Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope this silences all the morons here in Philly that actually think the Eagles are gonna be better with Kolb playin QB....are ya ****** kidding me??? Mcnabb needs to play under a differant coach...Andy Reid is the biggest joke of the league right now. he better get the boot after this year...im sick of his ****! Pull your start QB out of a game when your only down by 5 points....GREAT ****** CALL ANDY!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u expect to keep him in after 2 INTs and a fumble in the first quarter... mcnabb needs to be done reid needs to be done-- pretty soon defense is gonna stop caring
Old 11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by phillyz28
did u expect to keep him in after 2 INTs and a fumble in the first quarter... mcnabb needs to be done reid needs to be done-- pretty soon defense is gonna stop caring
yeah cause we have a stud QB waiting in the weeds for his time...are you kidding?? did Kolb do any better??? 73 yards and 2 ints....a QB rating of 16.5?? please!! Mcnabb gives the team their best chance to win period. its not Mcnabb's fault all the time....he cant run the routes...he doesnt call the plays....he cant throw the ball than catch it himself. alot of his throws hes tryin to hard to thread the needle and gets picked....and thats cause the receivers cant get open. its just a bad situation all around but you cant put the blame on Mcnabb....with the exception of 1 season, he's never had a #1 receiver....that 1 exception, he was having a career season...whats that tell ya??
im also not saying he's the answer....but for christ sake...Kevin Kolb???? he looked horrible.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

I'm not saying anything like that..

i def dont think kolb is the answer -- he is terrible and i'm not putting the blame solely on mcnabb -- its hard to lose a game when u aren't playing. I put some blame on the play calling, i think we need a healthy back to start

what i was saying was that mcnabb was not doing a good job -- if u have a backup quarterback and ur starter came into the game with a starting performance that bad, why not give the backup a try. i feel too much pressure is placed on mcnabb and for a while i thought the coaches saw him as an almight playmaker, when mcnabb was hurt and we had garcia, the play calling changed and it was more effective IMO. we need work on the run game to convert the 3nd and shorts to start.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

some kid prolly won a contest and is now the offensive play caller for this team -- absolute bullshit
I think some kid could call the plays better than Andy Reid and his team. Give a kid some plays from Madden and he could probably win out.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

I don't have a problem with Kolb coming in. I have a problem with the play calling. 1st and goal from the 3...QB sneak..ok. 2nd and goal from the 6 inch line and you try a ******* PLAY ACTION play? W-T-F???

I just don't get it, I know the Eagles short yardage game is putrid but Reid just can't get away from the passing...it's pathetic.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Restricted User

FIRST - they need to change up their offensive play calling. It's horrific. Whether it's Reid, Mohrningweg, or someone else entirely, that person needs to be relieved of that duty...or fired. This is the number one problem that the Eagles have.

THEN - they need to start Kolb for a few games now. Either he'll settle down and start developing, or they'll realize he was a waste of time, and MAYBE he'll give McNabb a reality check and make him realize that his job is no longer guaranteed in Philly. Then put McNabb back in for the last couple games and see what happens...if he rocks, keep him one more season...if not...get rid of him and Kolb and go shopping. IF Kolb does show promise, then ditch McNabb in the off-season and devote the 09 season to developing Kolb.

Fix these two issues, and Philly will have a championship team...they've got two good backs - one is arguably the best in the league right now. They've got some great receivers...look at DeSean Jackson...he's a solid candidate for rookie of the year and nominated for the Pro Bowl in three different positions. The Special Teams issues are finally fixed, and the defense is playing well. All that's missing is a reliable QB, and some guts on the other side of the radio.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
FIRST - they need to change up their offensive play calling. It's horrific. Whether it's Reid, Mohrningweg, or someone else entirely, that person needs to be relieved of that duty...or fired. This is the number one problem that the Eagles have.

THEN - they need to start Kolb for a few games now. Either he'll settle down and start developing, or they'll realize he was a waste of time, and MAYBE he'll give McNabb a reality check and make him realize that his job is no longer guaranteed in Philly. Then put McNabb back in for the last couple games and see what happens...if he rocks, keep him one more season...if not...get rid of him and Kolb and go shopping. IF Kolb does show promise, then ditch McNabb in the off-season and devote the 09 season to developing Kolb.

