Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how you Philly fans consider Dallas to have the worst fans, yet it is your fans that the rest of the league sees as the worst. If I remember correctly, it was Philly who cheered as Michael Irvin was carted off of the field on a stretcher when he injured his neck. That's just plain shitty of anyone. Dallas fans aren't dilusional, we're just faithful. Is there anything wrong with hoping that our team has what it takes to win the SB? NO. It's easy as **** to be a Philly-esque fan, and cheer when they're doing well and boo when they're doing bad. I believe there's a name for that. It's called a bandwaggoner.
Also, Blackbird, I like how you say Dallas fans make the most excuses, but you are the one claiming that Philly gave the game away to Dallas in week 2 with the fumble. Is that not an excuse? You take a lot of pride in your rebuttals to 325 and claim to have wasted everyone's time, but the two of you and maybe a few others are the only ones involved in this whole f-ing thread. You have taken the route of claiming you've proven your point, but just like 325 said earlier, you haven't. They're not "finished".

GO DALLAS
Old 12-17-2008, 07:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
I like how you Philly fans consider Dallas to have the worst fans, yet it is your fans that the rest of the league sees as the worst. If I remember correctly, it was Philly who cheered as Michael Irvin was carted off of the field on a stretcher when he injured his neck. That's just plain shitty of anyone. Dallas fans aren't dilusional, we're just faithful. Is there anything wrong with hoping that our team has what it takes to win the SB? NO. It's easy as **** to be a Philly-esque fan, and cheer when they're doing well and boo when they're doing bad. I believe there's a name for that. It's called a bandwaggoner.
Also, Blackbird, I like how you say Dallas fans make the most excuses, but you are the one claiming that Philly gave the game away to Dallas in week 2 with the fumble. Is that not an excuse? You take a lot of pride in your rebuttals to 325 and claim to have wasted everyone's time, but the two of you and maybe a few others are the only ones involved in this whole f-ing thread. You have taken the route of claiming you've proven your point, but just like 325 said earlier, you haven't. They're not "finished".

GO DALLAS
that was a very well thought out and endearing post....it must have taken you an hour to come up with it...i applaud you....

since your in Texas we wouldnt expect you to understand "US" as Eagles fans. we bleed green and therefore cheer when they play well and boo when they dont cause we know they arent playing to their capability and often dissagree with either the playcalling or execution of said plays.

yeah some cheered when irving got hurt...a pot smokin cocky receiver who did nothing but talk trash on philly...(want me to look up the interviews??) its very simple....if you dont like us, we will boo the **** out of you till no avail. we are Philadelphia...like us, hate us, we dont give a ****..plain and simple.

one thing is for sure...when the coin flips on sunday, there are no more passionate fans than us. win or lose, we'll still be standing here cheering.

in my experiance with Cowgirl fans its become very clear...when they're doin shitty, you dont hear a peep out of them but as soon as they win a couple games and they come out of the woodworks to talk ****.

you can keep your americas team...keep on routin for them. bring all the high paid cancers in the league and try to buy yourself a championship....and we'll sit here and laugh at you just like allways.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Restricted User

Are you going to disappear next week too? I love this. As long as there's still even the slightest chance of Dallas making it, we're supposed to treat them like they own football. Keep dreaming.

I will ONCE AGAIN restate my assertion, since both you and your (probably equally) delusional buddy conveniently forget it right before every post made. I have not said that Dallas CANNOT make the playoffs. I said they WILL NOT. If you can't grasp the difference by now, you need to find a forum that is more your speed. Perhaps you can try your local elementary school.

Also, my statement about the game in week 2 was not an excuse, it was an observation. Philly was up 37-34 when they fumbled...had they not, it's hard to argue that it would not have been a touchdown, or that a touchdown would not have resulted in an ensuing play. Dallas had been unable to corral Westbrook all night, and there's no reason to think that their worn-down defense could have done it at that point. That touchdown would have put philly up 44-34 with just over 3 minutes (maybe just under 3 minutes) left on the clock. That, my friend, is called "putting a game away". So, while it is not necessarily a hard fact that they gave the game to Dallas, it's damn hard (for someone outside the Dallas delusion) to argue that it's not the truth.

Though I know it's hard for a Dallas fan to comprehend those who recognize reality and deal with it, I will remind you that you are not supported by "the rest of the league" as you so assert. I rather would make the opposite claim...the rest of the league sees YOU as the unusual one. Philly fans are very vocal and can be very harsh, but so are Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Carolina and Jacksonville fans. On the other hand, those fans would all likely agree that Cowboys fans need to return from the other planet they live on.

