Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for restoration shop around rochester, NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for restoration shop around rochester, NY

hi everyone. Like the title says, I need to find a restoration shop around rochester, NY. Anyone know of any or have advice on how to find one?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

What are you restoring? Sometimes you can find shop info on message boards like this dedicated to other makes/models. Also pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News and check the vendors sections.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Teching In

I'm restoring an 88 camaro. Been at it for a while, but with 2 jobs and school been tough lately. Trying to get back into it this summer.

2 summers ago I spent months scrubbing away undercoating and media blasting the underside of a car. Then I used Picklex 20 (phosphoric acid / zink) solution and then started applying Zero Rust. Had to leave the car for few months in the winter, came back and found new rust coming back right through the new paint.

So now I am thinking I need professional help, at a minimum to take a look at the car and offer advice. I am considering either having the car dipped, or professional blasting. The problem is that I do not see what professionals can do with media blasting, that I didn't do already. I am sure they can do it way faster than me, but I thought I was being thorough and it took me months. Kinda frustrating