Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Inspection in North Jersey Area!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008 | 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Default Inspection in North Jersey Area!?!

I need to have my camaro reinspected by the end of this month. Does anyone know of anywhere in the North Jersey area where they will slap a sticker on my SS? Have an off road Y and cant pass at a regular inspection station? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2008 | 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

no one will slap a sticker on anymore. if they do and they get caught, its at least a $50K fine, and might lose their liscense to inspect. thereby losing all the money they spent on the new computers and dyno needed for the new inspection. if you drive it daily or mostly daily, itll be worth it to put a stock or somehow stock system on it, get it inspected, then take it off again. at least its not every year anymore.
Old 05-19-2008 | 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Ah yea thats the thing I am only keeping the car as a weekend car. I am in the middle of purchasing a VW Rabbit for my daily driver to work. I have a 2 car garage in my new place im moving into and will be able to keep it in their along with my buds 87 Monte. I don't have my old exhaust setup anymore either. Ahh I dont know what to do
Old 05-19-2008 | 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Find some junk cats. split it, then weld it onto your y-pipe since its only for visual inspection.
Old 05-19-2008 | 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

best bet is to just ask around. go up to the owner or whoever does the private inspection, and ask him. just say itll pass everything, but it has tint.....something minor like that.
Old 05-20-2008 | 06:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

i always found other cars that clearly would not have passed but had a pretty sticker in the window and asked them where they got theres done and what it cost them. if you ask a station owner/operator he will be iffy on what to say and will probably tell you no just to cover his ***. worst come to worst be like the rest go to a junkyard scrape a good sticker out of a car there GENTLY and than cut your center out with all of your info pull the color off the windsheild and slap the slightly used sticker right behind it. jersey cops dont actually scan the bar code or anything they just check your paperwork with your sticker and as long as it doesnt looked hacked up youll be fine. if you get caught say it came with the windsheild lol i know TONS of people that do this on all kinds of cars.