Michael Irvin was treated as he was (by more fans than just those from Philly), because he was an overpaid cocky *******, as was Deion Sanders, and as is Terrel Owens. T.O. is right where he belongs though, and the rest of the NFL couldn't be happier that he is where he is, out of our hair. Let him cause all the locker room conflicts he wants, and drop all the passes he can...he's your problem.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Amen!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TNTramair
one thing is for sure...when the coin flips on sunday, there are no more passionate fans than us. win or lose, we'll still be standing here cheering.

in my experiance with Cowgirl fans its become very clear...when they're doin shitty, you dont hear a peep out of them but as soon as they win a couple games and they come out of the woodworks to talk ****.
HA HA, are you kidding me? Standing there cheering? I think it's Philly fans that empty the stadium most of the time when the Eagles are getting their asses handed to them. While you may be speaking for yourself, I am talking about the entire fanbase as a whole. It's Philly fans that are talked about in such a negative manner because of their lack of sportsmanship and decency.

I have not problem with a big fan of any team supporting them, but it's the manner in which they conduct themselves that I see as ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Also, my statement about the game in week 2 was not an excuse, it was an observation. Philly was up 37-34 when they fumbled...had they not, it's hard to argue that it would not have been a touchdown, or that a touchdown would not have resulted in an ensuing play. Dallas had been unable to corral Westbrook all night, and there's no reason to think that their worn-down defense could have done it at that point. That touchdown would have put philly up 44-34 with just over 3 minutes (maybe just under 3 minutes) left on the clock. That, my friend, is called "putting a game away". So, while it is not necessarily a hard fact that they gave the game to Dallas, it's damn hard (for someone outside the Dallas delusion) to argue that it's not the truth.

Michael Irvin was treated as he was (by more fans than just those from Philly), because he was an overpaid cocky *******, as was Deion Sanders, and as is Terrel Owens. T.O. is right where he belongs though, and the rest of the NFL couldn't be happier that he is where he is, out of our hair. Let him cause all the locker room conflicts he wants, and drop all the passes he can...he's your problem.
Both of you crack me up. You overlook the fact that no matter what someone has said or done, their health is not something you cheer about. While I am as passionate about Dallas as you all are about Philly,if not more, I am not shitty enough to cheer about another player's injury. It is things like this that cause Eagles fans to have such a reputation.

In regards to your comment about "putting a game away", is that not an excuse? Westbrook did not have the ability to hold on to the ball, therefore he fumbled it. Even though the Dallas D was having trouble with him, he was not good enough to maintain possession of the ball and Dallas' defense got it. You can word it however you like, but either way, it's still an excuse.

I never said that I supported all of the decisions Jerry Jones, Michael Irvin, or even T.O. make, especially T.O. I even started a thread about T.O. in the Texas Section, and how shitty he is as a team player. I could care less if the Cowboys let him go and let Roy Williams do the job. I support the Cowboys as a team, not as a fan of some of the players.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm embarrassed to say I live just outside of Philly (be back home away from this run down expensive crime ridden **** hole this summer) and I see these losers in person. That have a serious inferiority complex because they're like the only team in this part of the country who has failed to win a superbowl. Certainly the only team in the division.They consider the season a success if they just make the playoffs, it's a losers mentality. Whereas 99% of Dallas fans consider the season a failure if they don't bring home another Lombardi. If they make it one week longer in the playoffs than Dallas, they think they have some kind of credibility to talk ****. Just like this thread they are saying all Dallas fans bring up the superbowl wins, but haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. I don't give a **** they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. I care they haven't won a superbowl in 10 years. Philly fans cannot relate to that for obvious reasons. They have no loyalty. If Mcnabb has a bad game,the sports radio,newspapers and fans are calling for him too be benched and he gets booed at on the field. If the next game he plays good, they beat off to him. And they all seem to talk about Dallas more than they do their own team. They give themselves too much credit.They want to believe that us Dallas fans consider them so important that they are our number one rival. Washington is our number one rival. And the Giants are second. Why? They have what Philly doesn't. Lombardis. Nothing else matters. Philly could have made it to the NFC championship the last 10 years, but it would mean absolutely nothing. I hear them talking **** with their losing mentality and just have to chuckle.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Are you going to disappear next week too? I love this. As long as there's still even the slightest chance of Dallas making it, we're supposed to treat them like they own football. Keep dreaming.
Only someone who doesn't know the game, such as yourself, would say a team that is in the number one wild card position with two weeks left has only the "slightest" chance. And it is possible to swallow your pride and admit they aren't "finished" without treating them like "they own football", there Mr. Dallas Is At #7 And If Anyone Picks Them To Beat The Giants Doesn't Know Football
Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

People have been talking about how bad Philly fans are for a long time. Get over it. Its passion and of course it is going to go overboard sometimes. I have a friend that is a die hard cowboys fan and has gone to several Eagles games in his Cowboys gear and has never had a problem. I feel like a lot of the events that have made Philly notorious for having bad fans happened a while ago, the battery throwing at JD Drew or the Irvin incident. Please, if you hate this **** hole you live in, leave. Its easy to sit around and complain about things, frankly all the complaints accomplish nothing.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

we'll see if we hear a peep out of you 2 yahoos if Dallas fails to make the playoffs.........that is all for now.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

