Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone have fun in the snow??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back lake is in norther NH, it is home of some of the best lake racing around. tons of stuff. real good times, its about 4 hours from me. we are booked next week, friday till tuesday, its damn good times!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

Here's my fun!!!!! 570cc of snow pounding, one gear, 100MPH go go going.

She's a little dirty as you can see.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Bigkap, where are you from?

as for the rotiens. call Bickfords sports center
1-603-736-9050

ask for bill or paula.
tell them you have an 800 121" and you want Rotein hornets for it.
they are 1.180 and be sure to order the tunnle protectors at the same time, but be sure to get the 1" ones, pretty sure they are the white ones.
either person will know exactly what you need, and they will ship the stuff to you.

i have no sound clips of it, i have a couple wheelie vids im waiting on my buddy to get loaded up, but thats all.

be very carefull with pipe/cans the wrong set ups will slow you down.

i have a dyno port on my 800 and it picked up huge. on my 600 i run an spi and it works very well.
however with cans, all they do is sound good. with any can you will loose power with the 800. i loose about 3 mph top end with my can, and i have tried a few and the dyno port looses the least.

if you only trail ride and you want it to sound good run a dynoport pipe and can get the ceramic coated tho, dont get the black ones. the can in the trails is nice because it saves a few pounds so just trails its good and sounds cool.
if you want the most performance run just the dynopport pipe and stock can.

JP, yup, im leaving in about 3-4 hours we will be riding tonight by 9!!! i cant wait.
i talked to a local up there and he said riding has not been this good in 10 years!!!! cant wait.

sounds like a couple bad *** sleds you have, what do they run 660?

you should bring them to back lake next weekend!! biggest ice raceing around!! stock sleds all the way to 400 hp yammi's!!! its sick.

a few of my buddys have full race sleds set up for 660 they all run about 102-104 on the ice and close to the same on the grass. pretty fast sleds.
all of them are ski doo rev's, 800 mods with twin pipes ect.

they run right with the triples tho.

i cant wait for next weekend to. they plow a track and ****. its sweet!!
Well I went ahead and got 96 Roetin Hornets and the plastic backers. I also bought some shock covers and the 1" tunnel protectors.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ButtaballZ28
*** plow my ***

Butta's that is the grossest thing I have ever heard you say! You are a sick sick ****!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Thats the Noyzee sled killer right there
Old 12-25-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jokeman

Thats the Noyzee sled killer right there
Nice sled! I considered buying a used F7 before I bought mine, it ran really good but in general I wasn't as comfortable on it as the Doo. From the other research I have done most say the F7's are generally a better drag sled but not as good in the trails... I do know that my buddies with the F7s are already harassing me and telling me how much faster their sleds are then mine, I don't really care if that is the case because I'm just happy I have a sled now. I tell ya what tho, those orange/red F7's are some nasty looking sleds!!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Whip
Butta's that is the grossest thing I have ever heard you say! You are a sick sick ****!
your gay
Old 12-25-2007, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
Nice sled! I considered buying a used F7 before I bought mine, it ran really good but in general I wasn't as comfortable on it as the Doo. From the other research I have done most say the F7's are generally a better drag sled but not as good in the trails... I do know that my buddies with the F7s are already harassing me and telling me how much faster their sleds are then mine, I don't really care if that is the case because I'm just happy I have a sled now. I tell ya what tho, those orange/red F7's are some nasty looking sleds!!
Thanks. I don't think it will be as fast as Noyzee's sled, but I don't much care as long as Im out ripping the trails.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:40 AM
8 second mod

good deal on the rotiens, you will be happy with them, they are a great stud.

joke, nice pic man, looks like fun. we did a little over 300 miles this weekend and cant wait for this coming long 4 day weekend trip up north!!!

the cat is a better race sled stock for stock, the doo is a bit better in the trails, but if you want the best of both worlds, i can set you up.

clutching, pipe, and gearing done the right way and that thing will handle just about any cat you bump into. even slightly modified ones.

