Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Adding POWER to the heavy chevy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Adding POWER to the heavy chevy!!!

Ordered my PPE programmer. adds up to 225 HP

they have a pile of settings. 35hp,90 hp, 125 hp, 170hp, 200hp,225 hp and within a month or so should be an update for 300

with the few mods i have they say i can run the 125 no problem and the truck should run low 14's in 2wd. lol

good stuff.
he also said no worries on the 225 tune everyonce in a while. said his truck same as mine went 13.3 @ just under 100 mph in 4wd and he runs it all the time.

also say 3-5 MPG better on fuel which will put me at over 20 mpg avrage and around 16-18 towwing at 70-85 mph!!!

i am so glad i bought this truck.
im spending about $100 a week on fuel (keep in mind ive been away every weekend so far towing trailers, and boats)

i used to avrage around $200 per week

anyone looking for a truck dont turn your nose to the diesel, after owning mine i dont think i will ever own a gas truck again.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:08 PM
8 second mod

PS, i did the MBRP 4" dual exhaust with 5" tips last week, looks sick and isnt loud at all. cant tell if it added power, but they claim 30 HP and 30 foot pounds. after removing the muffler, i dont doubt if i got a good 20/20
Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Your going to be one of those guys at the street nights puking black smoke and embarrassing imports.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

exactly why im picking up a diesel. biodiesel, propane and nitrous injection. serious torque yet it will have better mpg and costs less.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

did you put a cold air kit on it yet, those seem to help ALOT
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

If any of you diesel Guys looking for diesel Performance or just looking to get better fuel milage.. Here are a few products we are a dealer for:

-Auto Meter
-AFE...Exhaust, Intake Systems
-ARP
-AEM
-ATS Performance..Turbos, Injection,Convertor/Transmissions, Propane systems,
-Air Dog/PureFlow Techologies
-Bully Dog
-BD Diesel Performance
-CFM Plus
-Dynomite Diesel Performance
-DiPricol Gauges
-Diablo
-Edge Products.. Programers, Injectors, Turbos
-Fass Fuel systems
-Fluiddampr
-Isspro Gauges
-Industrial Injection.. Manifolds, Injection Pumps, Injectors, Turbos
-MADS Electronics
-MPRP Exhaust
-Magnaflow Exhaust
-PMl
-PPE
-Quadzilla
-Stanadyne Fuel Additives
-Snow Performance
-South Bend
-Suncoast Transmissions
-Superchips
-TS Performance
-Titan Fuel Tanks
-T 304 exhaust Tips
-Van Aaken
-Vulcan Products

These are just a few of the companys that we deal with and are a distributor for. If any one is interested we will offer a 10% discount for the month of july.
We also offer price matching but will only offer this during a non special period.

Give us a call or PM 410-833-3713

*Closed for July 2 thru the 6th and will re open on the 7th of July*
Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 AM
8 second mod

crazy, not yet. im accually going to do just a K+N and an air box mod. im told they add about the same power and milage help as a $350 cold air kit.

the outlaw, i wish i had know this, i just ordered a ppe controller 2 days ago.
now that i know you sell all the stuff, i will be sure to contact you befor i buy anything.
i was accually thinking about a boost gauge. do you have anything that mounts in an easy good looking location that is pretty much plug and play for an 08 Chevy 2500? not a big fan of the pillar mount, i wanted somthing sleek
Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

The aeroforce interceptor gauge is set-up for D-max trucks it has a whole menu for them including boost..
also does real time play back of your 1/4 mile run so you can view all of the pcm readings, scans and clears DTC's ect,ect..

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/GMtech.html
Old 07-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love my diesel..... it gets terrible gas milage but it runs good....

its an 03 6.0 f-250. I have SCT Programmer, AFE stage 2 intake, MBRP 4 inch Turbo back, Accufab elbow, Suncoast trans and billet converter, and ARP Head studs. Thats it as far as performance goes...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Id do an EGT gauge too.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
8 second mod

well my programmer came in, but the friggin rain is killing me. rain every ******* day for the last 2 weeks. what the ****. and the weekend loks like ****
Old 07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Brad I'll be intrested to see waht the truck really gets for mileage. That's been the biggest debate is what they really get for gas mileage vs a gas truck.

With my commute to work now beign 7.5 miles one way, I drive so little I can go a solid 2+ weeks without getting gas, and that's going down to wallingford once to fill nitrosu bottles, so it's more then just back and forth to work.

