Old 12-21-2008, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bout them cowboys!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
...oh yeah we all know about sports and dont cheer for over paid under achieving athletes that havent won a playoff game in over 10 ****** years. **** dallas
Actually it's 12 years as of last night.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

how bout those play calls!!! same ol ****.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by TNTramair
how bout those play calls!!! same ol ****.
Thankfully Atlanta won today. Cause at this point i'd hate to see Philly make the playoffs and take the spot of a team that could actually do something when they got there.

Same goes for Dallas...both teams should just pack it in and start thinking about next year...or jobs outside of football.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
oh yeah we all know about sports and dont cheer for over paid under achieving athletes that havent won a playoff game in over 10 ****** years. **** dallas
Originally Posted by Blakbird24

Ha Ha, you Eagles fans keep going back to that, but what's even better is that your team hasn't won a Super Bowl EVER. I've never been one to compare teams of the past, but if you're going to go that route, you don't have **** to stand on. I'd rather have won the Super Bowls and not won a playoff game in 12 years over making it into the playoffs and never actually winning the big game. Especially behind the same shitty coach and quarterback for so long. They may have gotten you to the big game, but they still couldn't pull it off.

Also, we may have lost to the Ravens, but y'all got beat by the Redskins and I was loving it. Makes next week even more interesting. Who will end the season on a losing streak, and who will end it with a win? My money is on the Cowboys.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

What an absolute pathetic showing yesterday. Can we please get rid of Reid, PLEASE? Jesus H Christ....abandon the run in the 2nd half for what reason? He called the game like they were down 3 TDs. The Redskins DB's we sitting back waiting for the Eagles WR's to run their 7 yard route then stop...no down the field plays, no separation....and when they did get some openings they couldn't hang onto the ball anyway. The sad thing is they're still in it...they don't deserve a playoff spot, period.

Patriot, the reason why the past is brought up is because EVERY year is "the Cowboys year". Every year they're going to "dominate the league". Every year their fans the and media pencil them in for a championship. The point is for more than a decade they have no idea what a playoff victory tastes like so how could they be contenders when they're underachieving choke artists?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

And at the end of the day theres still only 1 team on top of the NFC and that would the Giants. haha, I hope the iggles stuff the the cowgirls this week
Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default All that I have to say........

Old 12-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Ha Ha, you Eagles fans keep going back to that, but what's even better is that your team hasn't won a Super Bowl EVER. I've never been one to compare teams of the past, but if you're going to go that route, you don't have **** to stand on. I'd rather have won the Super Bowls and not won a playoff game in 12 years over making it into the playoffs and never actually winning the big game. Especially behind the same shitty coach and quarterback for so long. They may have gotten you to the big game, but they still couldn't pull it off.
Actually, Philly has won "the big game". Seven times in fact. Cowboys fans like to think that the world of football was born when their team was formed. Fact is, football goes back over 30 years before the cowboys, and Philly was winning "the big game" before Dallas even had a team. You just like to forget about all that time before they dubbed it "The Super Bowl" because Dallas wasn't around to win back then.

But i'll remind you again...the past is the past...the present is now...and right now, Dallas sucks. Continue living in the past, we'll send you a postcard once a year from the playoffs.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

But i'll remind you again...the past is the past...the present is now...and right now, Dallas sucks. Continue living in the past, we'll send you a postcard once a year from the playoffs.
Um, dude....our team need SERIOUS help to get in the playoffs right now....I don't think we can talk trash right now.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Frosty
Um, dude....our team need SERIOUS help to get in the playoffs right now....I don't think we can talk trash right now.
Sorry I didn't clarify. I'm not talking about the eagles. They are not "my team". I was speaking about the rest of the NFL in that quote. Philly is as undeserving of a playoff spot this year as Dallas.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Patriot, the reason why the past is brought up is because EVERY year is "the Cowboys year". Every year they're going to "dominate the league". Every year their fans the and media pencil them in for a championship. The point is for more than a decade they have no idea what a playoff victory tastes like so how could they be contenders when they're underachieving choke artists?
What you are saying makes a little sense, but I'm still going to disagree with you on a part or two. As much as I love the Cowboys, I don't agree with all of the championship talk before the season begins or even early on in the playoffs. I think it's stupid to make such an assumption about any team, so we actually agree on something. However, unless you are willing to say the Eagles are just as equally choke artist as the Cowboys, if not more, then I don't see how you can point a finger at all. At least they have won a Super Bowl.

There you go again counting them out too soon.

You just like to forget about all that time before they dubbed it "The Super Bowl" because Dallas wasn't around to win back then.

Somehow you totally skipped the part where I said I didn't like to compare teams of the past, but in order to continue with the point he was trying to make, I stayed in that topic. Just in case you didn't see it, I've put it right here for you to see. In easy to read red.
I've never been one to compare teams of the past, but if you're going to go that route, you don't have **** to stand on.