If Dallas doesn't make it, then they don't make it. I'll still be a diehard fan nonetheless. I honestly think they have what it takes to clinch a playoff spot and even advance, but if they don't show up to play, then they'll lose. Simple as that.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Tony Homo. When he retires from the Cowgirls, and comes out of the closet, I'm gonna laugh. God knows Dallas can't have a gay quarterback though, he'd be stoned.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

Cowboy fans- Let's see if you can pull off the win tomorrow night against Baltimore. If you don't win tomorrow, you are not going to the playoffs. And, if you do win and go to the playoffs, you will not advance. Simple as that. You have all the tools, but they don't work together. Arguably the best receiving core (along with Arizona), a great TE, and a running game. Not to mention an offensive line that towers above the rest of the league. Even with all those offensive weapons, they still can't win the big games. It's as simple as that. They beat the teams they are supposed to beat, but hardly show up against stout competition.

Dallas better pray they win tomorrow and that ATL or TB lose. If not, WE will keep you out of the playoffs. Eagles 35-17 in Philly to end the season.

GO BIRDS!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Barely show up? Ha Ha, Everyone had the Giants beating the Cowboys by at least a touchdown, and we all remember the score. They had the Steelers until the last 7 mins of that game, and Romo didn't do so well. Now that Barber's back, Choice is a great back-up, and you already discussed the receiving corp. We'll be just fine agains Ray Lewis and the Raven's defense. Our defense will continue to do what they did to Roethlisburger and Manning behind Demarcus Ware.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

^^^That was a home game against the Giants. I don't care what analysts were predicting, you were SUPPOSED to win that game. A conference rivalry game at home, I stand behind my statement. Giants are not very good when you take away Burress and Jacobs (you can thank us for that early Christmas gift Dallas...)

As for the Steelers game, I don't know why, but they don't play offense until half way through the 4th.

Big D in Dallas, not quite there yet. Yes D Ware is a beast off the edge. When the other team is stuck passing the ball, he pins his ears back and can rush the passer with the best of them. Your defense plays amazing when you have the lead, or are within a score, but as soon as you put a lead up on them, they have no entity. If you don't believe me, just keep watching and you'll see. It's no knock on the D, just saying...

Either way, the end of the season is setting up for some great match-ups, and with a little luck, maybe we can match up in the playoffs. But of course that means the Cowboys would have to win a playoff game. Which might be more far-fetched than the Eagles making the playoffs. Assess...

Assess doesn't equal Asses...
Old 12-19-2008, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dankl
Giants are not very good when you take away Burress and Jacobs (you can thank us for that early Christmas
Thank you for making Plaxico shoot himself in the leg.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

That was meant for Jacobs. You can thank Plaxico's dad for that one...
Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Only someone who doesn't know the game, such as yourself, would say a team that is in the number one wild card position with two weeks left has only the "slightest" chance. And it is possible to swallow your pride and admit they aren't "finished" without treating them like "they own football", there Mr. Dallas Is At #7 And If Anyone Picks Them To Beat The Giants Doesn't Know Football
How about now? Anything to say? They will not make the playoffs, just like I said. WILL NOT...not the same as CAN NOT.

Not that it matters, I know i'm talking to myself, because all the Dallas fans will now be in their yearly invisible mode until April.

That's OK though, next year is their year.

LOL ROTFLMAO OMG WTF!!!!!1!!!!11!!1!!ONE

That said, we can now start talking about the Eagles. Will THEY do it? Could they be poised to make the same run that NYG made last year? My opinion - no. IF they make it, they will waltz right to the NFC championship and lose. Just like Dallas can't win a playoff game, Philly can't win a Championship.

One of these days I will be proven wrong...I really hope it's Philly that does it and not Dallas.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Barely show up? Ha Ha, Everyone had the Giants beating the Cowboys by at least a touchdown, and we all remember the score. They had the Steelers until the last 7 mins of that game, and Romo didn't do so well. Now that Barber's back, Choice is a great back-up, and you already discussed the receiving corp. We'll be just fine agains Ray Lewis and the Raven's defense. Our defense will continue to do what they did to Roethlisburger and Manning behind Demarcus Ware.
Oh? ...
Old 12-21-2008, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

It wasn't Ray Lewis that was the issue. Defense sucked tonight for the boys. While Romo and the offense weren't outstanding, they at least made the game interesting before the ridiculous runs by McGahee and the other back. Bullshit tackling and just a total lack of effort. Oh well, Cowboys are still my team and I know y'all will laugh, but they can still actually make it if a few other teams lose. (finger's crossed)

GO REDSKINS
Old 12-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Launching!

Dont forget it was eagles fans that pegged santa with snow *****...eagles fans that made fun of TO for trying to commit suicide OHD OHD OHD OHD OHHHHD OHHHHHD...anything else i missed that makes us the best fans in the ****** world? oh yeah we all know about sports and dont cheer for over paid under achieving athletes that havent won a playoff game in over 10 ****** years. **** dallas