Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did I say they were finished? In fact go read my first line, I said they have a shot just like anyone else...however you're comparing them to last year's Giants who won the Super Bowl. My point is the team hasn't won a playoff game in a decade, comparing them to a team that won the Super Bowl is delusional. If they can actually win a playoff game then I'd consider them a contender, until then they're regular season studs which still gets you an early tee-time.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
Where did I say they were finished? In fact go read my first line, I said they have a shot just like anyone else...however you're comparing them to last year's Giants who won the Super Bowl.
Exactly how were the Giants different one year ago compared to Dallas right now? last I checked, the Superbowl they won was last feb, not last November when they were 7-4 hoping to get a wildcard slot. Please clarify.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Exactly how were the Giants different one year ago compared to Dallas right now? last I checked, the Superbowl they won was last feb, not last November when they were 7-4 hoping to get a wildcard slot. Please clarify.
I'll field that one...the Giants have made regular playoff appearances over the last decade. They've even won some playoff games. I know that's a foreign concept to a Dallas fan, but then again, when you think Dallas is the only team in the NFL, you tend to miss alot.

Also, the Giants were working in a much easier Division, and Conference even. They were never really out of playoff contention. Right now Dallas sits two spots out of the playoffs. Looking at the teams that are in their way - Carolina, Washington, and Atlanta, and the fact that they don't play any of these teams for the remainder of this season, means it's going to be damn hard to advance. Basically, if they lose ONE MORE game, they're cooked. Considering that they still have to play NYG and Pitt, at least one more loss (probably two) is all but guaranteed.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Ok, the Giants can win playoff games, the Cowboys can't. It doesn't get any clearer than that.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, the Giants can win playoff games, the Cowboys can't. It doesn't get any clearer than that.
One year ago today the Giants had gone 6 years without a playoff win, and lost in the wild card game twice with Eli. You don't know much about football if you think I'm not making a valid comparison.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
I'll field that one...the Giants have made regular playoff appearances over the last decade. They've even won some playoff games. I know that's a foreign concept to a Dallas fan, but then again, when you think Dallas is the only team in the NFL, you tend to miss alot.

Also, the Giants were working in a much easier Division, and Conference even. They were never really out of playoff contention. Right now Dallas sits two spots out of the playoffs. Looking at the teams that are in their way - Carolina, Washington, and Atlanta, and the fact that they don't play any of these teams for the remainder of this season, means it's going to be damn hard to advance. Basically, if they lose ONE MORE game, they're cooked. Considering that they still have to play NYG and Pitt, at least one more loss (probably two) is all but guaranteed.
You said Dallas was "finished". Nothing in the above rambling backs that up.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

...and you're the all knowing God? Please. The Cowboys have had "good" teams for the last few years that were supposed to go all the way only to fall flat on their faces. NO ONE expected the Giants to do jack squat so your comparison is a moot point. The Giants didn't have good teams either up until last year.

I'm still failing to see the connection here other than both teams were 7-4 at this point in the season. Like I said, until the Cowboys win a playoff game(and I don't mean on XBox 360) they're not a contender in my book. They're regular season heroes which gets you nothing.

Could they win a Super Bowl? Sure, any team that reaches the post season has a shot...I just don't see it happening with the Cowboys until they can get that first win under their belt.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Restricted User

One year ago today the Giants had gone 6 years without a playoff win, and lost in the wild card game twice with Eli. You don't know much about football if you think I'm not making a valid comparison.
He's right, you're wrong. Dallas has gone almost TWICE as long without a playoff win, and has also made far less appearances in the playoffs.

Giants have a phenomenal defense, great ground game and a passing attack that complements. Dallas has a below average defense, an OK ground game and a spastic pass offense - they're on one week and off the next.

That's not even getting into the fundamental differences in the teams' schemes.

Just give it up, it's not a valid comparison. The Giants are contenders, the Cowboys have a long tough road back to greatness. One that's not ending anytime soon.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still failing to see the connection here other than both teams were 7-4 at this point in the season...............
........ and had gone years without a playoff win with both starting qbs' having lost two each. You missed that part.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

........ and had gone years without a playoff win with both starting qbs' having lost two each. You missed that part.
Nope, didn't miss that part. You're talking two entirely different teams IMO. Also, Eli>Romo.

If you want to keep thinking that the Cowboys somehow have this mystical shot because they have the same record as last years champs then go for it...that just proves how much YOU don't know football.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Restricted User

So this is your sole criteria?

If that's the case, you are missing three other teams that qualify. Baltimore, Washington and Atlanta all fit your criteria then. So according to you, all of these teams are destined for the Super Bowl? Or am I wrong...please remind me what your point is. According to you, NYG, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, and Atlanta are all in the same place right now...so what makes you think Dallas has a shot in hell at the Super Bowl?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Dallas sucks, they are "dyno queens" to relate to this website. Big numbers in the Reg Season, but when it's on the line, they bog down and run slow....

