Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Turkey Pond Snowmobile radar run!! 3/2/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't talk about the speed on the F7. it did 82, but I think I let off early because I let off about 300 feet before the light board because it said "your speed is 73mph" and I was like WTF? I looked at my speedo and it said 90. But whatever, it was still a great time!!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:42 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cones where about 200 feet from the board, we did that so you could see your speed, but the bow police scred up and only had one radar board so we had to set it up and it was the wrong way to read.

if its stock, 82 sounds close. my buddies 03 with mods moves out pretty good and he did 84. my 600 did 85 and that beats most f7's to 80-90 mph pretty easy. my sled was only running 90. to much snow.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Noyzee
the cones where about 200 feet from the board, we did that so you could see your speed, but the bow police scred up and only had one radar board so we had to set it up and it was the wrong way to read.

if its stock, 82 sounds close. my buddies 03 with mods moves out pretty good and he did 84. my 600 did 85 and that beats most f7's to 80-90 mph pretty easy. my sled was only running 90. to much snow.

there were some bumps at the end of the track that kind of puckered my bum a little.. was kinda scary !!! but fun

I had a blast and was getting used to it towards the end of the day. I think i like this as much as i liked the dirtbikes.

me and ryan will be definitely hitting up the Bow NH area again especially the trails... if not this year then definitely next
Old 03-04-2008, 07:32 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by TunedPort 335
there were some bumps at the end of the track that kind of puckered my bum a little.. was kinda scary !!! but fun

I had a blast and was getting used to it towards the end of the day. I think i like this as much as i liked the dirtbikes.

me and ryan will be definitely hitting up the Bow NH area again especially the trails... if not this year then definitely next
you guys should shoot up saturday. we are heading up there for some lake racing, and some trail riding. im going to find the power lines, they say its real nice there.

also going to be messing with my buddy's f7 clutch set up. see if we can get some speed out of it.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Teching In

you think the ice will still be safe?? its supposed to be warm this week

only thing holding me back is i'd hafta register in NH, its got an old sticker from last year on it but i dont wanna chance it... the sled is real loud
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by TunedPort 335
you think the ice will still be safe?? its supposed to be warm this week

only thing holding me back is i'd hafta register in NH, its got an old sticker from last year on it but i dont wanna chance it... the sled is real loud
ice safe, lol that ice will be safe till mid april. it was over 36" thick where all the trucks where parked. the thinnest spots we tested where 24" thick and that was at the inlet and outlet.
its good

for what its worth, i have only seen fish and game 1 time in that area, and it was because a guy got stuck in his car trying to drive on the lake so they came and dragged him out. other then that i have never seen them. all the times with triples rippin it up race sleds etc, never seen them.
that doesnt meen you wont see them, but i never have.

let me know if you guys want to go, we can meet up
Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could head up this weekend, but I gotta work I definately wanna head up to Pittsburg or Rangeley one more time before the season ends!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:53 PM
8 second mod

we are going to rangeley next weekend, the 13 i think it is. we leave thursday after work stay till sunday. should still be real good. we are staying right neer the trail that goes from neer town and lake cove and takes you to yamaha
there 8 of us going.