Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Four Day Weekend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 AM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Did that years ago.

I've just been working 55 to 65 hours a week for so long, a whole month without it, I dunno, I think every project around my house would probably be done and I'd be looking for more stuff to do.
I've been doing the work/engineering school thing for 80+ hours a week for a year... I didn't even get an effen break for lunch or dinner.

I think I deserve a month off (which really wasn't a month since I had finals) before starting my "real world" job. My boss told me to take more time off... but I couldn't see taking more time off.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:41 AM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I often find myself sitting at my desk kind of zoned out going, "What do I do now?" And then all of a sudden I'm on LS1Tech.
Psh... I am lucky if I get to take a 20 min lunch at work we are so freaking busy. I can't complain though, my day goes from 7:30 to 5:30 before I can even look at the clock.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=lilstephsls1;9413581]I've been doing the work/engineering school thing for 80+ hours a week for a year... I didn't even get an effen break for lunch or dinner. QUOTE]

Wait until you're working 60 hours a week, Try to put about 20 hours a week or so into building a race car in your garage, do all the work to upkeep a household because your spouse works alot as well and is tending to family stuff, plus try to have some kind of social life. Oh, and you have an hour each way to work for a commute.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Race your car!

[QUOTE=PewterScreaminMach;9413556]Cool! Should be fun. I'm showing up with a bunch of people that are all running right around what I am, so I have a bunch of friendly competition with my brother and a couple friends.

Knock on wood x2, by the way.

Haha, I know what you mean. I've been working my regular job with a little overtime, teaching music lessons at a school, and doing rehearsals and shows with my band for almost two years now and I just cut out the teaching because the band is getting real busy. Now I feel like I'm being lazy because I'm just working the full time job, a little overtime, and having rehearsals and shows so I get to go home and just sit down a couple nights a week.QUOTE]

LOL, I hear that. I have time at work to do this nonsense, but I also have alot of work replated email stuff with customer and internal stuff, so a click of a mouse here and there, plus typing 60 wpm doens't make it take long.

Now that my 2nd job is coming to a close, the primary is picking up, the commute time is now down to about 20 min so I'm getting an hour and a half back every day which is nice, and the car's about done so that work is almost over with too.

I find myself starting to think about looking for another part time job just to take up the time, because I don't know what I'm gonna do, with all this free time I'll have. Even at 50 hours a week at this job with the car done and the commute, I now seem to have 30 hours of free time every week. My lawn has never looked so nice LOL
Old 05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heading to VT for the long weekend should be about 200.00 in gas Anyways hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Heading to VT for the long weekend should be about 200.00 in gas Anyways hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
No kidding. I'm already worried about how much it's going to cost me to get to Lebanon. I'm gonna spend more on gas to get there and home than I am on breakfast and the rental day ticket, which includes lunch.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Race your car!

You're worried? Try towing there, at 11 to 12 mpg. Oh, and the race fuel, 70 bucks for a 5 gallon pail now.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
You're worried? Try towing there, at 11 to 12 mpg. Oh, and the race fuel, 70 bucks for a 5 gallon pail now.
You've just made my point about why no matter what I do to this car, the main goal is to keep it a street car. The day I can't - or don't want to - drive it to and from the track is the day I know I've gone too far mods-wise (pending some unforseen major inheritance or a rock star income).
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Race your car!

I hear what you're saying, but to be honest, when I only go 10 times a year (someday maybe I'll bump it up to 15) it's really no worse then if I wanted to drive it around.

I look at like this: Drive around, eventually race someone, get caught, pay out the *** to get out of it, or worst case go to jail, lose house becasue someone sues me, etc.etc.

Or, go to the track, enjoy it 10 times a year, keep progressing it along little by little, race whatever class it happens to fit in when I can, and maybe someday I'll get lucky enough to actually win something. And not go to jail/lose the house etc.etc.

No brainer to me.

Someday I'll put another street car together, but I have to finish this one to where I'm happy with it, and then find the right car. Not even sure what that will be yet.