Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone have fun in the snow??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had nasty ice here. There's no playing in that crap!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Noyzee
haha, yea sure your just lazy. lol
no problem, the heavy chevy came threw lol

it took me like 10 extra minits to find your house cuz i came in some back way that i never went befor and got lost pretty good. lol
you have gps you homo....
Old 12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by ButtaballZ28
you have gps you homo....
i couldnt remember your addy.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've been chased a couple times on the quads. But seriously no cop is going to be able to wing any of the turns we are doing. Plus just like Noyzee said. I grew up around these parts as well, and no shortcuts and backways through most of this part of the city.

I've never heard of the snow emergency stuff. Makes sense that it could be true.

Tom B. how do you like that new chevy? I'm on Dieselplace. as well, and saw you on there. I've been looking at the '08 Chevy 3500, but don't want to deal with that DPF bullshit.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

The truck is awesome! It's the Chevy's cousin (CC, LB Sierra HD). The interior is layed out very well, 6 speed tranny with "paddle shift" is nice and I really like the more aggressive styling. The DPF was a pain in the azz for while. Now it's sitting in the corner of my garage. Much, much better now! The truck would regen alot with the Edge on level 3. I also got a "clean DPF filter now" message a few times while towing. Got sick of all that so I went with an MBPR turbo back exhaust for an '06-'07 along with the PPE Race programmer. No codes and good power.

Alot of people are having a problem with the DPF. Many of those are now in the corners of garages across America
Old 12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate the cold but since I am always bored in the winter so i picked this up, and that has swayed my opinion some already!!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny H
How does the EVO do in the snow? Have you raced that thing yet? Fun little cars....
Kenny with the summer tires on the car goes no where.... i got cought in some snow a few weeks ago with the car and it was a little scarey... you think awd and figure it should be good, but not with summer tires haha. as for the track, i went once when i just got the car and it was bone stock.. ran 13.8@100 but that was also in the middle of summer and i had never launched an awd car before... now it should be like a 12.7 car but i havent got back to the track since then
Old 12-19-2007, 07:40 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I hate the cold but since I am always bored in the winter so i picked this up, and that has swayed my opinion some already!!

nice rev!! is that on 06 or 077? what size? 600 sdi?

i love my Rev's
Old 12-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

I'm more of an Arctic Car person, but I'd take a Ski-doo.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

more sleet/ice here w/ some snow. Still made one run through on my whole plowing route so I made some good dough But I'm also the *** you'll all hate cuz I lay the salt thick on them lots lol Btw, anyone know of anybody selling a quad or even a sled for a decent price? Wanna pick one up.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice rev!! is that on 06 or 077? what size? 600 sdi?

i love my Rev's
I actually just bought it a couple days ago. It was an 06 left over. Its the 800HO adrenaline. Its my first sled and it feels scary fast!! My first mod is gonna be studs, I suppose just 96 to start with since anything more would void the warranty on the track. Actually my first mod is gonna be to take the 800 stickers off and throw some 600 stickers on it to be sneaky.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:39 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I actually just bought it a couple days ago. It was an 06 left over. Its the 800HO adrenaline. Its my first sled and it feels scary fast!! My first mod is gonna be studs, I suppose just 96 to start with since anything more would void the warranty on the track. Actually my first mod is gonna be to take the 800 stickers off and throw some 600 stickers on it to be sneaky.
Nice!!! I love the doo's, i have 2 of them.
Mine is an 800 ptek, 144 studs, mtech head, dynoport pipe/can, my own clutching, and much more

This is the sled i got for my girl. its an 07 Blizzard 600 sdi, Pipe/can, 120 studs, and my own clutching it goes pretty good.

If you want to take any advice from Noyzee, get the 1" tunnle protectors, and do Rotien studs hornets 1.180 TRUST ME!! they are the best studs. 96 in that 800 isnt going to cut it esp in the stock ski doo location, so when the warrenty is up, add the rest. but rotien are the best. (i know traction. lol)

also if you dont know clutching, call Bill Bickford and order a clutch kit from him, they are great. and last but not least the dynoport ceramic pipe with the clutching is HUGE!!!!! do those 2 together and you will pick up atleast 3-4 sleds and holly hell speed!!!! and you will not have to mess with jetting at all. the 06 came fat from the factory with the better needles so your good to go.
after that, mods start getting pricey. if you want, fill me in on how you ride and what conditions, and send me your clutch, i can set you right up.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by highlander316
more sleet/ice here w/ some snow. Still made one run through on my whole plowing route so I made some good dough But I'm also the *** you'll all hate cuz I lay the salt thick on them lots lol Btw, anyone know of anybody selling a quad or even a sled for a decent price? Wanna pick one up.
I have an '06 Honda 400EX that I've only riden about 5 times. I wouldn't mind selling it so it doesn't just take up space in the garage. I need to find a job that gives me time to myself once in awhile

Old 12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
8 second mod

nice3 quad tom.

hey, funny thing i forgot.

a couple months back my old man came home (he keeps his new boat in RI)
he said, hey, i was on my way home and saw a yellow Z06 convertable! wonder how they did that. i said it was yellow, big shinny wheels, yup yup,
i said, that must have been tom. lol
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Nice!!! I love the doo's, i have 2 of them.
Mine is an 800 ptek, 144 studs, mtech head, dynoport pipe/can, my own clutching, and much more

This is the sled i got for my girl. its an 07 Blizzard 600 sdi, Pipe/can, 120 studs, and my own clutching it goes pretty good.

