Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

UFC saturday, anyone watch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracer X
The 2 chicks were the best! The Country fat-*** was a joke! He didn't have a chance of winning that fight at all.

Kimbo just got Totalled in his fight. I was laughing so hard when they stopped it. And if he did fight and beat Shamrock, that wouldn't have made any difference in what I thought of his abilities. Hopefully him and Shamrock call it quits, cause they both are washed up.
EXACTLY!

chicks were def the best fight
Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracer X
The 2 chicks were the best! The Country fat-*** was a joke! He didn't have a chance of winning that fight at all.

Kimbo just got Totalled in his fight. I was laughing so hard when they stopped it. And if he did fight and beat Shamrock, that wouldn't have made any difference in what I thought of his abilities. Hopefully him and Shamrock call it quits, cause they both are washed up.

kimbo isnt washed up. he never had any ability to start with.

yea, bas taught him well. come right at your opponent sqaure so he can kick and punch you lol.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said before Kimbo is a joke... and so is EliteXC.

Petruzelli: EliteXC 'didn't want me to take [Kimbo] down'
By Steve Cofield

Kimbo killer Seth Petruzelli did his first radio interview with The Monsters in Orlando and dropped a bombshell when he said that EliteXC bumped his pay to six figures but that the increase came with a stipulation:

"The promoters kinda hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and throw with him, they didn't want me to take him down. Let's just put it that way. It was worth my while to try and stand up punch him."

If this is true, it's terrible news for EliteXC as promoters have no business telling a fighter how to fight. It would mean that EliteXC was doing all it could to protect Kimbo against his big weakness: the ground game. In the end, it didn't matter because Kimbo is terrible on his feet as well. But imagine the reaction if Petruzelli never tried to take Kimbo down, lost the fight via KO and then let loose with this claim. The last thing the fight game needs is actual proof backing the daily fight-fixing claims that come from uninformed fans and media.

Yahoo! Sports spoke with Jared Shaw this afternoon, and the EliteXC VP said he didn't tell Petruzelli that he had to stand against Kimbo. But does that mean EliteXC Head of Operations Jeremy Lappen did?

This was a good interview aside from the borderline racist references to the "big black guy." You could accept the Kimbo "jokes" on any other show, but, with the Monster's history of racially insensitive remarks, they were walking a fine line.

Petruzelli said he knew that the fight was won when he saw Kimbo's pre-fight interview with CBS' Karyn Bryant. The former UFC fighter said Kimbo looked nervous. Petruzelli told Kimbo in the ring that he would do a rematch to which Kimbo basically said no thanks. He also said that he toned down his victory celebration because he thought "he might get shot" moments after the win in the area. Petruzelli mentioned that his manager was getting death threats in the aftermath.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw when the fight ended that Kimbo started going after the ref. Of course they turned the cameras away quickly so as not to show that.

Who knows if Kimbo would have been able to recover and continue fighting, but the fact is, he dropped his hands laying on his back and there was nothing stopping Petruzelli from raining punches down on him.

I read some of the Kimbo fans comments on youtube about him being a slow starter in the ring etc and that he would have come back and beaten Petruzelli, but the fact is, that never happened because Kimbo ended up on his back in a daze.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I saw when the fight ended that Kimbo started going after the ref. Of course they turned the cameras away quickly so as not to show that.

Who knows if Kimbo would have been able to recover and continue fighting, but the fact is, he dropped his hands laying on his back and there was nothing stopping Petruzelli from raining punches down on him.

I read some of the Kimbo fans comments on youtube about him being a slow starter in the ring etc and that he would have come back and beaten Petruzelli, but the fact is, that never happened because Kimbo ended up on his back in a daze.
he got fucked up, thats all. the quality of the vid sucks, but either way he got hit, fell and was out. thats that
Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Hey Noyzee......."On Saturday, Oct. 4, UFC 86 will make its basic cable television premiere. The show, which originally aired on pay-per-view on July 5, was headlined by Forrest Griffin’s dramatic decision upset over Quinton “Rampage” Jackson for the UFC light heavyweight title."
Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Jokeman
Hey Noyzee......."On Saturday, Oct. 4, UFC 86 will make its basic cable television premiere. The show, which originally aired on pay-per-view on July 5, was headlined by Forrest Griffin’s dramatic decision upset over Quinton “Rampage” Jackson for the UFC light heavyweight title."
i saw that the other day. either way my boy still whooped ***
Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i saw that the other day. either way my boy still whooped ***
Yup!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Did anyone ever see the fight with Seth vs Bob Sapp?