Fix these two issues, and Philly will have a championship team...they've got two good backs - one is arguably the best in the league right now. They've got some great receivers...look at DeSean Jackson...he's a solid candidate for rookie of the year and nominated for the Pro Bowl in three different positions. The Special Teams issues are finally fixed, and the defense is playing well. All that's missing is a reliable QB, and some guts on the other side of the radio.
i agree, well said.. i like westbrooke but i think there needs to be a stronger power back for short yardage
Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dallas sucks, that is all -- oh and TO and Romo are both homos

mcnabb needs to be done reid needs to be done-- pretty soon defense is gonna stop caring
You started talking **** a little too soon into the season
Old 11-24-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

blah blah blah -- i still think they are homos
Old 11-24-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

i still think they are homos
Then they should be embraced in a gay friendly city like Philly.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree, well said.. i like westbrooke but i think there needs to be a stronger power back for short yardage
Yup. I'm thinking we suit up Andy Reid for the next game. No one is gonna tackle his fat dumb ***. He's worth more as a full-back than a head coach.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

the problem here isnt the runningback...its the offensive line...they get absolutely no penatration and get manhandled by defenses...which is said cause they are the 2nd biggest in the league. Jean-gillis is the worst lineman yet...he gets beat like he stole something on every down. not to mention...the Fullback sucks even worse. he misses blocks like a highschooler.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

I'm a Giant fan but oddly enough I do like some players on the Eagle's. Dawkins is my favorite on that team-although I think he played a "bit" dirty the last time the Giants played them, anyway.............
Thing that I noticed that particularly bothered me about McNabb yesterday is that he's always smiling on the field, like he's not taking it seriously.
Guy throws 2 pics and fumble's one away and he's friggin' smiling.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 325trooper
You started talking **** a little too soon into the season
But that doesn't make him wrong.

About Dallas, that is. Their season is shot too.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

About Dallas, that is. Their season is shot too.
Anyone who calls a 7-4 record and tied for second place in the division coming off a strong win as a shot season doesn't know the game of football. Don't let emotion get in the way of rational thought. The Giants were 7-4 this time last year
Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Anyone who calls a 7-4 record and tied for second place in the division coming off a strong win as a shot season doesn't know the game of football. Don't let emotion get in the way of rational thought. The Giants were 7-4 this time last year
Are you kidding me? Comparing Dallas to the Giants? Give me a break.

The Giants are a Juggernaut this year...Dallas has half their wins by pure luck shots. Had a handful of plays gone differently, they'd be 4-7. You can't say that about the Giants...not by any stretch.

Also...when was Dallas' last playoff win? That says it all. Before they can think about the Super Bowl, they need to figure out how to win a game when it really matters. They haven't been able to do that in over a decade, and it's not going to change this year. Romo is not the next Aikman, and will not carry this team. Instead the egotistic mentality of all the big name players will tear the team apart.

I'm tired of hearing this bullshit...it's the same thing every year...all season long we hear about the "Super Bowl Champion Dallas team", and every year they blow it in the playoffs. It was the EXACT SAME TEAM that did it the past two years...they'll do it again this year...IF they're lucky enough to even get that chance.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you kidding me? Comparing Dallas to the Giants? Give me a break.
Comparing a team who was 7-4 one year ago, finishing 10-6 and everyone saying they weren't going anywhere to a team that is 7-4 this year after missing the starting QB for a month? No, big guy, I'm not kidding you. Anyone who says at this moment that the season is shot doesn't know the game of football. The OP started talking **** a little too soon, we see what he looks like now with his team going down in flames, and the same applies to you.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 AM
12 Second Club

You're right, the Cowboys have a shot to make the playoffs just like anyone else...but playoff wins are hard to come by in Dallas. Philly fans can be ******** most of the time but Cowboy fans are downright delusional when it comes to their team. They also forget history. Like Blakbird said, in order to dream Super Bowl the team needs to learn how to actually win a playoff game first
Old 11-25-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
You're right, the Cowboys have a shot to make the playoffs just like anyone else...but playoff wins are hard to come by in Dallas. Philly fans can be ******** most of the time but Cowboy fans are downright delusional when it comes to their team. They also forget history. Like Blakbird said, in order to dream Super Bowl the team needs to learn how to actually win a playoff game first
So because they haven't won a playoff game yet (only the superbowl matters) they are now 'finished" at 7-4?