Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Where is the best place to get a Bri-Mar trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the best place to get a Bri-Mar trailer?

I really like the Brimars, and there low dove tails. I've seen alot of lowered cars that can open there doors without taking the fenders off. However I've seen a wide range of prices for the 18 foot open deck. In the Washington DC area they are about 2800. After searching Ive seen guys get them for alot cheaper.

Also is it possible to transport a riding mower on a open trailer?

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The lawnmower may not work with an open deck.

I bought mine thru Limberger Trailers in Ellington CT, Josh was very helpful and the price was very fair.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:08 AM
9 Second Club

Got mine from Hillside in Frederick, full deck trailer. I haul all kinds of stuff on it besides the car. Kubota + ATV, 2 ATVs, lumber. I added a couple extra D-Rings to the sides, helps with multiple item on the trailer.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 AM
9 Second Club

TP trailers in PA had some really good prices.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Teching In

So if I want to haul other stuff I should get a full deck? Is it possible to lay boards in the open area of the trailer? I think the reason why I want an open deck is so I can get under the car if needed.

If you guys don't mind saying, how much did you all pay?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Teching In

What are the downsides of a wood deck vs steel? I just found a used 05 brimar with a wood deck.

thanks

on a second note, "off topic" why is my post count 0?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The wood deck trailer will weigh about twice as much, plus the wood warps, cracks, gets soaked with oil, looks cheesy, etc.etc.etc.

with a solid deck you can put anything on it (obviously)

With an open deck, if you wanted to say carry a lawnmower or put an atv on the trailer, you would have to have a couple brackets made and put something on the inside to narrow the gap between the ramps.

My 18 foot open deck Brimar is plenty long, if I were to load the car as far foreward as I can, There would be enough room to put an atv behind the car sideways if I wanted to. I'd have to make a set of tabs to put the ramps on the side of the trailer to drive it up on, and a ramp to go across where it sits, and it's still a thought, when I get a bigger truck that will be able to handle more tongue weight I may try loading the car up way foreward and see if one would fit, then get the fab guy to do a little modification, so I have a way of towing the car back.