Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason, You did great man, it was exciting to see someone from tech in the final 16. let us know if you need help next year, we can bring 15lbers or anthing else you need. We'll have a dedicated bottle opener crew member. Im sure there was a lot of pressure on you guys to get the car set back up for the next round. One of the small details always manages to slip by and bite you in the ***. You won some money and got to be on tv so you definitly won in that respect
Old 07-27-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Ohhh man.

Good showing from the Eastern Peeps!!!!!

Congrats JL
Old 07-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys....My pops was in the 16. Chris Ely. White 90 mustang notch. Lost to Jimmy C also. Years back I had a stang and had all my work done at Laroccas. He's a real nice guy. We talked to him and he even admitted to thinking he jumped. My dad swore up and down he did (jimmy knew my dad would have taken him) he was walking on him upstairs. Oh well...we'll be back. It was a good night with minimal headaches. It was sweet too B/C Denny Bell got in also (black 69 camaro) and his car and my dad's were built by the same engine builder (tommy from NO LIMIT PERFORMANCE...9.50 blue chevelle) and they both got in. Denny went out in the final 4

Too bad you didn't go all the way JL....would hve been nice to see a F-bod take home the win
Old 07-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Believe me Jared, had that bottle been on, I think I would have made it, just not meant to be I guess.

Thanks Bob, too bad you weren't there with your camera, you're like a asian tourist with that thing and never miss any of the good action!

Mike, I appreciate the offer. I think we had spoke via PM a little while back, if you would like to revisit that please shoot me another PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Believe me Jared, had that bottle been on, I think I would have made it, just not meant to be I guess.

Thanks Bob, too bad you weren't there with your camera, you're like a asian tourist with that thing and never miss any of the good action!

Mike, I appreciate the offer. I think we had spoke via PM a little while back, if you would like to revisit that please shoot me another PM.

I feel for ya with the bottle thing. I got picked at the mir pinks all out (16) and went up against the blue s10 (that won) and the nitrous in the bottle was bad. The shop we got it at had the same fill bottle for long time so when we pulled the bottle out the car it didnt even let out any whiteness all clear. Congrats on getting to the semies.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

I was at our Car Show on Sat- I don't think I can ever get into the show-scene!

I would have much more preferred to be shootin' pics of REAL hot-rods and race cars... not classic, wax-on-wax-off Mustangs!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Race your car!

Honestly Bob, the car show scene is what pushed me into racing. I got sick and tired of seeing the same cars, hearing the same stories, and what got me even more, was seeing the cars with the big huge engines and dyno sheets that were impressive, and then you ask them what does it run, and get the "I'd never race this car it's too nice" or the " It should run X "

I just got tired of the "it should" and the "if I were to" that you hear everytime I ask.

It's almost as bad as looking at a supra that makes 700 rwhp that runs in the 12's, it just got painful.

With Racing, it's run what it's got, no holding back, no dyno # bs, it's put up or shut up. That, and generally most guys will help each other out when needed, etc.etc.

Just a better scene then a bunch of yuppies that bought a car from someone for too much $ that's not worth 1/2 what they paid for it, know nothing about what they even have, and just know what it "should" do.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

i was there it was a great time. the crowd was giving JL a rough time. boos all around when they saw the break lights come on.
11 Second Club

JL- you hit the nail right on the head!!!!
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly Bob, the car show scene is what pushed me into racing. I got sick and tired of seeing the same cars, hearing the same stories, and what got me even more, was seeing the cars with the big huge engines and dyno sheets that were impressive, and then you ask them what does it run, and get the "I'd never race this car it's too nice" or the " It should run X "

I just got tired of the "it should" and the "if I were to" that you hear everytime I ask.

It's almost as bad as looking at a supra that makes 700 rwhp that runs in the 12's, it just got painful.

With Racing, it's run what it's got, no holding back, no dyno # bs, it's put up or shut up. That, and generally most guys will help each other out when needed, etc.etc.

Just a better scene then a bunch of yuppies that bought a car from someone for too much $ that's not worth 1/2 what they paid for it, know nothing about what they even have, and just know what it "should" do.
Thats exactly how I felt when I took my car to a car show this past saturday. It's pretty enough to do well but its just such a boring scene and I know if I go to enough of them, thats all I will see, the same car.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Race your car!

That's the thing, I went to a pile of them for the first couple years I had the car, and it just got boring.

The worst is the guys with a BBC chevelle, or vette and they won't race them becasue it will get "all dirty", and as they leave there's a puddle of oil underneath the car.

No thanks, I'll keep a race car, and go/do as much as I can without putting myself into debt.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could not agree more.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Race your car!

And people say I'm not all there LOL. More people I talk to, the more I find that feel the same way on this one.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every car show around me is the same people every week. Some are cool, most are snobs. There's a guy with a really nice hot rod truck with a blower the size of an LS1 and 20" wide tires. What's it run? "Don't know, never been to the track". I want to like car shows but every time I go to one it's sort of a let down.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Race your car!

Exactly.

Want to go to a cool car show, I know the best one.

Wednesday night test and tune. You will see a wide variety of cars, from nice ones to total shitboxes, and they all have one thing in common: You will know EXACTLY what they run when you leave if you watch long enough
Old 07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or at least go to a Nopi Show and check out all the bearly legal, foreign *****.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Or at least go to a Nopi Show and check out all the bearly legal, foreign *****.
That my friend is the only reason to go to them shows. I love my ugly *** camaro, its not what it looks like, its how it goes