Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

f bod club in ny

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008 | 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by regblkss
ive been down to the dunkin donuts and there is always people tring to hustle you. i dont mind a race for money but you have to no when you are out classed. this one guy said to me i give you 5 cars and the move i no the car runs 9.50 at the track. my best at the time is 11.0 on nos 100 shot and m/t. i go to all the local tracks and watch these guys run
True, that seems to have gotten worse in the last few years too. I think it's because of the lack of car culture up here. Guys with the faster cars see an LS1 F-body, or some other similar car, and they want to race it. I had that a lot last year when my car was fairly stock. This year it will probably be worse for me. But, I almost got in HUGE trouble for street racing about 6 years ago, i was ridiculously lucky that night, since then street racing is out of the question. for me at least.

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 05-13-2008 | 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Wow I never knew there was a car scene in Syracuse. Ive been going up there to visit my girl this year who goes to SU and never see anything except for the red cammed c6 zo6 I saw at the shops near her dorm.

I'm moving to Manlius this August, hope to meet you guys sometime.
It's not a HUGE scene up here, but there are a few places to hang out and catch a race if thats your thing.

Manlius is a nice town, have a friend that lives out that way.
But it will be cool to have another F-body in the area!!

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 05-13-2008 | 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dcvingv6
It's not a HUGE scene up here, but there are a few places to hang out and catch a race if thats your thing.

Manlius is a nice town, have a friend that lives out that way.
But it will be cool to have another F-body in the area!!

Thanks...
--Mike
I figured, due to the insane winters (at least compared to Jersey) but its just awesome to hear theres SOMETHING to do up there with cars.

That good to hear about Manlius, I dont know much about the area but Ive been doing a lot of apartment shopping.
Old 05-13-2008 | 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

cmf race...esta this sun come on out fellas