Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New York Giants... SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

brady played awful.... even when he wasnt getting hit he overthrew so many recievers... the offenssive line blew... the pats could never establish the running game... it was a defensive game... pats defensive played well, but the giants defense played better, ecspecially when it counted unlike the pats
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEA GIANTS!!!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
WHAT'S THE MATTER BRADY? NO GOOD WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD PAIR OF DEFENSIVE ENDS PUTTING SOME PRESSURE ON YOU?
AND EVERYONE LAUGHED WHEN PLAXICO CALLED 24-17. THE GIANTS HELD THEM TO 14 POINTS INSTEAD.
DAVID TYREE IS MY HERO!!!
GO GIANTS!!!!! SUPER BOWL XLII CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

PS. where is smoke20? he seemed to be talking plenty of trash before the game.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:21 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't wait for all the nay-sayers to start babbling about how the better team didn't win... BULLSH!T!!!!!!!!!!!

The better team did win. The better team is the one that steps up, and plays their best game when it matters and it's not like the Pats had one off game. Both of their playoff games looked crappy. They peaked at weeks 6-10, and have been on a slide since then.

The Giants stepped up, played their best game throughout the playoffs, and came out on top. Close games or not, they won, 3 times on the road to get to the superbowl, and then at the superbowl against the self proclaimed greatest team ever.

The pats should have focused on winning first before they worried about trademarking 19-0 and perfect season.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaroz
The Giant's didn't even deserve to be in the Superbowl this year in my opinion.
They Beat the Cowboys in Dallas

They Beat the Packers in Green Bay

And they beat the 18-0 undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl...

No team deserved it more than the Giants.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
Did you notice what sore losers the pats where. They left the field be for the game was over. Would not even shake hands with the giants after the game was over. What a bunch of poor sports.

I didn't like them be for this game. Now I will never give them any respect. They are a bunch of cheaters and sore losers. Put the big L on the forehead Mr Brady
the last three times they have played the colts... (two of them i have been there) they have done the same thing....Belichick pushed dungy out of the way instead of shaking his hand in the championship game last year when the colts went to the superbowl....and there is no love between Brady and Manning (both of them) for that matter....poor losers and poor sports....
WAY TO GO GIANTS!!! THEN BEST SUPER BOWL I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I can't wait for all the nay-sayers to start babbling about how the better team didn't win... BULLSH!T!!!!!!!!!!!

The better team did win. The better team is the one that steps up, and plays their best game when it matters and it's not like the Pats had one off game. Both of their playoff games looked crappy. They peaked at weeks 6-10, and have been on a slide since then.

The Giants stepped up, played their best game throughout the playoffs, and came out on top. Close games or not, they won, 3 times on the road to get to the superbowl, and then at the superbowl against the self proclaimed greatest team ever.

The pats should have focused on winning first before they worried about trademarking 19-0 and perfect season.

couldnt have said it any better myself!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

What a great win! What a great game!

Man I haven't been this amped about one of my teams since the Yank's first one of the run in '96. And to do it against an undefeated team. Wow, just wow.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

How many times did we hear "This is different. It's the Super Bowl. Eli's knees are gonna be knocking and Brady's gonna be cool as a cucumber." There are no excuses you could pull out hear. As Nautilus stated, the Giants couldn't have played in more difficult situations and they came to play every week, beating the three of the four best teams in the league three postseason games in a row. I couldn't be more proud.
Great day to be a Giants fan. This was probably the best game any of us will ever see.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

