Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Put $100.00 worth of gas in my truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 454mag
"nice, thats the 34 welcraft right? we used to have the 32 st tropez same colors, it was an 87 with twin 454 merc's. super nice boat."

Ya Its a Gran Sport. Just like a St Tropez just a couple feet bigger.

Gotta get used to gas going up and up. Until the american people smarten up and throw out the democrats who keep 85% of the US off limits to oil drilling and have not let us build a refinery in the last 35 years yet call for OPEC to increase production when they wont let us do it domestically. Every year since he was in office Bush has put forth an energy bill that increases domestic production and every year the dems shoot it down and then have the ***** to say he has no energy plan.
Eventuall the greenies will wake up and see that the only long term answer is nuclear power. Renewable is great but will never provide greater than 20% of total. Electric cars powered by nuclear energy cause 0 carbon emissions and make America completely energy independent. Fck the damn french are smart enough to get 80% of their energy from nukes and the japnese 85. why are we stuck at 12.
yup, i thought so. i could tell it was the GS by the swimplatform. the st tropez didnt have the molded one, the GS was the 34, st tropez was a 32 nice Boats, i loved that thing

also, its funny how gas keeps going up and up, and everything is so bad, but the gas companies have a record profit
Old 05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Nuclear power is a way better method of electircity, the risk of a problem is so much lower it's not even funny, and then we'll have plenty of depleated mat'l to make bullets out of for our soldiers, make depleated ammo the standard issue

Electric cars, good idea, fuel cell cars, even better. That's the way to go, ya just fill it with water, it extracts the hydrogen and clean oxygen comes out the tailpipe.

Last time I checked, the world's 75% covered with water, I don't think we will run out of that.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:32 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Nuclear power is a way better method of electircity, the risk of a problem is so much lower it's not even funny, and then we'll have plenty of depleated mat'l to make bullets out of for our soldiers, make depleated ammo the standard issue

Electric cars, good idea, fuel cell cars, even better. That's the way to go, ya just fill it with water, it extracts the hydrogen and clean oxygen comes out the tailpipe.

Last time I checked, the world's 75% covered with water, I don't think we will run out of that.
untill they make an affordable 500 RWHP electric car, i will not be buying one.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Noyzee
A big no on elec. over here too The only reason I like going to work is because it gives me a reason to waste gas and screw off.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Launching!

Noyzee quote
"also, its funny how gas keeps going up and up, and everything is so bad, but the gas companies have a record profit"

As a business man Im sure you understand supply and demand. When demand outstrips supply prices go up and dealers make money. Gotta either reduce demand or increase supply. neither of which is gonna happen any time soon. The US is only 20% of the worlds oil market. Even if we cut our use in half world demand is going to increase while production remains stagnant at best. Not a good scenario. Hope your 401k has a good mix of energy stocks as mine does. They make money I make money. capitalism at its best.

I see you do HVAC work. IF you are not into solar both domestic and commercial , now is the time. Solar domestic hot water and radiant heat can save a homeowner or business a fortune and not many commercial guys are doing it yet. When I inquired about it a few years ago no one knew Jack about it. I had to research , design and build my own system. I have since designed and built several for others and I am not even in that line of work.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by 454mag
Noyzee quote
"also, its funny how gas keeps going up and up, and everything is so bad, but the gas companies have a record profit"

As a business man Im sure you understand supply and demand. When demand outstrips supply prices go up and dealers make money. Gotta either reduce demand or increase supply. neither of which is gonna happen any time soon. The US is only 20% of the worlds oil market. Even if we cut our use in half world demand is going to increase while production remains stagnant at best. Not a good scenario. Hope your 401k has a good mix of energy stocks as mine does. They make money I make money. capitalism at its best.

I see you do HVAC work. IF you are not into solar both domestic and commercial , now is the time. Solar domestic hot water and radiant heat can save a homeowner or business a fortune and not many commercial guys are doing it yet. When I inquired about it a few years ago no one knew Jack about it. I had to research , design and build my own system. I have since designed and built several for others and I am not even in that line of work.
some people think saving gas will help but your 100% correct when you say we need to tap our reasors. that is the only thing thats going to help us.

we dont do solar, i have looked at a couple jobs with that option, but they seem to lean back towards 90% gas units do to the cost up front. alot of people cant afford the first hit, and cant chance it paying for itself. and in the comercial end i havent touched it, but i would for sure.
My Father did alot of it back when he first started out in the 70's. a few people i know that had the solar are working on hooking it back up. its funny how things come around
Old 05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Race your car!

I dunno if that would even be possible, a 500 hp elec motor weigh's about 5000 lbs. I used to have them at my old job, they're literally twice as big as an ls1, and have a whole copper mine of wire in them.

Nevermind the instant torque an electric motor makes would fry tires so bad you'd never even get moving with what it would weigh.

I bet if you built a car, and just put 2 50 hp servo motors in the back with tires attached right to the motor it would probably be pretty scary.

Electric motors are different, they make all the tq at 1 rpm, so it's instant power, unlike a combustion engine.

Be intresting to try, someday when the battery technology finally catches up with where the motor technology is
Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Race your car!

The geo-thermo heating will be coming around too very very soon.

Solar panels too, every house in the us should have panels on the roof on the side that gets the sun all the time. That should just be a standard thing.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 AM
8 second mod

I dunno if that would even be possible, a 500 hp elec motor weigh's about 5000 lbs. I used to have them at my old job, they're literally twice as big as an ls1, and have a whole copper mine of wire in them.

Nevermind the instant torque an electric motor makes would fry tires so bad you'd never even get moving with what it would weigh.

