Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck LOL
Old 05-08-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Good luck LOL
dude, seriously, simmer down. I don't know you, you don't know me. Let it go, lol. wow
Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Don, I think Noyzee should take over from here
Old 05-12-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

got a cam recommendation from Patrick G. almost identical to what Slowhawk said. 226/238 .609/607" 115LSA +3 advance.

I have not a damn clue what that means though, lol. Can't do jack till I get the truck back with the rebuilt trans. Converter won't be here till next monday.

That's ok, i really like driving my buddy's Denali.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
got a cam recommendation from Patrick G. almost identical to what Slowhawk said. 226/238 .609/607" 115LSA +3 advance.

I have not a damn clue what that means though, lol. Can't do jack till I get the truck back with the rebuilt trans. Converter won't be here till next monday.

That's ok, i really like driving my buddy's Denali.
I don't mean this as a shot at you more of a serious ? but if every time Don has said something to you he was right or has been backed up by others why not just listen to him the first time and save yourself time and energy??
Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by My84Z
I don't mean this as a shot at you more of a serious ? but if every time Don has said something to you he was right or has been backed up by others why not just listen to him the first time and save yourself time and energy??
Typical, what do I know
Old 05-12-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by My84Z
I actually sit at work all day looking for ways to make people on here ask such questions. I find it fun, lol. Totally joking, good point.

I just like to talk things through and get various opinions on things before I make a decision, that's all.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
I actually sit at work all day looking for ways to make people on here ask such questions. I find it fun, lol. Totally joking, good point.

I just like to talk things through and get various opinions on things before I make a decision, that's all.
But,thats why you are so much in dept right now

Deal with 1 person that builds the vehicles and you won't waste your money.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Dont do anything till you get the new converter in there. Even if it doesnt fix it I would at least drive the truck over the summer and when winter comes along then think about making changes. You have been without the truck too long, its better to have a truck that runs that isn't perfect, than a perfect truck sitting in a garage.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

oh yeah, i know. I'm not planning to do the heads/cam till god knows when. Just talking. Seeing what would be the best setup once I finally do decide to make changes. At the same time I don't want to keep driving it this way if the cam/compression are making things dangerous.

This is the list of things to do so far:

-cam swap, mill heads to raise cr, 8-rib conversion, move air filter out of engine bay, have tb inspected/fixed, larger heat exchanger(maybe), larger intercooer reservoir(maybe), cowl hood(ugh, really don't want to), have headers ceramic coated, remove cats(maybe), change the fuel system completely(i don't wanna talk about it), methanol injection(AIS or alkycontrol),

I think that's it other than the interior/stereo stuff which isn't a priority.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Race your car!

What is wrong with the fuel system now? Ceramic coating the headers not a bad idea, that will help keep the engine bay temps down, bigger intercooler resivoir, also a good idea. Moving the intake inlet, good idea.

Just don't get into it too far, unless you're gonna get ahold of Kurt and get him to take it back again, because with too many changes he's gonna need to have it back unles you've found a brave local place that knows what they are doing.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

$2000 plus tax and title and registration fee's. Add $200 for muffler bearing greasing, carburator belt adjustment.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zturd
$2000 plus tax and title and registration fee's. Add $200 for muffler bearing greasing, carburator belt adjustment.
HUH? tax title and registration fee for a cam? you lost me
Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

What is wrong with the fuel system now? Ceramic coating the headers not a bad idea, that will help keep the engine bay temps down, bigger intercooler resivoir, also a good idea. Moving the intake inlet, good idea.

Just don't get into it too far, unless you're gonna get ahold of Kurt and get him to take it back again, because with too many changes he's gonna need to have it back unles you've found a brave local place that knows what they are doing.
the fuel system is a huge piece of ****. speed-eng 1000hp truck kit. what a joke. you can't run anywhere near 1/4 tank. at 1/4 tank if you just sit idling for more than 2min, it stalls and fuel pressure drops and jumps all over the place. scary ****. Also, because it requires a hole be drilled in the top of the fuel pump module, it leaks/smells of gas if you fill the tank. so, you have to run more than 1/4 tank but less than full, lol.

aside from that, the pump is stupid, stupid loud, but i can live with that. At some point i'm gonna replace the module and intank pump, feed it into a small cell with dual walbros, then feed that up to the engine. A buddy of mine just did it on his turbo S10 and it works flawlessly. He's gonna do mine once i decide i NEED it. Shouldn't be too pricey. $1000 ish.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Race your car!

Why not get ahold of someone that can just fab you an alum tank? Put a couple baffles in it and sump the thing, put a hookup on it so you can install the filler neck, and just put a fuel level float in it, probably can run a standard 90 ohn one because that's what most Gm cars have as far as I know.

Might solve your problems, then you can leave the pump alone, or run whatever external pump you want. Probably be the best route to go in the long run.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:44 AM
TECH Addict

Why not get ahold of someone that can just fab you an alum tank? Put a couple baffles in it and sump the thing, put a hookup on it so you can install the filler neck, and just put a fuel level float in it, probably can run a standard 90 ohn one because that's what most Gm cars have as far as I know.

Might solve your problems, then you can leave the pump alone, or run whatever external pump you want. Probably be the best route to go in the long run.
that's what i was gonna do but Kurt, Slowhawk, and the CNC/welder/fabricator guy I'm dealing with all seem to like the other idea, and so do I. Kurt's system is as quiet as stock. My wife would appreciate that for sure. My pump is almost embarrassingly loud.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Race your car!

What pump do you have on there that is that loud?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

JL,alot of people run a holder tank.It is very common on road raced Corvette's and trucks that have flat bottom tanks.It is the best way to garrenty fuel delivery while keeping the stock tank.Aeromotive pumps suck ***** on the street.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
JL,alot of people run a holder tank.It is very common on road raced Corvette's and trucks that have flat bottom tanks.It is the best way to garrenty fuel delivery while keeping the stock tank.Aeromotive pumps suck ***** on the street.
yes, yes they do, lol. donkey ***** even. I have Eliminator Fuel Pump, P/N 11104
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Race your car!

Yeah those pumps are loud. I have seen the whole holder tank setup before and I don't argue that it does work, just seems like it may complicate things a little, and with that truck anything that can be done to simplify it would seem like a good idea. Big single tank with a good sump and a magnaflow or weldon pump would probably be fine, that way there's only one pump to worry about.