All the Cowboys have to do is beat the Eagles and they get into the playoffs. I'm not going to make any predictions, but I'm feeling good about Dallas going into Philly and sending the Eagles into the offseason. I don't see how you can say they don't deserve to be in the playoffs, yet they still managed to survive without numerous star players for long periods of time. That sounds like a team that deserves to be there even more to me.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

What you are saying makes a little sense, but I'm still going to disagree with you on a part or two. As much as I love the Cowboys, I don't agree with all of the championship talk before the season begins or even early on in the playoffs. I think it's stupid to make such an assumption about any team, so we actually agree on something. However, unless you are willing to say the Eagles are just as equally choke artist as the Cowboys, if not more, then I don't see how you can point a finger at all. At least they have won a Super Bowl.
Every year the Cowboys have talent, every year Jerry Jones spends gobs of $$ and they go nowhere. Maybe you never say "it's their year" but a ton of 'boys fans do, as does the media. For a team to be a contender they at least need to win a playoff game. If/when Dallas wins a playoff game I'll consider them a contender just like some of the great teams in the playoffs, until then they're no better than the Lions.

Yeah, the Eagles haven't won a "super bowl" but at least they've been in it and have run a solid organization in the last decade, they've been to the big dance and have contended "almost" every year...the Cowboys have been working on their golf game...I hear it looks good too.

I think Dallas will make a run once they get the playoff piano off their back..but like I said, until they do that they're no more of a threat than the Lions IMO.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Every year the Cowboys have talent, every year Jerry Jones spends gobs of $$ and they go nowhere. Maybe you never say "it's their year" but a ton of 'boys fans do, as does the media. For a team to be a contender they at least need to win a playoff game. If/when Dallas wins a playoff game I'll consider them a contender just like some of the great teams in the playoffs, until then they're no better than the Lions.

Yeah, the Eagles haven't won a "super bowl" but at least they've been in it and have run a solid organization in the last decade, they've been to the big dance and have contended "almost" every year...the Cowboys have been working on their golf game...I hear it looks good too.

I think Dallas will make a run once they get the playoff piano off their back..but like I said, until they do that they're no more of a threat than the Lions IMO.
....funny, but true.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Restricted User

There you go again counting them out too soon.
I suppose we'll see about that very soon. I don't feel that i'm counting them out too soon at all. Actually, I counted them out after I saw the first game they played without Romo. We're still dealing with the same team that blew it in the playoffs the past two seasons. They are plus/minus a handful of names, but essentially we are looking at the same team, and they are actually performing worse this season than they did in the past two. That said, I see no reason to believe that 1 - they will make the playoffs and 2 - if they do, that they will actually get anywhere.

Somehow you totally skipped the part where I said I didn't like to compare teams of the past, but in order to continue with the point he was trying to make, I stayed in that topic. Just in case you didn't see it, I've put it right here for you to see. In easy to read red.
Actually, I did see that. I also saw the part where you did exactly what you said you didn't like to do.

All the Cowboys have to do is beat the Eagles and they get into the playoffs. I'm not going to make any predictions, but I'm feeling good about Dallas going into Philly and sending the Eagles into the offseason. I don't see how you can say they don't deserve to be in the playoffs, yet they still managed to survive without numerous star players for long periods of time. That sounds like a team that deserves to be there even more to me.
Really? You're feeling good? Cause i'm in completely the opposite place. I'm not really a fan of either team, but if i'm betting, i'm betting on Philly. This game is one of the reasons that I asserted that Dallas would not make it...I knew that even if enough teams lost for Dallas to stay in it this long, this game would finish them. They haven't been able to beat Philly in December in Dallas in at least three years, and it's been far longer when the game is played in Philly. Romo has his worst ratings against the Eagles, and those all came BEFORE Assante Samuel was added to the Philly roster. TO has been rendered totally ineffective by the Philly secondary ever since he left the Eagles, and Barber will be facing a run defense ranked third in the NFL, not to mention he's not at 100% to begin with. He was at 100% in week two, and managed only 3yds/carry against Philly.

That said, i'd love to hear your argument for picking Dallas in this game.

Last edited by Blakbird24; 12-24-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

So the stage is set...the winner moves on....the loser goes home right? I'm not sure what Dallas' scenario is...can they still move on even with a loss?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

It's not looking good for da 'boys
Old 12-28-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

So far, the Boys aren't looking like they deserve to win this game. I still have faith that they can do it, but they are going to have to put a lot more effort in it than they had in the first half. The play that just happened was great though. Romo to Witten, Witten to Owens.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

...and Cowboys fans are on suicide watch.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Nevermind...Romo just fumbled.