Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2008 QTP EFI Race Series at Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
You've never participated with this event until now, and it's been nothin but complaining. You have a serious attitude problem and all your posts prove it. If you decide to make the event, please stop by and say hello. Your someone I've got to meet.

In the meantime please find another thread to complain in. This one was just fine before you came into it.
Firehawk441 i agree with you 100%. It doesn't say much that he's moderator for ls1tech acting this way On top of that its an ls1tech sponsor who is running the event and he's still giving them ****.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:41 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball
1- car was apart for last 2 years...
2- I ran in the first GM EFI series before QTP took it over (back when baxter was racing)....you probably didn't even have an LS1 back then
3- This thread was DEAD
4- Rules aren't clear...even Redgar wasn't sure
5- Best figure out what you are talking about before criticizing me
Why do you keep talking nonsense? I explain to you the rule very clearly and offer you an explanation as to why it came to be. Your response back is telling me about APPLES and ORANGES. None of which you spoke even applies. You REALLY don't think you deserve to be critisized? Most won't agree with you. Lets get real here. NOBODY wants an exhaust on their car, but everone follows this one and only rule in which you personally have Soooooooooo much trouble with. There's no reason to drag Edgar into this when it doesn't apply to him in this instance.

Stealth Turbo has run with his turbo car with a muffler in this event. I'm sure I told you what muffler he ran on his car months ago so that you could be legal and run with me and all the rest of the LSX inthusiasts.

I can't believe someone could act like yourself in such a simple matter. It's hard to believe you don't see this. Coming for test and tune only? Try and stir up some trouble? Or because of GM high Tech coverage? Enough said.

To all who attend. I'll see you there.

Last edited by Firehawk441; 10-04-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
9 Second Club

Can't we all just agree that this is getting a bit out of hand on here?
Thread is getting way hostile.
C'mon guys.
I still don't get why the two can't take this off in private. Now there are other members involved.
GMHTP is gonna be there and there are gonna be guys bickering back and forth.
Fireball is gonna be checking mufflers.
Everybody will look like idiots.
I hope GMHTP isn't reading this crap-how embarrasing if they are.

I have no problem with anyone in here (except maybe JL because he was on PINKS and I wasn't)

Fireball, if you don't wind up in the race for whatever reason, I'll line up with you as I said before. I lose my share of races at Etown, I don't mind losing another one.

See you guys on the 18th.

"Can't we all just get along?" -Rodney King.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Come on man, don't hate. The track thought I was you as it was LOL, guy in the tower called me Mark over the loudspeaker on my one test and tune run on Friday.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
8 Second Club

Congratulations is in order for to Barry (QTP), Ken (04blowngto), and P.J. (N2OStroker) for all running personal bests yesturday at Cecil.

Barry ran 9.9 with his 364 LS1 six speed and a 200 shot. Way to go Barry! We were'nt laughing a your shifting this time.

Ken ran a number of new bests with his maggie powered LS1.An 11.65 was his best. You waited a while for your first 11 second pass and ran three of them. Awesome job Ken. You didn't break anything either. Haha.

P.J. finally made it to the track this year with his new 454LSX. He ran consistanly at 9.91 to 9.87 @ 136. N/A. New bests for him and no nitrous yet! Nice job on its maiden voyage.

This will be the first event in four years with five 9 second cars. Good luck to everyone on the 18th.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tektrans
I still don't get why the two can't take this off in private. Now there are other members involved.
Takes two to private message...I've sent with no response
Old 10-04-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Stealth Turbo has run with his turbo car with a muffler in this event. I'm sure I told you what muffler he ran on his car months ago so that you could be legal and run with me and all the rest of the LSX inthusiasts.
I've done some digging thru old posts and I'm 99% sure his muffler is no different than mine (straight thru perforated core *cough*bullet*cough*...why is a straight thru non-baffled muffler legal for him in Q8?
Old 10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned

I've done some digging thru old posts and I'm 99% sure his muffler is no different than mine (straight thru perforated core *cough*bullet*cough*...why is a straight thru non-baffled muffler legal for him in Q8?
by fireball and his turbo/muffler debate. Please don't show up to e-town on the 18th and bring this muffler bullshit/drama with you. It will do nothing but embarrass ls1tech and yourself who is a moderator on ls1tech which doesn't say much.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01blackz28
by fireball and his turbo/muffler debate. Please don't show up to e-town on the 18th and bring this muffler bullshit/drama with you. It will do nothing but embarrass ls1tech and yourself who is a moderator on ls1tech which doesn't say much.

Keep drinking your Hateraide...but if the rule is to be enforced...it must be enforced for all...thats my position...fair is fair right...

