Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 325trooper
And I said it's a fact that they aren't. And I am correct as we both know.
The sky is blue. I'm correct and you know it. What does it matter? Nothing at all, because just like your statement, I wasn't arguing that.

See, the difference between us is you are making predictions and I am posting a fact.
This is true. Are either of us wrong? No. I have my opinion, you have yours. Any idiot can look at facts and restate them. It takes actual thought to have meaningful opinions. I believe I am right, and I am confident that I will be proven right in the coming weeks. I've said nothing outside of that at any point in this thread.

When you make predictions with a quarter of the season left and teams a game apart in the standings, you tend to end up looking stupid. I could come in here with my head inflated like yours and predict Dallas will blow out Philly and call McNabb a homo and swear the Steelers will lose to Dallas because their defense isn't good enough like Steve Mariucci did yesterday. But I'm not going to to that. I'll just say my team isn't "finished". The good thing is there is no chance the ESPN will ever ask you for a job with your limited knowledge of the game.
Stupid people end up looking stupid. Smart people end up being proven right. Your ability to tell those two types apart is currently hindered by your bias towards dallas. Or maybe you are the stupid one. I can't say at this point, and I won't waste any more of this thread with my opinion on that subject.

I wouldn't disagree with you about McNabb...though i'll admit it's not the most accurate description...has-been would be more accurate if you ask me. Homo works best with Romo cause he looks the part and his name rhymes with it.

But you are entitled to your opinions as I am mine, and I will state mine whether you like them or not. Romo does not perform well against a good pass rush, Philly and NYG have proven this time and time again. The Steelers defense will give him one hell of a hard time. You disagree? I'd love to hear your argument. But don't bother me with this "stating facts" business. If you can't muster up the brain power to form your own opinions and defend them against others, i'm not going to waste my time.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Are either of us wrong? No. I have my opinion, you have yours.
The only opinion I posted is what I think of someone who dismisses the shocking idea that the standings may change with the next quarter of the season still to play. Which would be you and your limited knowledge of the game. As far as Dallas not being "finished", that's not my opinion. That is a fact.

Romo does not perform well against a good pass rush
Lol, he gets his longest completions against the rush. I don't think there is a better QB at avoiding the sack, and that extends the play and gives the receivers time to get open downfield. You haven't watched too many Dallas games lately Romo has the second best passer rating. What's Rothlisburger? 21 or something? lmao

Last edited by 325trooper; 11-28-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Restricted User

The only opinion I posted is what I think of someone who dismisses the shocking idea that the standings may change with the next quarter of the season still to play. Which would be you and your limited knowledge of the game. As far as Dallas not being "finished", that's not my opinion. That is a fact.

Lol, he gets his longest completions against the rush. I don't think there is a better QB at avoiding the sack, and that extends the play and gives the receivers time to get open downfield. You haven't watched too many Dallas games lately Romo has the second best passer rating. What's Rothlisburger? 21 or something? lmao
I've seen every Dallas game every season for the past 8 years. I have no choice but to watch. The difference is that I see what's actually happening, not what you (and my wife) want to see.

At this point you are just extending this argument to save your ego, and wasting everyone's time. I won't be a part of it anymore.

My apologies to anyone who had hoped to read something worthwhile in this thread.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I won't be a part of it anymore.
Your quarterback is rated 21st in the league, and the quarterback you're talking **** on is rated 2nd playing with a splint on his throwing hand, and a team separated by one win is "finished" with a quarter of the season to go. You've displayed little knowledge about the game, so I don't blame you for not wanting to be a part of it anymore. You must be giving yourself an excuse in advance so you won't be expected to show your face in this thread again if Dallas makes the playoffs and beats Pittsburgh lol
Old 11-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Restricted User

Your quarterback is rated 21st in the league
Wait...just had to ask...who is "my" quarterback? I haven't mentioned at any point in this thread anything about any team allegiance.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Did'nt this thread start out as a Eagles thead ??????
Old 11-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 4get gto

Exactly the reason I bowed out of this argument. I came in here to chime in on the Eagles, and ended up in this bullshit exchange. He's obviously got way more free time than I do, so I don't see him giving up anytime soon.

