Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads...Another New One..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grandsport1963
so basically your telling me if i take all of that off i might as well put a cam in lol!! do you think that there could have been a damange anywere from it not being seated all the way. Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? btw way thanks for the help jason.
Well, it is an SLP product so....

If the pulley was put on without loosening the cover bolts to allow the seal to re-center itseld on the new pulley, that could be causing your slight oil leak. As far as not seating all the way, the only issue I could see there is belt alignment. Also make sure you have the right length belt for that smaller pulley. You can throw a belt if the tensioner cannot keep the belt at the proper tension and you close the throttle from high RPM.

Yes you should put a cam in it while you are doing this. I would
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

well with that said. what do think would be a good combo? A ls6 hot cam or somthing a little bigger with the stock heads.. whats the max you would go?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

bigger than a hot cam for sure... something in the 23x range would be good for a fast DD, but a 224 or 228 cam would be pretty mild and still make close to 400rwhp with full bolt ons.

I had a 224 cam in my Formula and made 375rwhp with headers and exhaust. And i have the same cam waiting to go in the SS whenever i find time. But this time i have an intake and stuff to go on as well so i hope to be just below 400
Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

well with that said. what do think would be a good combo? A ls6 hot cam or somthing a little bigger with the stock heads.. whats the max you would go?
If I was looking to get another cam for my car, this is what i would do:

I would pay Patrick G the 20 bucks or whatever it costs for him to spec out a cam for you. Tell him what you want from the car and what you want to do with it. The money is refundable if you buy a cam from Thunder I believe. He is far more knowledgeable than me on cam selection. He has had the resources and time to try many different cams and he knows what does what. Not that I am a complete cam infant but that would be your best bet. And remember that installing a cam is a lot more than stabbing the stick in and firing it up. You must have all the appropriate valve train modifications and supporting bolt ons. HTH.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a cam that will work real good for you
Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
Yep ill be using that same cam in my next TA for a D/D
Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well fellas I wrecked my Tahoe today. Everyone and everything is fine, but I smashed the rear bumper. Gotta get out and find a new bumper soon. Damn rain...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

So who wants to trade me their ls1?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-classifieds/957258-wtt-2002-ford-explorer-eddie-bauer.html
Old 07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

I pmed you
Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

Let me guess...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDM74
On another note, I heard a rumor that Bass Pro was soon to be shut down due to new management and a new restuarant going in beside the steak house.
They were handing out flyers last weekend telling people about this.... They are under new management and dont want show there anymore. They supposedly have a new spot to go, but wouldnt tell anyone where.... They only wanted the "older" cars to go there.... Haha.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Let me guess...
Yeah, I know...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

If I was looking to get another cam for my car, this is what i would do:

I would pay Patrick G the 20 bucks or whatever it costs for him to spec out a cam for you. Tell him what you want from the car and what you want to do with it. The money is refundable if you buy a cam from Thunder I believe. He is far more knowledgeable than me on cam selection. He has had the resources and time to try many different cams and he knows what does what. Not that I am a complete cam infant but that would be your best bet. And remember that installing a cam is a lot more than stabbing the stick in and firing it up. You must have all the appropriate valve train modifications and supporting bolt ons. HTH.
I disagree. If you want to know why, PM me.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
bigger than a hot cam for sure... something in the 23x range would be good for a fast DD, but a 224 or 228 cam would be pretty mild and still make close to 400rwhp with full bolt ons.

I had a 224 cam in my Formula and made 375rwhp with headers and exhaust. And i have the same cam waiting to go in the SS whenever i find time. But this time i have an intake and stuff to go on as well so i hope to be just below 400
Is it an off the shelf grind or custom??
Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

the 224 cam i had, and have, is an off the shelf cam from MTI.

when i bought the cam package for the Formula years ago, i was still new to Fbodies and didnt really know too much. But it made good power for such a small cam, and i bought it again bc i got a great deal on it ($200 new). I was going to go bigger, and do a custom cam, but i changed my mind at the last minute
Old 07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
They were handing out flyers last weekend telling people about this.... They are under new management and dont want show there anymore. They supposedly have a new spot to go, but wouldnt tell anyone where.... They only wanted the "older" cars to go there.... Haha.
I think as soon as they meet there a couple times the car will be out of the bag. I don't get all the old car guys vs. new car guys metality. We are all car enthusiasts right? The rest of the non-car world sees us both as the same.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think as soon as they meet there a couple times the car will be out of the bag. I don't get all the old car guys vs. new car guys metality. We are all car enthusiasts right? The rest of the non-car world sees us both as the same.
Very true.... But I think they are mainly afraid of the "import" crowd ruining it for everyone.... Like always. Im pretty sure Lone Star is pissed that the people wont be there anymore. Especially all the people that just went over there to the bar for a few drinks.... Like Jessica. Damn alcholics. Haha!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad i never drank anything when i was there
Old 07-24-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

glad i never drank anything when i was there
Haha.... Horrible liar!!!

I remember the one time when you came out of now where and slammed down right beside Kyle.... Sat for a few minutes, then left.... Didnt say anything to us.... And to top it off, almost fell flat on your ***!!!

Priceless!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, that's unfortunate. Sounds like both basspro and lonestar are going to lose a chunk of the weekend crowd.

then agian i hit on one of the waitresses there and we got caught by her boyfriend when i called her =X yeah that would be awkward.

Sean, I swear one of these days I'll get down there for a h/c package...everytime I turn around I keep having to shell out money for something

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads...Another New One..