one more thing, you said you got the protectors, dont forget the only way to get the old ones out and new ones in is to drill out the rivits from the snow flap so you will need the rivits to put it back together.
i personally just got nice stainless bolts and washers inplace of rivits, but either way you will need those as well.
once your warenty is up, let me know i will send you a a pattern that you can use to add to the stock pattern that will help you hook up big time!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good deal on the rotiens, you will be happy with them, they are a great stud.

joke, nice pic man, looks like fun. we did a little over 300 miles this weekend and cant wait for this coming long 4 day weekend trip up north!!!

the cat is a better race sled stock for stock, the doo is a bit better in the trails, but if you want the best of both worlds, i can set you up.

clutching, pipe, and gearing done the right way and that thing will handle just about any cat you bump into. even slightly modified ones.

one more thing, you said you got the protectors, dont forget the only way to get the old ones out and new ones in is to drill out the rivits from the snow flap so you will need the rivits to put it back together.
i personally just got nice stainless bolts and washers inplace of rivits, but either way you will need those as well.
once your warenty is up, let me know i will send you a a pattern that you can use to add to the stock pattern that will help you hook up big time!!
Sounds good man. I am gonna run it this season with the 96, and as soon as the season is up I am gonna start the mods and additional studs over the summer. Do you happen to know how large of a bar riser I can run without changing the throttle/brake cables? Look for a PM this spring and I'll get that pattern from you as well as talk to you about setting my clutch up.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
8 second mod

cool, just let me know. if you want me to do the clutching or what not, just let me know you can pull it off and ship it to me i will do it up for you.

as for risers, i forget what bars your sled comes with, but i im pretty sure it has the new post on it, if it does, you can go4" without an issue at all. 6" you will need to just give the lines a little tug. 7" you can rerout the wires around your oil tank ect and make it happen. after that you need extentions.

i run a 6" on my girls sled its a ski doo one. i run a 6" fly on mine and its about 1/2" taller then the ski doo one.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

I just got back from a week in Vermont snowmobiling. We have a '98 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI LE, and a '99 Arctic Cat ZL 500 EFI. I ride the 500,,,and i have a helmet camera on my helmet. Here are some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhXFT3fzHbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxgovFQKMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br9Ft5b2aBI
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Monte83, that looks like fun! We finally got about 8-10 inches so I got to do some riding. The only problem is that it hasn't been cold enough for the ground to freeze, it makes for some wet spots and open water along the trails. We put about 130 miles on mon-tues, but I returned home with a broken wrist. Other then that, it was a blast!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Monte83
I just got back from a week in Vermont snowmobiling. We have a '98 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI LE, and a '99 Arctic Cat ZL 500 EFI. I ride the 500,,,and i have a helmet camera on my helmet. Here are some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhXFT3fzHbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxgovFQKMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br9Ft5b2aBI
My girlfriend rides a 99 ZL600 efi. Quick little sled. Scared the crap outta myself on it one day cause all it wanted to do was lift the skis.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Monte83
I didn't watch all of your videos, but I had a white ZR600EFI LE that I bought new in 98. Awesome sled, I never had any problems with it. Heck, after the first winter I rode it, Arctic Cat was nice enough to have a recall and replace the jugs at no charge!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
8 second mod

Just got home from 4 days in Pittsburg, did another 400 or so miles, unreal, the conditions are just incredible. leave friday again to head up to rangeley.

how did you break your wrist??
Old 01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jokeman
My girlfriend rides a 99 ZL600 efi. Quick little sled. Scared the crap outta myself on it one day cause all it wanted to do was lift the skis.
My 500 will beat the 600. I don't know why, but I'm fine with it.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got home from 4 days in Pittsburg, did another 400 or so miles, unreal, the conditions are just incredible. leave friday again to head up to rangeley.

how did you break your wrist??
LOL I jumped the sled and lost my grip with my left hand on the landing. Twisted my hand between bar and brake lever! The last 25-30 miles I had to ride like that. Hopefully I won't miss the rest of the season as I am anxious to get out and ride again.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
8 second mod

That sucks, its always somthing

Quick Reply: Anyone have fun in the snow??