9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should want to do it for the sake of punishing him for not getting a bar
Old 08-17-2008, 05:17 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
you guys kill me LOL.

So who's gonna make it worth my while to show up to the last race so anonymous doesn't make the field
It'll be ok, I'll be in the race so he definately won't make it anyway!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

LOL. We'll see. I'm taking a break so some other stuff in life can get done, car's been too much a priority for a while, time to get some other things done.

But, maybe one last run with it before this setup comes apart will be in order. I'd almost like to wick a couple degrees of timing into it and see what it can do, not that the result will matter.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

To bring this back from the dead...I found Etowns noise policy

In an effort to go above and beyond New Jersey State Law and local ordinances, Raceway Park will continue noise regulations for both of Raceway Park's muffled racing nights, Friday and Saturday. They are the following:
All race vehicles competing at Raceway Park during muffled street events will be required to be "Street Muffled". For cars-All exhaust units must extend past the rear seam of the driver/passenger door jambs (Bullet or Collector mufflers will not be permitted to run). The more exhaust pipe after the muffler the better. Turndowns are also recommended. All mufflers must be a baffled type with 2 or 3 baffles recommended. Street mufflers are also required on Motorcycles, these will be judged on an individual basis. Raceway Park management defines the term 'street muffled' as "if you're too loud to drive on the street without the threat of getting pulled over, don't race on a street night".
As usual, all race vehicles will be required to proceed through tech inspection. Any that seem to be too loud will be tested using a db meter. Tech inspection will be using a standard Radio Shack type sound meter. In order to get a reading the tech inspector will stand 100' behind vehicle with the meter set to slow A. The racer will then rev the engine to 5,500 RPM holding it for five seconds. If the meter reads above 90 db at tech you are too loud and are illegal to race on street days/nights. Those vehicles that fail and are deemed too loud at tech inspection will receive a refund. Those vehicles that pass tech inspection but, then exceed the db limit on the strip will be disqualified without refund (as many racers alter their exhaust after tech inspection). Management reserves the right to alter these rules when necessary.
We thank all of our racers for their years of support and co-operation in advance for this matter. The Raceway Park management is dedicated to keeping the peace with our neighbors for the future of racing at Raceway Park. Raceway Park will be celebrating the start of another great 39 years in 2003.

ATTENTION TURBOCHARGED RACERS:
IF RACING IN MUFFLED ONLY EVENT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO MEET NOISE REGULATIONS. THEREFORE A MUFFLER MAY BE REQUIRED. SEE TECH INSPECTION OFFICIALS FOR DETAILS.
way I read it is if you meet the 90dB rule with a turbo, then the muffler rules don't seem to apply...maybe I should go to radioshack and pick up the $45 dollar meter they use for tech

Either way, I've sent a clarification email to e-town's tech department.

Last edited by Fireball; 09-30-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
8 Second Club

best call and talk to the track manger they can be dicks
Old 09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28
best call and talk to the track manger they can be dicks
nope..going by email...if they concur, then I have something in writing I can have with me
Old 09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
9 Second Club

I am sure you have run with Major at Cecil. Major passes tech at etown
Old 09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
9 Second Club

sounds like the way it reads that you should pass no problem.
I agree that something in writing is a good idea including the printed etown noise policy.
Good luck, see ya there.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tektrans
sounds like the way it reads that you should pass no problem.
I agree that something in writing is a good idea including the printed etown noise policy.
Good luck, see ya there.
we'll see when I get clarification
Old 09-30-2008, 06:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ALL Quick 8 cars run mufflers........ You can run in the bracket classes if you can pass tech without a muffler. Db rules are Englishtown rules. Quick 8 rules are made by Barry @ QTP. Contact him.

To date, the fastest pass ever made in the Quick 8 was 9.00. This was three years ago.

Last edited by Firehawk441; 09-30-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
ALL Quick 8 cars run mufflers........ You can run in the bracket classes if you can pass tech without a muffler. Db rules are Englishtown rules. Quick 8 rules are made by Barry @ QTP. Contact him.