I'm done. Anyone want to talk about Philly? Hey they pulled out a nice win on thursday.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 4get gto
If you only read the title of the thread, yes. Try reading post #1
Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I came in here to chime in on the Eagles, and ended up in this bullshit exchange.
You started the bullshit exchange. You initiated the conversation with me, along with the **** talking. What is real amusing is that the quarterback you talked **** on is now the #1 rated quarterback in the league and getting into the MVP running and yours is down to #23 lol. One weekend after you claimed they are "finished", they pulled ahead of Washington and have the same record as Atlanta who is sucking up the second wild card spot for the time being. A soothsayer you ain't.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Restricted User

You started the bullshit exchange. You initiated the conversation with me, along with the **** talking. What is real amusing is that the quarterback you talked **** on is now the #1 rated quarterback in the league and getting into the MVP running and yours is down to #23 lol. One weekend after you claimed they are "finished", they pulled ahead of Washington and have the same record as Atlanta who is sucking up the second wild card spot for the time being. A soothsayer you ain't.
You just can't let it go can you? Did I really hurt your feelings that badly?

Again...who is "my quarterback"? I never once mentioned anything about a team allegiance in this thread.

For the record...here is my first post in this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10146906-post53.html

Notice it has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Now here I am commenting on the subject of the thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10536600-post67.html

And here's your first pearl of wisdom injected into the thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10537660-post69.html

Now you tell me who started "talking ****".
Old 12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Jesus H. Christ!

start your own thread
Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phillyz28
Jesus H. Christ!

start your own thread
My apologies, bro. Let's get back to you and page two.

Originally Posted by phillyz28
you dont have any room to talk. eagles will win a super bowl, this year. i'm gonna go ahead and call it right now.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you kidding me? Comparing Dallas to the Giants? Give me a break.

The Giants are a Juggernaut this year...Dallas has half their wins by pure luck shots. Had a handful of plays gone differently, they'd be 4-7. You can't say that about the Giants...not by any stretch.
The point i'm trying to make is very very simple. My point is that the Cowboys season is over. They won't even make the playoffs.

Furthermore, Dallas DOES play NYG and Pitt. Now i'm not even going to ask a Dallas fan what they think about those games cause I already know what i'm going to hear. But I will say that no one who "knows the game of football" is going to pick the Cowboys in those games. So that's two more losses all but guaranteed.
Once Washington and Atlanta play their games this weekend, Dallas will be right back out of contention again. Then after losing to Pitt and NYG in the coming weeks, they'll be cooked, just as I said.
I believe I am right, and I am confident that I will be proven right in the coming weeks.

My how things change lol. A soothsayer you ain't.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesnt mean ****....Cowgirls still wont make the playoffs and if they do, they'll still go another year without winning a playoff game cause T.O doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut. "waaaa waaaa waaaaa...Tony and Jason sit together during lunch and think of what plays they can run....waaaa waaa waaaa....they arent throwing the ball to me enough..(15 ****** targets a game isnt enough????)." give me a ****** break. someone needs to lay this clown out once and for all.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Restricted User

Where were you last week after Dallas got spanked by Pitt?

One win doesn't make you right. As things sit now, Dallas is still out of the playoffs - http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf. As you can see there, TNT has a great point. Dallas has to win their last two games to have a chance at the playoffs.

Dallas season is shot...whether they miraculously make the playoffs or not. It's hard to argue at this point that they are going anywhere. This is the exact same team that couldn't win a playoff game the last two years after easily making it in. This year, if they make it, it will be by the skin of their teeth. They then have to beat NYG again (in the playoffs, mind you, which is a totally different world, as Dallas learned painfully last year), and even more importantly, Carolina...whom they have not played this year, and whos strengths match up perfectly against Dallas' weaknesses.

The Cowboys are doomed to fail because of the team makeup. When you have a team full of nothing but personalities, you get nothing but drama. Drama doesn't win football games.

Don't worry though, next year will be their year!

Last edited by Blakbird24; 12-15-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Where were you last week after Dallas got spanked by Pitt?
The week after they actually moved up in the standings you mean?

