Theres yet another Cartek car/Corvette running 10.35's at 132mph aswell being both of these cars do have similar setups and weight/gearing. It does take perfect weather, sea level or lower track, perfect driving, perfect track prep, and consistant passes to make runs like these happen. Most of us will have to work or take the kids to a ball game on that day when those things come together. Just my .02cents take it as you will.
Disclaimer: If it would ever come about that you do not have a stock bottom end Alex I will personally come down and treat you like a PROM DATE!!!!!

Love Bruce
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Driving is a main factor i agree...But look at the MPH. The car would have to weigh less than 3000lbs with a driver with only heads/cam. Besides Alex doesn't have a vette, Vette's are almost always lighter than f-bodies. But just read Cartek's web site on the 4x heads/cam package. It's simple physics. The 4x heads have to have atleast a 230cc intake runner or more. Which means it will have hardly any low end torque. To get a 10.3 in a 3,300lb @ 134mph the motor would need tons of RPM for the heads and cam to be effective, that's just common knowledge. Now cubes , 400+ cid with that package would make the right amount of torque to get 10.3's and the horsepower to run 134mph in a car weighing 3,300lbs. So he's NOT telling the truth. I've seen some MTI 427's having trouble making over 500rwhp, of course not all the time, but i've seen it. Anyone believing he's not running atleast a 408, or higher is being naive. Also the bottom end would need way over 7,000 rpm to make 507rwhp with that setup. And stock rods bolts would have stretched ages ago at that level. I like to know what his torque is? Again a 346 with large heads and cam wouldn't have a broad enough torque curve to run that ET. Unless it's got a power adder.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Anyone believing he's not running atleast a 408, or higher is being naive.
Bold Statement, for sure.

IIRC... Cartek once pulled a Vette Motor and stripped it down in front of another shops priciple owner, who had suspicions like you. Turned out it was just as advertised- no stroker.

Plus.. like I said.. Alex wouldn't bullshit.. plus if he had anything other than a 346 he would have bragged about it!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Does the car have a totally stock bottom end? No. It does have the factory LS1 crank, rods and pistons though. Alex's car is pretty ****** fast for a number of reasons. The driver weighs about a buck thirty soaking wet, he drives (and shifts) the hell out of the car and there was a whole lot of time and effort put into extracting every last horsepower out of the car. Also, mine-shaft Atco air, cold *** temps and awesome track prep played a part in it too. I don't find it that hard to believe. I'm not a cheer leader for any shop, but Cartek knows how to get a car down the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Talking Tell The Trueeeee

Just got home from a rainy but very productive Atco Rental day. The weather was sh*t all day. It was on the cool side, but the mist in the air and the 90% humidity was really annoying. I almost did not go because I thought it would be rained out. WOW that would have sucked! We did not start running until almost Noon, and by 3:30 it was raining on the far end of the track and we called it a day.

After a few runs to brake in the new Mickey Thompson's I let it all hang out!

Came off the clutch at 6500 RPM, saw the 1.43 60' and power-shifted the **** out of 2, 3 and 4. I knew it was a good run, and all I wanted for the end of the 2007 season was a 10.39. I flew down the return road, and since there was no other car fallowing me I saw the a 10.35 @ 132 in the rear view mirror. I started jumping in the car and being still belted into the car the whole thing started rocking back and forth like crazy!HOW MUNCH
N20 DOG......

When I got out this is the time slip that was handed to me!

Damn rear view mirrors making 2's look like 5's! LOL

I could not have been happier!

This is still with my original set of CARTEK 4X heads and Cam that were installed 2 years ago, still on the STOCK bottom end LS1 with 67K miles on it, still on the STOCK T56 transmission with 67K miles on it.

We tried to a 10.2x but with the rain coming so soon after [about 15min] we simply ran out of time. Oh well. Something to shoot for in the spring!

Now here's the "Academy Award Acceptance Speech"

I can't that CARTEK enough, I really can't. Thank you to Dave and Julio for spec'ing out a killer setup and tuning it to run so freakin' fast and still be perfectly streetable! Thank you Mike for porting the most killer set of 243 heads the world has ever seen! Thank you Rich and Roy for all your endless hours of labor, bent over the hood of my TA. Thank you guys so so so so much!

Thank you to Barry and QTP for making one freakin' sweeeeeet set of headers! Now get on that jig and make me a set of 1-7/8"! LOL

And Thank you to Madman for taking the time to talk to me on the phone and help me out with my suspention. I know I'm small potatos when it comes to the kind of cars he sets-up but he still took the time to go over some ideas to make the car consistant. When you car is bogging on a 6500rpm Launch, and you need to come out at 7000, you know the suspention is working. Thank you Brian!

If you guys want to go fast, call CARTEK, if you need an awesome set of headers, call Barry, and if you cant get your car to hook, Madman is Da-Man!

Thanks guys for reading my long *** post, but hell, how often do new bests like this happen!

Julian got it on Video, or so he says, I will post it up as soon as he gets it online.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
CARTEK Racing

BlackNiteWS6,

You're joking right?

If you are willing to pay for it, I would be willing to have CARTEK take off the heads and show you that its a factory short-block.

I don't even know where to begin with you bro.

The car is 3300lbs with me in it on the E-town scales. Sorry to burst your bubble. Not 3000lbs

The car has a stock bottom end plus ARP-Rod Bolts. Not a stroker.

I shift at 7000 not 7300rpm.

You're making a fool out of yourself. You should stop.

I think part of the confusion lies in the fact that A. you dont know what the hell you're talking about, and B. CARTEK has not updated their website in over 3 years, at that time the name "4X" was applied to stroker engines and components. Since then, it has been applied to stock bottom end sized ported heads. Yes the runner is around 230cc's and there's no reason why it would not work well with a stock cylinder bore and stroke, CARTEK has simply been able to spec out a cam that works well with those heads, plain and simple.

Like I said, if you want to pay for labor, fluids, gaskets and so on, I would be more then willing to pull my heads.

LOL

Thanks Bruce for filling me in to these shananagans
Old 01-10-2008, 09:06 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Bold Statement, for sure.

IIRC... Cartek once pulled a Vette Motor and stripped it down in front of another shops priciple owner, who had suspicions like you. Turned out it was just as advertised- no stroker.

Plus.. like I said.. Alex wouldn't bullshit.. plus if he had anything other than a 346 he would have bragged about it!

Yeah, and we are still waiting for that dinner... been like 4 years now! LOL

Hell, if I has a stroker, I would be running 9's and bragging about it for sure!

Thanks for the support Bob!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Zger
Does the car have a totally stock bottom end? No. It does have the factory LS1 crank, rods and pistons though. Alex's car is pretty ****** fast for a number of reasons. The driver weighs about a buck thirty soaking wet, he drives (and shifts) the hell out of the car and there was a whole lot of time and effort put into extracting every last horsepower out of the car. Also, mine-shaft Atco air, cold *** temps and awesome track prep played a part in it too. I don't find it that hard to believe. I'm not a cheer leader for any shop, but Cartek knows how to get a car down the 1/4 mile.
Thanks Zger,

air was good, but don't forget the day it ran 10.32 it was misting and rained 15min after the pass.

mineshaft air in the spring = 10.2!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shake it off Alex - if people call BS, you know you've done something right.

Quick Reply: 10.32 @ 132.35 Cartek Stock Bottom End Heads+cam