Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Lancaster PA Area shop recomend

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniTransAm
I've also heard that about racecrafters tonight at work. So far it looks like I may just start taking it to the dealer. Probably wouldn't cost me as much as I think based on what people have been telling me. So where does everyone take their cars when something just breaks and you can't/won't fix it yourself. I'm not talking anything performance. Just maint. only. I have a feeling "speed shops" won't really want to get into just doing work for somebody. I had hoped Rapid Motorsports would have replied to my email but they must not check it much. I'll have to give them a shout.

i actually do regular work for alot of my customer b/c at the dealer they charge like 115 an hour and alot of my customers only trust me to work on thier car. Feel free to let me know if i can help you out with it.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i'm from lebanon and I have been to Harris and Rapid. Both of them are good places to go. I'm 5 minutes from Manheim
Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go To Rapid...Mike knows what he is doing and he is fair.Do not go to the dealer.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MiniTransAm
I've also heard that about racecrafters tonight at work. So far it looks like I may just start taking it to the dealer. Probably wouldn't cost me as much as I think based on what people have been telling me. So where does everyone take their cars when something just breaks and you can't/won't fix it yourself. I'm not talking anything performance. Just maint. only. I have a feeling "speed shops" won't really want to get into just doing work for somebody. I had hoped Rapid Motorsports would have replied to my email but they must not check it much. I'll have to give them a shout.
Just PM Mike at Rapid. His screen name is "mikey" .
Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

locally i usually take my car to the firestone right on rt 72 by the old lebanon plaza mall -- their prices are very reasonable and i've never had a bad experience there, ive been going there for a few years now

do not go to the dealer... ive never had a good experience with them. the prices are always way over the top and the work has always been shitty. For instance, i asked them to give take a look at my car b.c i was going on a long trip. I got the car back and the bill was something like $175. All they did was an oil change, change one of brake light, and mess up my head lights and turn signals. The only thing i asked them to do is make sure my car was ready for the long drive. They said i should get an oil change so i authorized them to do that but nothing else. I dont know how the bill came out to that much and they charged me an hour of labor to change 1 brake light (which is a 5 minute job i could have done myself) and they wanted to take out my aftermarket headlight and turn signals so they messed around with them and fucked it all up. I hate the dealer and I will never ever take my car there again.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Which dealer was that? Jones??

Originally Posted by phillyz28
locally i usually take my car to the firestone right on rt 72 by the old lebanon plaza mall -- their prices are very reasonable and i've never had a bad experience there, ive been going there for a few years now

do not go to the dealer... ive never had a good experience with them. the prices are always way over the top and the work has always been shitty. For instance, i asked them to give take a look at my car b.c i was going on a long trip. I got the car back and the bill was something like $175. All they did was an oil change, change one of brake light, and mess up my head lights and turn signals. The only thing i asked them to do is make sure my car was ready for the long drive. They said i should get an oil change so i authorized them to do that but nothing else. I dont know how the bill came out to that much and they charged me an hour of labor to change 1 brake light (which is a 5 minute job i could have done myself) and they wanted to take out my aftermarket headlight and turn signals so they messed around with them and fucked it all up. I hate the dealer and I will never ever take my car there again.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

whatever dealer it was in Manheim, not sure of the name.. this was last summer and i haven't been back since
Old 04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Deffinitely do not go to Racekrafters. I have spoken to them twice and they talked to me like I was an idiot and I have done everything to my car myself. They are also extremely overpriced. I have had good luck with Jones Pontiac for stupid stuff like AC work and they found a ground problem for me. Mike at Rapid is great but I think he has been having problems with his email lately so you might want to try to PM him and call his shop and leave a message. Mike has a guy that works for him part time that also works at a Chevy dealership near Exton that does extremely good work. I had them install the Tru-track in my truck not to long ago and he did it in half the time that anybody else quoted me.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rapid is the place..
Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey Kris, your e-mails get sent to my SPAM folder even though I added you as a valid e-mail. Not sure why. Just call or PM me when you need something.

Mike
Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i see mikey responded. that's great. he's the man you want. Racekrafters sucks. i built several record setting super stock engines and they wouldn't give me any type of day. Mikeys the best..............

Quick Reply: Lancaster PA Area shop recomend