Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

JRE Track Rental Sept. 19th LOOKING GREAT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Fire jacket from summit, have it overnighted here.... no excuse LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Fire jacket from summit, have it overnighted here.... no excuse LOL

Yea, I need to be fitted for one lol!

We are all going back up for October, my Bro had a issue w/ Ted last week and he isnt going so I have some grudge matches to race!! Ron will be ready and my bro too.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Race your car!

You will need a big one, I wear a 2x and it's a little short lenth wise... I wish they made a 2xtall Without custom ordering one, the next time I will probably go with a 3x just so it's longer.

You're gonna have to have one made my friend, I'm sorry to say.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

You will need a big one, I wear a 2x and it's a little short lenth wise... I wish they made a 2xtall Without custom ordering one, the next time I will probably go with a 3x just so it's longer.

You're gonna have to have one made my friend, I'm sorry to say.
Yea, I know...
Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Race your car!

I'd even like to have one taylored to fit, I worry that the 3x would be like wearing a tent with arms that are too long, but the thing still wouldn't be long enough.

I could probably wear a 1x, if the arms and the coat itself were long enough.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

I knew it! Glad to see that some of you are going up. I'll be there as well. I could only get another STi to go with me, sorry no f-bods or vettes comming with me this time.

I can't wait. This will be my first time in the 07.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BSMachine...i know a place where you can get a fire jacket that will fit and not break the bank....I will shoot ya a link when i get a second
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Race your car!

Chef shoot me a call today @ work, lemme know what your plans are.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Agreed.

But like he said there isnt a point of bringing a car up that isnt ready, but then again there was time.

I think if he wanted to go, he wanted to bring EVERYTHING, and I think he doesnt have a fire jacket....
Well I know he wants to get it "totally" setup, but he said last night that he really doesn't want to take it again without the line lock because he's sick of swapping clutches in it. And I don't blame him, considering I've helped him with the last couple he's put in there. But I personally just can't turn down a Friday rental day with awesome weather.

If there is no strong headwind, I'm really shooting for an 11.8 @ 117 barring any issues. Like I said, I think the limiter bump will help me out a little, but I'm not sure how much the bit of extra weight in the front will hurt since I'm keeping the 17s on the front instead of the 16s. They're not chrome, so I don't think it's TOO bad of a weight difference.

Originally Posted by MaSTi
I knew it! Glad to see that some of you are going up. I'll be there as well. I could only get another STi to go with me, sorry no f-bods or vettes comming with me this time.

I can't wait. This will be my first time in the 07.
Refresh my memory on your car and mods. I can't remember. And I'll see you up there!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Race your car!

I bet the rims don't even make a difference to be honest, the ones you had on the car last time, if ya put one of those on tha scale and one of your stock ones it would be a wash.

Ya need to get some bigger weight stuff out of the car, and a set of shocks on it, and probably a better swaybar and then you will really see some improvments. If you're willing, before the next time you run the car I think you could get at least 75 lbs out of the car if you're willing to do the work/take the time and make a couple small sacrifices.

I honestly think that with the power you are making right now, and the right things done you could get that car alot closer to a 10 second pass then ya think.

When you're ready to really make that car move, and have some $ to spend lemme know and we'll get that thing running a #, with no more power then it already makes
Old 09-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Well I know he wants to get it "totally" setup, but he said last night that he really doesn't want to take it again without the line lock because he's sick of swapping clutches in it. And I don't blame him, considering I've helped him with the last couple he's put in there. But I personally just can't turn down a Friday rental day with awesome weather.

If there is no strong headwind, I'm really shooting for an 11.8 @ 117 barring any issues. Like I said, I think the limiter bump will help me out a little, but I'm not sure how much the bit of extra weight in the front will hurt since I'm keeping the 17s on the front instead of the 16s. They're not chrome, so I don't think it's TOO bad of a weight difference.

Refresh my memory on your car and mods. I can't remember. And I'll see you up there!