I'm glad I hate football! That way I don't give a ****!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A few thoughts after the fact.
1: The Giants were 11-0 away from home. Hard to beat a team performing like that.
2: The Pats EXPECTED to win. Wrong attitude ALWAYS.
3: It doesnt take long for teams to figure out another team. you could see it happening the last few games of the season for the Pats.
4: Eli has been performing pretty well for a while. Just needed to get his receivers on the same page. Imagine what he could do with the Pats receiving corps.
5: Take that Tikki!!!!! Talk about an arrogant little ****!!! I heard him on his post game show a few months back refer to himself as an "elite" running back. HA!!! No title, no records, no nuthin. Good luck getting into the HOF!!!!
Anyways, cant stand Billicheat. Cant stand Brady. Cant stand their whole freegin team. They will forever carry with them the humility of the only 18-1 team to NOT win a SB. Serves them right. I hope this is the beginning of the end of their reign.
Oh yeah, BTW, Moss doesnt deserve a title either. Pisses me off that a guy like that owns what was Jerry Rices record. Jerry Rice was/is a class act. Cant say the same for Moss.
Ya gotta hand it to the G-mens front four. The continually got to Brady without the blitz. They onl blitzed about 1/2 the time, if that. I think it was 40 some % of their plays, that they blitzed. Pretty freegin amazing.
Strahan deserved it. Eli deserved it.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

that was the best superbowl i can remember. close game, hard fought, in doubt to the last possession. i was somewhat hoping to see history, but to see such a great game made me not care at all.

to all the eli haters, how about it now?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Launching!

giants Rule!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

18 and doh!
Here we go Giants....
Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Man, You guys are some "sore winners" haha. The Pat's played like ****, If they were ontop of there game they would have crushed the Giants. The Giant's didn't even deserve to be in the Superbowl this year in my opinion. Oh and everyone saying there overrated they still went 18-1

Before everyone tries to cut me down... The Giants did deserve this win they were the better team this game, But the Pat's played a far better season and I think that says ALOT more
History recalls the winners, not "who lost"
I do think that people will know who lost this one
Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
Did you notice what sore losers the pats where. They left the field be for the game was over. Would not even shake hands with the giants after the game was over. What a bunch of poor sports.

I didn't like them be for this game. Now I will never give them any respect. They are a bunch of cheaters and sore losers. Put the big L on the forehead Mr Brady
Aint that the truth. they thought they were the **** and there cheating finally caught up to them. The pats got a slap on the wrist by the NFL but the gaints gave them the punishment they deserved. I think I was more excited with this win then when my steelers won the super bowl 2 years ago.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So glad those *** *** Pats lost! All those regular season records and wins mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHEN YOU LOSE THE BIG GAME!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
So glad those *** *** Pats lost! All those regular season records and wins mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHEN YOU LOSE THE BIG GAME!
Bullshit! Yes they lost and the Giants outplayed them. But they broke more records in one season than any team in the history of the game! The Pats are a good team. You CAN'T win 18 games by luck. You are all seem to forget that.

I am a proud PATS fan! They should have won that game, but they didn't. Eli is a *** under his big brothers shadow. Lets see what happens next year. The Pat's did it three times. As a matter of fact Brady did it three times. More than MOST other QB's. What do you have to say about that??
Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

don't mind cjdz24 he is still buthurt from the reaming the Pats gave the chargers
Old 02-05-2008, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by theloanman219
Bullshit! Yes they lost and the Giants outplayed them. But they broke more records in one season than any team in the history of the game! The Pats are a good team. You CAN'T win 18 games by luck. You are all seem to forget that.

I am a proud PATS fan! They should have won that game, but they didn't. Eli is a *** under his big brothers shadow. Lets see what happens next year. The Pat's did it three times. As a matter of fact Brady did it three times. More than MOST other QB's. What do you have to say about that??
Oh and it begins already. They should have won the game? Why? Because they were pompous and had everyone verbally licking their nuts all season?
No one's ever gonna say the 07 Pats weren't a great team but the Giants were better in the postseason. I got sick of hearing about how Eli's gonna choke and Brady is calm and collected and infallible in the Super Bowl.
How can you say that Eli is in his brother's shadow when he just won the Super Bowl MVP against probably the most ruthless team to step onto the field? Stop trying to detract from their accomplishment by talking about next year or about how Brady has a bigger ***** than Eli. It's just gonna make you sound like more of a sore loser.
The Giants could not have done anything more to prove that they deserved this title.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by theloanman219

The Pats are a great team. They had an incredible run this year. All of the records they set is incredible. I thought Brady was good at the press conference after the game. He gave the G-Men props. Belicheck could have stayed on the field until the game ended, but he gave Coughlin a hug.