I bet if you built a car, and just put 2 50 hp servo motors in the back with tires attached right to the motor it would probably be pretty scary.

Electric motors are different, they make all the tq at 1 rpm, so it's instant power, unlike a combustion engine.

Be intresting to try, someday when the battery technology finally catches up with where the motor technology is
lol, i ment it as a joke, you took it to the next levle. lol but you definetly know more about electric motors then i do
Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Race your car!

Eeh, I know alot of crap about alot of crap. Unless you are into it or work on it the info is pretty much useless.

But it's kept me employed, so I guess it has a use.

746 watts of power = 1 hp for a referance, I've had electic motors that were no more then 1.5 inches in diameter and about 2.5 inches long, that have made almost 1/2 a hp. That little motor weigh's about 6 oz.

I've done the overhaul on a 300 hp electric motor, that was about 3 times as big as a ls1. Had to use a gantry, forklift, hydraulic press, all kinds of **** to take it apart. Not fun.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use to use oil to heat my home now I have two wood pellet stoves and they heat the whole house nice and toasty. I am now looking for a way to heat my water with solar energy if anyone knows who does this let me know. **** BUSH AND HIS WIFE AND CHENEY AND HIS DOG AND **** THE ARABS ALSO. YOU KNOW WHAT **** EVERYONE THIS GOVT. SUCKS AND **** THE OIL EXECUTIVES WHO ARE LIVING LARGE FROM OUR WALLETS.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
8 second mod

746 watts of power = 1 hp for a referance,

the cool part about that is, my car makes about 600,000 watts
Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
I use to use oil to heat my home now I have two wood pellet stoves and they heat the whole house nice and toasty. I am now looking for a way to heat my water with solar energy if anyone knows who does this let me know. **** BUSH AND HIS WIFE AND CHENEY AND HIS DOG AND **** THE ARABS ALSO. YOU KNOW WHAT **** EVERYONE THIS GOVT. SUCKS AND **** THE OIL EXECUTIVES WHO ARE LIVING LARGE FROM OUR WALLETS.
yea, **** the ****** *******
Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Race your car!

the cool part about that is, my car makes about 600,000 watts
My car's a lowly 485,000 watter
Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My next purchase for a daily driver will be a Honda Fit. I talked my girlfriend into buying one last year; she gets 28-29 around town and last trip to Maine with the two of us and all of my guitars/amps/equipment we got 38mpg all highway.

We also had to strategically place all of my equipment so that it wouldn't move around at all because there was so much space left in the thing. You could fit a freakin boat in it without issue.

Only reason I wouldn't get one is if they come out with something even better, because so far I've seen nothing that compares to this car in terms of mpg and space for my equipment. Not to mention they are all in the $14k-16k range brand new.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
My parents just bought a wood pellet stove and they can't wait to try it out this winter. They just loaded up on enough wood pellets to get them through to next summer (five pallets worth).

Other options for home heating AND cooling would be for you to look into Geothermal Heating/Cooling. There is a company called Emcor in Meriden, CT that handles these projects (at least for businesses, not sure about residential). A great guy to speak with about it works for Connecticut Wells, Inc., a drilling company out of Bethlehem, CT. His name is Bill Prebeck.

Regarding the solar projects, one great company locally is Sunlight Solar Energy out of Milford, CT. There is a tech there whose name is Alex Fox who I've worked with. They've done a lot of residential projects. Solar is the way to go if you're looking for tax breaks and a 3-4 or so year payback (depending on your usage and if you have a good location for it).

There are also a few companies using Geothermal to produce electricity, although I think that market is still mostly commercial (they're pushing to make it economically viable for residential customers, as well, but I don't think they're there yet).
Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 AM
8 second mod

If anyone is doing anything around this area for HVAC weather it be residential or comercal you better call me. we do it all from a basic fart fan, dryer vent, to small or large homes to large office buildings, car dealer ships, ware houses etc etc etc we do geotherm from providing the equipment, digging the well, control wiring, power wire etc etc. if you want solar, we can do that as well.
oh no, non sponsor advitising

www.essexcountycraftsmen.com
Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
9 Second Club

If anyone is doing anything around this area for HVAC weather it be residential or comercal you better call me. we do it all from a basic fart fan, dryer vent, to small or large homes to large office buildings, car dealer ships, ware houses etc etc etc we do geotherm from providing the equipment, digging the well, control wiring, power wire etc etc. if you want solar, we can do that as well.
oh no, non sponsor advitising

www.essexcountycraftsmen.com
Have you guys done a lot of geothermal?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
My parents just bought a wood pellet stove and they can't wait to try it out this winter. They just loaded up on enough wood pellets to get them through to next summer (five pallets worth).

Other options for home heating AND cooling would be for you to look into Geothermal Heating/Cooling. There is a company called Emcor in Meriden, CT that handles these projects (at least for businesses, not sure about residential). A great guy to speak with about it works for Connecticut Wells, Inc., a drilling company out of Bethlehem, CT. His name is Bill Prebeck.

Regarding the solar projects, one great company locally is Sunlight Solar Energy out of Milford, CT. There is a tech there whose name is Alex Fox who I've worked with. They've done a lot of residential projects. Solar is the way to go if you're looking for tax breaks and a 3-4 or so year payback (depending on your usage and if you have a good location for it).

There are also a few companies using Geothermal to produce electricity, although I think that market is still mostly commercial (they're pushing to make it economically viable for residential customers, as well, but I don't think they're there yet).
I love my pellet stoves I go through 2 pallets a year a whole 500.00 to heat my house for a year. But I still use oil to heat my water I'm looking for a way to heat my water through solar energy though.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Race your car!

Brad you can come put solar panels on my house... only if I can pay you in beer