To date, the fastest pass ever made in the Quick 8 was 9.00. This was three years ago.
that is the point of contention...

first post in this thread says:
Events are Street Muffled.
this "street muffled" clause is an e-town rule (I've already posted the rules from e-town)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=264

If e-town says my car is cleared to run on a street muffled day, i.e. Etown recognizes that the turbo IS A MUFFLER, then why could I run bracket but not Q8...the whole event is street muffled...not just the Q8

There are no posted rules...just that the cars have to comply with E-town's street-muffled policy...bottom line, I can not change the combo...I don't have room due to interference with the 25.5 rollcage tubing...

Last edited by Fireball; 10-01-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Not in the Quick 8. QTP [Barry} sponsors this event. As everyone knows, he sells exhaust cut-outs. The very first event, Barry was told by the track, if he ever opens his cut-outs again, he will never be allowed to race there again. They didn't care that he sponsored the event. We almost never had another event. Four years later we're still racing thanks to him. The muffler rule is only in effect to keep everyone equal as far as rules go. It's also the ONLY rule he's ever made and it's been in effect since the beginning. Please try to understand, he tries to make this fun for everyone. -Thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

fwiw I took my exhaust off and it made no difference other then making the car loud enough to wake the dead.

It's back on now.... after finding it made zero impact to how the car ran, I see no reason not to just leave it on.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Not in the Quick 8. QTP [Barry} sponsors this event. As everyone knows, he sells exhaust cut-outs. The very first event, Barry was told by the track, if he ever opens his cut-outs again, he will never be allowed to race there again. They didn't care that he sponsored the event. We almost never had another event. Four years later we're still racing thanks to him. The muffler rule is only in effect to keep everyone equal as far as rules go. It's also the ONLY rule he's ever made and it's been in effect since the beginning. Please try to understand, he tries to make this fun for everyone. -Thanks.
you're comparing apples to oranges...cutouts (i.e. bypassing a muffler) are NOT in compliance with the Etown policy...that is why they won't let him run them...Per Etown's policy, a turbocharged car is in compliance...BIG DIFFERENCE...

I only brought it back up since we've gotten a few PMs practically begging us to bring the car to the event. The car appears to be acceptable by E-town muffler policy standards, if QTP accepts this fact then I'll support the race, if not I won't...no big deal

***edit*** got an email back from Paul Bailey (E-town tech) saying that it would pass street-muffled noise requirements/tech (turbo + bullet)

Last edited by Fireball; 10-06-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Class Rules:
All cars required to run a muffler. QTP EFI Race Rules.
Its the only rule we have beside requiring LSX powered car or truck. It evens out the playing field.

I can see this becoming a problem from a car that cant make the field, but Fireball's car is over 1 second faster then the fastest car this year.

Put a muffler on or dont race.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quick Time

I can see this becoming a problem from a car that cant make the field, but Fireball's car is over 1 second faster then the fastest car this year.
The truth finally comes out!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fireball
The truth finally comes out!
Truth is the rules that have been in place for 4 years.
So should we bend the rules for you? Adjust to the rules or dont race. Its that simple.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quick Time
Truth is the rules that have been in place for 4 years.
So should we bend the rules for you? Adjust to the rules or dont race. Its that simple.
The muffler rules are e-town's rules...I guarantee if you raced at any other track that QTP would not have a muffler requirement...especially since one of your primiere items is a cutout device

Etown has already told me that they consider a turbo as a street-muffled event legal muffler...

its pretty clear that you want to keep it a "sorta" quick 8. Major could run the event too since he's also legal by Etown standards...

Either way, like I said, I'm fine with that...I only was going to bring it to showcase the builder's craftsmanship (at the request of a few people who have PM'ed me) and to support an LSX venue...this is only a trophy race anyhow...more for bragging rights instead of a big $1K purse...

Have fun with it

Last edited by Fireball; 10-01-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, so what is deemed a muffler? Are bullet mufflers legal?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Ok, so what is deemed a muffler? Are bullet mufflers legal?
I was told "no"

Has to be a chambered muffler according to E-town Tech.

I had TSP True duals with bullets, and was told to go home on a Saturday T&T.