BTW...read the title of this thread...its "2008 QTP EFI Race Series at Raceway Park" I've posted NOTHING BUT RELEVANT DISCUSSION concerning rules of herein...so this is not the definition of
Old 10-04-2008, 08:26 PM
8 Second Club

Barry wants a muffler on the car. PERIOD THE END. I got kicked out last year for bullets and they enforced it. Being a shop owner how are you going to go down there and start all kinds of trouble over something so stupid..... What are you going to do bring your creeper and looked at everyones mufflers and rat people out..... then you stand a pretty good chance of starting fights.... All you need to do is throw a muffler on it and call it a day. We don't need you starting **** at the last race this year and I'm sure everyone else will say the same thing
Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
10 second playa

Congratulations is in order for to Barry (QTP), Ken (04blowngto), and P.J. (N2OStroker) for all running personal bests yesturday at Cecil.

Barry ran 9.9 with his 364 LS1 six speed and a 200 shot. Way to go Barry! We were'nt laughing a your shifting this time.

Ken ran a number of new bests with his maggie powered LS1.An 11.65 was his best. You waited a while for your first 11 second pass and ran three of them. Awesome job Ken. You didn't break anything either. Haha.

P.J. finally made it to the track this year with his new 454LSX. He ran consistanly at 9.91 to 9.87 @ 136. N/A. New bests for him and no nitrous yet! Nice job on its maiden voyage.

This will be the first event in four years with five 9 second cars. Good luck to everyone on the 18th.

Congrats on all of the new bests!

I hope I can qualify for this last event?
(Don't worry I'll get in one way or another, even if I have to cut someones muffler off their car. Then dime them out.)
Old 10-05-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28
Barry wants a muffler on the car. PERIOD THE END. I got kicked out last year for bullets and they enforced it. Being a shop owner how are you going to go down there and start all kinds of trouble over something so stupid.....
LET ME MAKE THIS CRYSTAL CLEAR I could care less if I'm not allowed to run Q8...but if the reason that keeps me out better be 100% enforced since its the only rule If quicktime accept a straight-through perfed core muffler on one turbo car (which is acceptable by Etown since they consider the turbo a muffler), then QTP needs to accept them on all turbo cars...otherwise the organizers are being biased... Its not like I don't have a muffler on the car...I run a flowmaster outlaw muffler...but its not a 2-chamber design...you were probably kicked by Etown for the bullets last year...its crystal clear in Etowns noise policy that they aren't legal for any non-turbocharged combo...

What are you going to do bring your creeper and looked at everyones mufflers and rat people out..... then you stand a pretty good chance of starting fights....
If you ever did any real heads-up racing...you'd find the classes are for the most part "self policed"...all the racers want to makes sure the other racers are legal to the rules...

All you need to do is throw a muffler on it and call it a day.
if you are so smart...I'd like to see you fit a 2-chamber muffler on my car with the 25.5 SFI cage....

We don't need you starting **** at the last race this year and I'm sure everyone else will say the same thing
All I've asked for (from the get go) was 1. clarification of the rules (which I got) and 2. that rules be enforced equally. I took an offensive position when I was blatently told "put a muffler on the car" when I KNOW this rule hasn't been pushed on other turbo cars in recent events, since they pass Etown noise rules...nobody has looked under those cars...

Last edited by Fireball; 10-05-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Congrts Barry,Ken, and PJ!!! Wish I could have been there. Mosy impressive thing is that ken didnt break anything
Old 10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
8 Second Club

If you would stop and listen to me for ONCE, I could make everything VERY clear. I've tried a few times but you don't seem to listen. I told you already you can run an ( OVAL ) magnaflow on your car like MIKE ROMAINE does on his turbo car. Bullet mufflers are a No, No at E-Town. That is plain and simple. YES, I know there is NOOOO difference other then the shape but round/bullets are illegal @ E-Town with absolutly NO exceptions. Your car will pass Db's and you will have a MUFFLER on your car..... EVERYONE will be happy and you can race in the QUICK 8.

You are incorrect in your assumption about this rule not being enforced. Stealth turbo ( Mike Romaine )is the only turbo car to run this event.

Please PM me with any further discussion. I will offer ANY helpful information I can.

I also ask everyone else to PLEASE let this disscussion rest and resume the typical trash talking leading up to the race. Thank You. -Rick

Last edited by Firehawk441; 10-05-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:12 PM
8 Second Club

So who's ready for the 18th...... Anyone have an guess on what it will take to qualify for the 8
Old 10-05-2008, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Im ready!! Although ill be one of the slower cars. My mid 10's isnt gunna cut it for much longer.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Im come out really hard and try for a 10.5X
Old 10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

To bad my car is to slow for this
We will be there with the video camera though
Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

im gonna come if i get a new clutch in on time ill be runnin in the 13.49 or quicker
Old 10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Kyle, don't remind me.

You of all people knew how frustrated I was getting. I'll hopefully make it through the efi without a hitch.

The car hooked so good it scared the crap out of me. HUGE difference between a 1.9 & a 1.6! The car just got up and went.

<--------crossing fingers