90.00%
No
10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Looking at getting work done at harris speedworks *feedback anyone?*

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008 | 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Also forgot to mention that Mr. Harris himself is also a great guy to talk to about cars and he knows his stuff
Old 06-14-2008 | 06:32 PM
On The Tree

They did my cam install and i have nothing but good things to say. great place to get stuff done. very clean and professional. They did an awesome tune on my car no bucking or surging.
Old 06-16-2008 | 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stockerws6
I am interested in getting some work done there also. Who voted NO and can you tell us what the experience was?
No company makes 100% of their customers happy 100% of the time. It's a fact of life when running a business. Now if it was another site sponsor voting no, that would be a really dickless thing to do. Kind of like sending PMs to potential customers and talking a bunch of **** about other shops. It's been going on a lot in the Philadelphia area lately.
Old 06-16-2008 | 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

check out my spread in the new gm high tech they are the only shop to ever touch my car
Old 07-02-2008 | 11:22 AM
Launching!

Anyone ever have an engine built or installed by them? I am thinking of using them for that. I'm looking for a Professional, competent shop, not a bunch of kids hanging out type of place.
Old 07-02-2008 | 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

its not that kind of place...no one is allowed in the shop unless they just want to look at the facility. you wont be dissapointed.
Old 07-02-2008 | 01:42 PM
Launching!

Cool, I think I am going to go to their shop next week and check it out.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2008 | 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NJgunslinger

Thanks
Yeah, dude you won't regret it. you have a full Strano suspension why not join us @ thunderbolt(millville) in Aug or Oct in WV.
Old 07-02-2008 | 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by STRIPSTAR
Yeah, dude you won't regret it. you have a full Strano suspension why not join us @ thunderbolt(millville) in Aug or Oct in WV.
Whats going on there?
Old 07-02-2008 | 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

damn Dave....i cant get an invite? lol
Old 07-02-2008 | 07:49 PM
On The Tree

I have not had any work done to my car by them. I do everything I can myself. When I first got the call I called them up about tuning. I really can't remember who I talked to though. The guy talk me a lot of things about the LS1 and the computer b/s that goes with it. The price for a tune with dyno seemed low to me b/c of time spent. Let me know how you work out.
Old 07-03-2008 | 06:38 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone ever have an engine built or installed by them? I am thinking of using them for that. I'm looking for a Professional, competent shop, not a bunch of kids hanging out type of place.
I've had motor work done there on three different cars, and a motor swap done there too. No complaints. I don't think they currently build complete motors or short blocks.
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zger
I've had motor work done there on three different cars, and a motor swap done there too. No complaints. I don't think they currently build complete motors or short blocks.
lol, and I'm still waiting for that new 4th car to get a little dirty too.

We do build motors top to bottom for those interested. Most people think we're only about nitrous, but we really do it all.

Nick
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks

Shoot me a PM and we can scheduele you an appointment to discuss your needs.

Nick
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:56 AM
8 second mod

just for what its worth, my shop isnt really a shop its my garage, but its also a bunch of older kids hanging out, and ive put together some pretty fast cars.
not saying anything bad about the shop, just saying you shouldnt look at a name to build you somthing, but at what that person/shop has done to prove themself. weather its kids hanging out or the best sho in the world, a fast car is a fast car. ive seen shops all over the place that have not put out a car faster some of the cars ive done.

again not a hijack, just a little feed back from my experiance over the years

ps, we hang around and we drink beers.
Old 07-04-2008 | 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
just for what its worth, my shop isnt really a shop its my garage, but its also a bunch of older kids hanging out, and ive put together some pretty fast cars.
not saying anything bad about the shop, just saying you shouldnt look at a name to build you somthing, but at what that person/shop has done to prove themself. weather its kids hanging out or the best sho in the world, a fast car is a fast car. ive seen shops all over the place that have not put out a car faster some of the cars ive done.

again not a hijack, just a little feed back from my experiance over the years

ps, we hang around and we drink beers.
The Noyzee garage is the best shop around period Oh and the best bar
Old 07-04-2008 | 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
The Noyzee garage is the best shop around period Oh and the best bar
I'm sure they do great work and nothing against them but I would not feel comfortable leaving my car at a shop with a bunch of guys hanging around drinking. I would want a more professional environment. I am sure they know their stuff and I'm no prude when it comes to drinking, just IMO.
Old 07-04-2008 | 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TNTramair
damn Dave....i cant get an invite? lol
Haha, Damn dude you know you can come. Now that you have the black car that would be perfect for road racing.

Njgunslinger its one day open track events and the new Millville track is in our back yard
Old 07-04-2008 | 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Haha, Damn dude you know you can come. Now that you have the black car that would be perfect for road racing.

Njgunslinger its one day open track events and the new Millville track is in our back yard
yeah i heard from Nando you are hooked. give me a heads up next time you guys go.
Old 07-05-2008 | 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TNTramair
yeah i heard from Nando you are hooked. give me a heads up next time you guys go.
Hooked may be a stretch. im motivated to get the car to handle correctly and attend a few events when other guys i know go. A vette or viper would be a better choice if I were really serious about it. I still kept the stock springs and rear sway bar comes off easy then bolt the bigs and littlles and juice and attack 1/4s.

Next event is 8/5 in nj
https://www.pdadrivingschool.com/registration.php

remind the guys that i have the Mets/Phils tickets for late august. I will dif them out and send some to you.