Well since the last time we talked, I ended up trading in my old STi for a new one. Last time I had a fairly well modded 04, now I've got a stg2 07. The car as it sits now is without a tune, so I'm not expecting much. I havn't taken this one to the track yet so I have no clue where she'll be time wise. With my pathetic driving skills, I'm just praying for mid to low 13s. I'll be extatic if I break into the 12s(which is possible on just a stock STi......but I'm awful at shifting LOL). I'll see you up there! ......Joe right?
Old 09-18-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Well since the last time we talked, I ended up trading in my old STi for a new one. Last time I had a fairly well modded 04, now I've got a stg2 07. The car as it sits now is without a tune, so I'm not expecting much. I havn't taken this one to the track yet so I have no clue where she'll be time wise. With my pathetic driving skills, I'm just praying for mid to low 13s. I'll be extatic if I break into the 12s(which is possible on just a stock STi......but I'm awful at shifting LOL). I'll see you up there! ......Joe right?
Nice! Joe is correct, sir. I'll see you tomorrow!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Hey guys,
Nice meeting all of ya!! I had a blast today, but got nervous before I left. I ended up geting smoke comming out of my tail pipe, which I thought was due to a blown turbo. I'm still gonna check it out, but I think it was due to running so rich....that and my car wasn't used to taking that kinda beating!! LOL The best I could do was a 13.1@106 with a 1.7 60tf. If we didn't have to wait for that stupid @ss GT500 I probably could have gotten into the 12s. After the first two runs, the temp started to kill us 4cyl turbo-ed cars.

Well, I guess I can't complain, so thanks for saying hi and I'll see ya out there!

-Derek
Old 09-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Internet Mechanic

Hey guys,
Nice meeting all of ya!! I had a blast today, but got nervous before I left. I ended up geting smoke comming out of my tail pipe, which I thought was due to a blown turbo. I'm still gonna check it out, but I think it was due to running so rich....that and my car wasn't used to taking that kinda beating!! LOL The best I could do was a 13.1@106 with a 1.7 60tf. If we didn't have to wait for that stupid @ss GT500 I probably could have gotten into the 12s. After the first two runs, the temp started to kill us 4cyl turbo-ed cars.

Well, I guess I can't complain, so thanks for saying hi and I'll see ya out there!

-Derek
Hey Derek Nice meeting yea. Sorry I was so busy trying to get my **** to run a #.

We will do it again in the spring!!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

-Derek

nice meeting you bro, ill have to check out the car next time.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for having me guys it was a blast, have to do it again in the spring
Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Race your car!

Bill, nice meeting you today, you did pretty good today for what you've got done to the car, a little work and you could really get that car to pick up

I think just about everyone ran new bests today, the elusive 9.4x has escaped me again, did get a little closer today though with a 9.55 @ 141.58, I was able to get the 60 foot back into the 1.3's on the last run, but it just didn't do anything any better anywhere else so it didn't capitolize on it.

I can now honestly say, that at the current weight/tuneup, there really isn't much left, this is about all the car's got.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Bill, nice meeting you today, you did pretty good today for what you've got done to the car, a little work and you could really get that car to pick up

I think just about everyone ran new bests today, the elusive 9.4x has escaped me again, did get a little closer today though with a 9.55 @ 141.58, I was able to get the 60 foot back into the 1.3's on the last run, but it just didn't do anything any better anywhere else so it didn't capitolize on it.

I can now honestly say, that at the current weight/tuneup, there really isn't much left, this is about all the car's got.
More NITROUS!!!!!

Hey, did you ever find that sparkplug??? That thing was freakin gone.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
More NITROUS!!!!!

Hey, did you ever find that sparkplug??? That thing was freakin gone.
lol yup it came out when the wheels came down after the launch, the track guy handed it to me
Old 09-20-2008, 12:52 PM

It was a great day for racing for sure, i really got a bug to race my car now i think i am gonna get to the track during the next month a couple of times and get some badly needed seat time, with both the new MT ET Drag radials i just bought and the slicks.
Time to see what my 96k mile ws6 has got left in her