Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I was able to get a few pics of new ride!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was able to get a few pics of new ride!

The one thing I don't have to spend money on is trying to make more power so now that it's sitting in a heated garage for the remainder of it's life I can concentrate on kepping it pretty
Attached Thumbnails I was able to get a few pics of new ride!-car.jpg   I was able to get a few pics of new ride!-car2.jpg   I was able to get a few pics of new ride!-car3.jpg   I was able to get a few pics of new ride!-car5.jpg   I was able to get a few pics of new ride!-car6.jpg  

Old 05-26-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

One mor of the motor.
Attached Thumbnails I was able to get a few pics of new ride!-car4.jpg  
Old 05-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks good, one thing though, please do something with that padding on the rollbar.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:02 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Looks good, one thing though, please do something with that padding on the rollbar.
took the words right out of my mouth lol

that and the flame theme gauges and shift ****...
Old 05-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Race your car!

I can live with the flame thing, it's a little high-schoolish, but it's not a total nightmare. That padding looks like an abortion gone wrong, with all the stuff that was done with that car and done the right way, I can't believe that padding was put on like that, I'd be ashamed to let anyone see that.

Please get soem of the legal SFI padding and put it on the rear main hoop by where your head can hit it, the side bars do not need any padding, neither do the rear bars, get that off of there.

Recoat that turbo housing too, and get all the loom off the -AN line, christ you spend cubic dollars on AN line for everything, show it off, don't hide it!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Congrats on a sick car. try to change the exhaust also, it just dosent look right out the back. you got a sweet looking as well as a fast as hell car. good luck and have fun.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car.

I agree that those tips look awkward, I would take them off the I pipe and just put a turn down in their place, no tips would give it a nice clean look, plus it would have the sleeper effect, nothing to tip anyone off as to the insane power this thing can put down.

Why is there plastic loom on nice braided lines anyway?

Your call on the flames.

Don't want to sound like I'm knocking it though, that is one of the baddest F bodies around, bar none.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

I'm going to do some changes, but the changes I have in mind is just appearance stuff. The engine and all running gear is top notch. I already bought a white 6-speed pattern ball to replace the flame one. I just like that old school appearance on the shift ****. I plan on coating the turbo as someone mentioned as well. I'm not sure the exhaust is all that bad though. SFI padding? I think that's what someone called it, where do you find that? The flame gauge background, well I'd of left that stock but not sure how hard they are to change. Like I said though just some cosmetics, and nothing big money. Unless you call the M/T dr's I plan on putting on the back big money,lol
Old 05-26-2008, 11:10 PM
8 second mod

jegs sells the padding.

the exhaust and flame thing i dont care for, the rest i dig. i love those rims and the car's color.

good luck with it
Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 AM
Race your car!

you can get the padding thru jegs or summit. The exhaust doesn't bother me, but having a badass car with 32 feet of an line hidden under cheap plastic loom, that doesn't seem right. The flame thing, your call. The padding though, that must go! Just par around your head and the passenger's head if you will have one in the car on a regular basis. The rear bars need no padding at all, neither do the down bars, cross bar, etc.etc.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would definitely take the loom off the lines so it can cut through all the other stuff when the engine vibrates (hence the reason it's there)Don't pull the turbo unless you really have to since it's a bitch to seal right.A good coating burns off too from what I found out.Sand/paint it in place.I would pull the roll bar padding since someone went nut's with duct tape.