Seth knocked him out
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Kimbo sucked. Got all this money, to basically not be put in harms way and still lost. But if he was smart with his money, he took Elite XC to the cleaners while riding all the hype!! So in the end, he has the last laugh. Hopefully he put enough aside to live the good life without ever having to fight again. I doubt any hardcore MMA Fan or Fighter will miss him. I think he is one of the many fighters that actually made out in this deal, after seeing so many other great fighters getting screwed over, MMA/Boxing or otherwise.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Supposedly he was making around $150-$200k per fight. Definitely good money, but probably not enough to live his life on.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Supposedly he was making around $150-$200k per fight. Definitely good money, but probably not enough to live his life on.
i heard he got a million dollars for 4 fights. thats more than hed ever make in his lifetime.

i completely believe petruzzelli. theyve been carrying that hump and protecting him so this doesnt surprise me.

they deserve to go under.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

I'll admit Kimbo looked terrible in that fight. I for one think he can learn something from Bas Rutten when he's 34, but hey he earns his money punching not figuring out to submit a guy while he's still standing. Kimbo can woop just about anybody as long as the fight stays on the feet and Kimbo is thinking about knocking their teeth out,lol. Lesson learned for Kimbo is to stay with what you know.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fred99Z28
Kimbo can woop just about anybody as long as the fight stays on the feet and Kimbo is thinking about knocking their teeth out,lol. Lesson learned for Kimbo is to stay with what you know.
Huh? Did you watch the fight... he walked forward and got dropped by a weak jab from a guy that he out weighed by 30 pounds who's not known to be a stong striker. Hardly sound like someone who can "woop just about anybody as long as it stays on the feet". That guy has never fought anyone with any real talent. If he's so good on his feet he should jump into a boxing ring... you know anyone, anywhere...blah, blah.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Huh? Did you watch the fight... he walked forward and got dropped by a weak jab from a guy that he out weighed by 30 pounds who's not known to be a stong striker. Hardly sound like someone who can "woop just about anybody as long as it stays on the feet". That guy has never fought anyone with any real talent. If he's so good on his feet he should jump into a boxing ring... you know anyone, anywhere...blah, blah.

he'll fight anyone, anywhere as long as they dont,grab,kick or take him down lol.

if hes serious about being a descent fighter he'll forget everything he knows and find a good mma school in s. fla. but i dont think hes smart enough.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Let's back up, the guy who hit him was a previous Karate champ (world or usa)? Full contact no? Who cares he lost to one bad azz dude. How would you like to fight Kimbo?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let's back up, the guy who hit him was a previous Karate champ (world or usa)? Full contact no? Who cares he lost to one bad azz dude. How would you like to fight Kimbo?

he was a marginal UFC fighter that was giving 30 lbs to kimbo and took him out with a front kick and jab as he was going backwards lol.

the guy was hardly a badass. a badass(someone like fedor or couture) wouldve fucked him up bad.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude kimbo sux end of story
Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG, Fred, you CANNOT be serious. What do you think will happen if they match him against Rampage? He'd put him in a coma. And he'd be giving up 30 pounds there too.

If they match him against any LEGIT heavy weights, he'll get his skull broken.

Why do you think UFC didn't want him? CAUSE HE'S A JOKE!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 AM
9 Second Club

I love how his fan boys always say "you fight him". Give me a ******* break... It's a sport, should I not comment on football because I wouldn't try to tackle Ray Lewis? Weak argument.

Kimbo has #1 never fought anyone who would even come close to being a top fighter. #2 Being a previous "Karate" champ doesn't mean **** in MMA, if you want people to think your "bad ***"... fight someone who has already proven themselves. I'll give the guy credit for taking the fight with Kimbo literally last minute, but I highly doubt anyone who has been fighting professionally has any fear of Kimbo.

EliteXC is a joke and so is Kimbo... I can't believe people buy into the hype when neither the organization or the guy has earned it. I'm guessing these people are also closet WWF fans.

Quick Reply: UFC saturday, anyone watch?