Eagles are my team, but I'm considering the switch to Detroit
Old 11-25-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nope, didn't miss that part. You're talking two entirely different teams IMO. Also, Eli>Romo.
So the only single difference between both teams one year apart that you can post about is the quarterback. You can't refute anything I said, because we both know I made a valid comparison. How about we go even further? What was everyone saying about Eli one year ago? I think we both know the answer to that as well

If you want to keep thinking that the Cowboys somehow have this mystical shot because they have the same record as last years champs then go for it...that just proves how much YOU don't know football.
Any team that is not out of the playoff picture has a shot, as history proved last season. And when you're talking about a team that is coming on stronger you look really ignorant. Does anyone in the northeast know the game of football?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Restricted User

Any team that is not out of the playoff picture has a shot, as history proved last season. And when you're talking about a team that is coming on stronger you look really ignorant. Does anyone in the northeast know the game of football?
NO WE DON'T...PLEASE TEACH US.

My god, you really are a complete tool.

My wife is a huge Dallas fan and as ignorant as they come (which is quite a feat considering the company), but you are making her look like a genius right now.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you want to keep thinking that the Cowboys somehow have this mystical shot
You're right, the Cowboys have a shot to make the playoffs just like anyone else
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
My god, you really are a complete tool.
You just lost the argument, tough guy.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

So the only single difference between both teams one year apart that you can post about is the quarterback. You can't refute anything I said, because we both know I made a valid comparison. How about we go even further? What was everyone saying about Eli one year ago? I think we both know the answer to that as well

Every point I'll try to refute will be answered in some lame comeback, why bother.

You're still missing MY point, Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade, you can have GREAT regular seasons but it doesn't mean jack crap. It doesn't matter if Romo throws for 12,000 yards this year and T.O. catches 87 TD's...if they can't execute in the playoffs what does it matter? You can try to use history and past seasons to prove your point...history proves my point the best. No playoff wins=regular season winners.

You can make all of the comparisons with the Giants you want. Two different teams, different seasons, different schedules, different teams in the running. You keep hanging your hat on ANOTHER teams accomplishments. It's almost like the Giants of last year are giving you hope that Dallas will follow suit. Shouldn't the PLAYERS on DALLAS be giving you hope?

EDIT: For the record I don't "hate" Dallas, yes I'm an Eagles fan and yes I dislike every team in the rest of the division but that doesn't mean I can't give credit where credit is due. Right now the Cowboys are nobodies, if they can squeak into the playoffs and actually win a game then they get my respect and I'll give them a chance. Until then they're nothing more than regular season performers.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

I think you are forgetting to mention something extremely relevant here. Last year the NFC was not doing very good in interleague play. This resulted in a lot of teams with .500 records and below. Take a look this year and you'll see a huge difference. The NFC is doing much better in interleague play and there are a bunch of teams with healthy records. 6-5 last year gave you a great chance at the wild card, but not this year. Too many better records compared to last year.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Every point I'll try to refute will be answered in some lame comeback, why bother.

You're still missing MY point, Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade, you can have GREAT regular seasons but it doesn't mean jack crap. It doesn't matter if Romo throws for 12,000 yards this year and T.O. catches 87 TD's...if they can't execute in the playoffs what does it matter? You can try to use history and past seasons to prove your point...history proves my point the best. No playoff wins=regular season winners.

You can make all of the comparisons with the Giants you want. Two different teams, different seasons, different schedules, different teams in the running. You keep hanging your hat on ANOTHER teams accomplishments. It's almost like the Giants of last year are giving you hope that Dallas will follow suit. Shouldn't the PLAYERS on DALLAS be giving you hope?

EDIT: For the record I don't "hate" Dallas, yes I'm an Eagles fan and yes I dislike every team in the rest of the division but that doesn't mean I can't give credit where credit is due. Right now the Cowboys are nobodies, if they can squeak into the playoffs and actually win a game then they get my respect and I'll give them a chance. Until then they're nothing more than regular season performers.
Jesus Christ dude. I never said Dallas was going to the Superbowl. I didn't even say they were going to win a playoff game. I responded to the individual who said they were "finished". And I made a valid comparison.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dankl
I think you are forgetting to mention something extremely relevant here. Last year the NFC was not doing very good in interleague play. This resulted in a lot of teams with .500 records and below. Take a look this year and you'll see a huge difference. The NFC is doing much better in interleague play and there are a bunch of teams with healthy records. 6-5 last year gave you a great chance at the wild card, but not this year. Too many better records compared to last year.
Yeah? And? You don't seem to be aware of how many games are still left. A team can be 10-1 right now and fall apart in december. Just ask this Dallas fan.