Honestly, I have heard reports of 12, and some of 20, and that's a big difference. My thing is if I buy a new 3/4 or 1 ton gas vs diesel, what is the mileage difference between the 2, and how long is the added gas mileage gonna take to pay for the motor, keepign in mind the diesel's hold about twice as much oil so the maintenance is going to be more expensive.

I know the towing power difference is uncomparable, but with 10 or so trips to the track a year and 5 or 6 times of bringing the car here for this or that or whatever, I dunno if I can really justify the diesel at this point.

I'm already gonna do a 2wd the next time around becuase I thought about it and I haven't used/needed the 4wd in my truck more then 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years, all of which I should have/could have just stayed home.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Noyzee
crazy, not yet. im accually going to do just a K+N and an air box mod. im told they add about the same power and milage help as a $350 cold air kit.

the outlaw, i wish i had know this, i just ordered a ppe controller 2 days ago.
now that i know you sell all the stuff, i will be sure to contact you befor i buy anything.
i was accually thinking about a boost gauge. do you have anything that mounts in an easy good looking location that is pretty much plug and play for an 08 Chevy 2500? not a big fan of the pillar mount, i wanted somthing sleek
Noyzee..

TS Performance MPD Monitor & Heads Up Display

Works with or without aftermaket performance modules!
Optional Heads up Display allows user to select one feature at a time to be displayed on vehical's windshield. No more taking eyes off of the road to check your gauges. No more trying to find a spot so you can see your gauges or monitor. Switch Heads up features on the go.

Features: EGT's, Boost, Fuel Pressure, RPM's
Stores minimum and maximums of each feature.
Able to reset on the fly or before race or pull.
Adjustable brightness levels.

Let me know if this might interest you.. Works just like the heads up display in the corvette. Right now their is not a lot to be offered for guage mounts other than the A-Piller mounts.. I think the TS offers the best set-up right now for what your looking for..
Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

noyzee

you got any pics of your truck?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=JL ws-6;9666838]Brad I'll be intrested to see waht the truck really gets for mileage. That's been the biggest debate is what they really get for gas mileage vs a gas truck.

Not chevies but My 06 F250 LBRC with 5.4 GAS with 6 spd manual trans gets a consistent 11.0 MPG and my neighbors LBCC Diesel F250 auto gets a consistent 20 mpg. This is with both trucks empty. We both haul the same equip trailer with similar weight on it both MPG stay about the same.

Its Gonna really suck when Noyzee start running the 11.5 class with that thing.
It sucked bad enough getting beat by a ford but a Hauler will make me give up.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Teching In

How do diesels manage to get 200 hp out of just a tune?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Noyzee my buddy/boss at work has an 06 duramax and put the edge power programmer on it (same type of deal). It did make a BIG difference in MPG. He gets average of 22-23 on the highway at 55-60 mph and gets about 15-16 mpg on the interstate at 65 or under pulling his 10,000 cabin cruiser. Just an FYI. I think you will be very pleased with the increase. This is also with completelly stock airbox and exhaust. So you might see a hair higher with the free flowing stuff. Love the duramax.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
8 second mod

JL, the milage im getting is about double what i was getting.

my old truck did 9-10 mpg all around city/highway

old truck did 6-7 towing my car trailer

my new truck still barly broken it with just over 2000 miles (yes 2000 miles in 2 weeks lol) is getting 16-18 all around city/highway

towing my car trailer it was around 13-14 and thats befor the exhaust and the truck only had 300 miles on it befor towing.

like i said, no way would i buy gas again.

outlaw, do you have a link to that heads up thing?

blaster, no good pics i will try to get some tho soon if the rain stops.

ttop, its turbo. add boost add fuel and make power. thats it.

01fb.
i do have an MBRP filter back dual set up on the truck now, and im loving the hole package. hehe
Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow I didn't realize your old truck was that bad on gas. That thing was really bad, makes the 13 my little dodge gets look decent.

I will be rady to buy something about this time next year. I'm gonna look for a 2wd if I can find one, only thing I worry about is the power in the winter making it really bad in the snow....
Old 07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Wow I didn't realize your old truck was that bad on gas. That thing was really bad, makes the 13 my little dodge gets look decent.

I will be rady to buy something about this time next year. I'm gonna look for a 2wd if I can find one, only thing I worry about is the power in the winter making it really bad in the snow....
if i drove normal like a normal person i could get 12 mpg, but i dont, im guessing if i drove normal in the new truck i could see 20 no proble, but i dont. lol