If you want to take any advice from Noyzee, get the 1" tunnle protectors, and do Rotien studs hornets 1.180 TRUST ME!! they are the best studs. 96 in that 800 isnt going to cut it esp in the stock ski doo location, so when the warrenty is up, add the rest. but rotien are the best. (i know traction. lol)

also if you dont know clutching, call Bill Bickford and order a clutch kit from him, they are great. and last but not least the dynoport ceramic pipe with the clutching is HUGE!!!!! do those 2 together and you will pick up atleast 3-4 sleds and holly hell speed!!!! and you will not have to mess with jetting at all. the 06 came fat from the factory with the better needles so your good to go.
after that, mods start getting pricey. if you want, fill me in on how you ride and what conditions, and send me your clutch, i can set you right up.

I DEFINATLY agree with noyzee on this one..the rotein studs are the way to go..thats what we run in our sleds and they hook up! we run 192 in our storm and 240 in the XCR..but yeah i would listen to noyzee for your clutch set ups cause judging from the pics noyzee your sleds hook up about the same as mine haha..gotta love that front end coming up all the time!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JPblkSS
I DEFINATLY agree with noyzee on this one..the rotein studs are the way to go..thats what we run in our sleds and they hook up! we run 192 in our storm and 240 in the XCR..but yeah i would listen to noyzee for your clutch set ups cause judging from the pics noyzee your sleds hook up about the same as mine haha..gotta love that front end coming up all the time!
sounds like you got a couple race sleds!!

i run 144 rotein for trail running, when i ice race i run 72 rotein and 72 chissles

my sled will hang the ski's pretty good. lol i can usually ride em out 500-1,000 feet if i want, lol

we are leaving tommorow for the first trip of the year, cant wait

as for the clutching, i dont know much, but i know the doo's pretty good havent messed with any others tho
Old 12-20-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i run 144 rotein for trail running, when i ice race i run 72 rotein and 72 chissles

my sled will hang the ski's pretty good. lol i can usually ride em out 500-1,000 feet if i want, lol

as for the clutching, i dont know much, but i know the doo's pretty good havent messed with any others tho
Noyzee can you send me a link to a good place to buy the studs and which to get? Do you have any sound clips of your sled? I was thinking it mine could use some more volume so I am sure by next year I will be doing a clutch/pipe.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Thats awesome your headed out tomorrow..i wish i was..still waiting for snow here..my buddy just got back from Vermont last week and he said its awesome up there..they have 3 feet on the ground..our sleds are mosty drag sleds but we do trail ride em..just takes a little more effort haha but we do mainly grass drags but this year we might do a few ice drags so we will be switching over to chisels..our storm really pulls the skis and hangs em for a long way also..the xcr will yank them up but with the suspension it has it doesnt hang em to long..however that sled pulls so hard its unbelievable..yeah i know clutching for polaris and arctic cat but no much about the doo's..haha with our combined knowledge we make one good tech! haha have fun on your trip man and take a lot of pics!

Jared
Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 AM
8 second mod

Bigkap, where are you from?

as for the rotiens. call Bickfords sports center
1-603-736-9050

ask for bill or paula.
tell them you have an 800 121" and you want Rotein hornets for it.
they are 1.180 and be sure to order the tunnle protectors at the same time, but be sure to get the 1" ones, pretty sure they are the white ones.
either person will know exactly what you need, and they will ship the stuff to you.

i have no sound clips of it, i have a couple wheelie vids im waiting on my buddy to get loaded up, but thats all.

be very carefull with pipe/cans the wrong set ups will slow you down.

i have a dyno port on my 800 and it picked up huge. on my 600 i run an spi and it works very well.
however with cans, all they do is sound good. with any can you will loose power with the 800. i loose about 3 mph top end with my can, and i have tried a few and the dyno port looses the least.

if you only trail ride and you want it to sound good run a dynoport pipe and can get the ceramic coated tho, dont get the black ones. the can in the trails is nice because it saves a few pounds so just trails its good and sounds cool.
if you want the most performance run just the dynopport pipe and stock can.

JP, yup, im leaving in about 3-4 hours we will be riding tonight by 9!!! i cant wait.
i talked to a local up there and he said riding has not been this good in 10 years!!!! cant wait.

sounds like a couple bad *** sleds you have, what do they run 660?

you should bring them to back lake next weekend!! biggest ice raceing around!! stock sleds all the way to 400 hp yammi's!!! its sick.

a few of my buddys have full race sleds set up for 660 they all run about 102-104 on the ice and close to the same on the grass. pretty fast sleds.
all of them are ski doo rev's, 800 mods with twin pipes ect.

they run right with the triples tho.

i cant wait for next weekend to. they plow a track and ****. its sweet!!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Man your goin to have a blast up there noyzee..im from PA so where exactly is back lake? id love to bring them up but odds are ill be doing some family stuff that weekend..eh another time tho.

The storm i know will do about 103-104 depending on how good it hooks up..and how it decides to run that day as you prob know those storms were kinda a PIA to keep running the same..the XCR is faster tho..it is actually my cousins sled and he hasnt had a chance to run it out to 660 yet..we have only done a small 300 ft grass drag here with it..however it will put about 3-4 sled lengths on the storm if that gives you any idea.

I REALLY wish i was leaving to head up north and be riding by 9 tonight..but at 9 tonight ill prob be ice skating...ah its not the same who am i kidding...haha have fun man

Quick Reply: Anyone have fun in the snow??