One win doesn't make you right. As things sit now, Dallas is still out of the playoffs - http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf. As you can see there, TNT has a great point. Dallas has to win their last two games to have a chance at the playoffs.
You might want to read that a little closer. Dallas is sitting in the first wild card slot. Consider yourself

5. Dallas Cowboys (9-5) – Own the head-to-head tiebreaker (1-0) between the three teams over Atlanta (1-1) and Tampa Bay (1-2) for the first wild-card spot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Dallas season is shot...whether they miraculously make the playoffs or not. It's hard to argue at this point that they are going anywhere. This is the exact same team that couldn't win a playoff game the last two years after easily making it in. This year, if they make it, it will be by the skin of their teeth. They then have to beat NYG again (in the playoffs, mind you, which is a totally different world, as Dallas learned painfully last year), and even more importantly, Carolina...whom they have not played this year, and whos strengths match up perfectly against Dallas' weaknesses.

The Cowboys are doomed to fail because of the team makeup. When you have a team full of nothing but personalities, you get nothing but drama. Drama doesn't win football games.

Don't worry though, next year will be their year!
All your carrying on about how great the Giants were and how anyone who picked Dallas didn't know about the game, and now you have nothing to say about last night? lmao
Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Restricted User

The week after they actually moved up in the standings you mean?
Yeah, that week...when they had to depend on OTHER TEAMS to actually get something done.

You might want to read that a little closer. Dallas is sitting in the first wild card slot. Consider yourself
YOU might want to read that a little closer...Dallas is sitting in slot 7 BELOW TB and Atlanta. That puts them ONE SLOT out of the playoffs.

All your carrying on about how great the Giants were and how anyone who picked Dallas didn't know about the game, and now you have nothing to say about last night? lmao
NY had a bad night, and lost. Dallas had a good night, and won. This is true. Unfortunately one game a champion doesn't make. Let's talk about last week shall we? How come you have nothing to say about that? 289 yards TOTAL, 5 turnovers...romo threw three INTs and was sacked three times. He wasn't very good at avoiding the sack THAT night.

As proven last night (yes even in a win), Romo has some mobility...but no more than average...not like McNabb and Vick in their prime. More importantly, when the rush gets to him...he makes mistakes, not plays. Bobbled snaps, fumbles (often in their own end zone, mind you), INTs...these are all Romo's signature. The Giants blew the game by backing off Romo in the second half. They were owning his *** when they brought 7.

...and now Dallas has to face Pitt's twin on saturday...with Romo and Barber hurting. Will they even finish the game?

Keep going, I can keep embarassing you all day. Posting funny pictures doesn't make you any more intelligent.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

325...its one game and your makin it seem like they accomplished something....Philly went into Giants stadium a few weeks back and ran all over the Giants...so whats your point? they still need to win their last 2...which, mind you, is at home against the #2 ranked defense in the league and than come here to Philly where your gonna have 2 completely differant teams playin each other than the last time we played in Dallas and still have playoff implications...good luck with that!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by TNTramair
325...its one game and your makin it seem like they accomplished something....Philly went into Giants stadium a few weeks back and ran all over the Giants...so whats your point? they still need to win their last 2...which, mind you, is at home against the #2 ranked defense in the league and than come here to Philly where your gonna have 2 completely differant teams playin each other than the last time we played in Dallas and still have playoff implications...good luck with that!!
Philly could very well make the playoffs at the expense of Dallas. They are no doubt a stronger team than the one that nearly beat Dallas in week 2. Remember it was a fumble by Philly that kept them from putting that game away with just over 3 minutes left. Wouldn't that be poetic justice.

Though I really think that Baltimore will take care of Dallas on saturday. With a defense as good as Pitt, and a better offense, Dallas' notorious slow start will be the end of their season.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Philly could very well make the playoffs at the expense of Dallas. They are no doubt a stronger team than the one that nearly beat Dallas in week 2. Remember it was a fumble by Philly that kept them from putting that game away with just over 3 minutes left. Wouldn't that be poetic justice.

Though I really think that Baltimore will take care of Dallas on saturday. With a defense as good as Pitt, and a better offense, Dallas' notorious slow start will be the end of their season.
yes indeed it would but we need some help....Atl and TB have to both lose atleast 1 of their last 2 games and we need to win out to make it in. but it would be Sweet Poetic justice if that came the last game of the season against Dallas.